LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Q & A Spot
Ethics Question
Page 2 of 3 [31 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next

Should "Currency/Random/Various LLD Gear" Validate HLD Gear Being ISO/FT?
Yes
81%
 81%  [ 13 ]
No
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 16

James

BNet Acct/Realm: USEastNL - *BoD_LLD *BoD_PvM
5.79 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

then why not just post a link to your ft thread? is it really that hard?

and virtuous emphasised that this is an ETHICS question, not a RULES question.
OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

BNet Acct/Realm: OutlawHeaven/OutlawHvn @USEast@Azeroth@AIM
12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Why do i have to? Its my own preference to say, "Random LLD Gear"

Clops

BNet Acct/Realm: East Non-ladder only: sir_cyclops
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

i agree 100% with blood of destiny, its like u all can bend the rules but no others it agravates me when a thread gets locked for like a few minutes, i mean give them a break not good

and the u can post "various lld gear" like u got something
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

How is he bending the rules? I've seen other mods posts getting locked for bumping too early.

They are allowed to say various LLD gear...

This isn't really an ethics question, because an ethics question would be more like "Should mods be able to trade HLD for HLD gear on LLD101?" (which they can't Rolling Eyes).

Why should mods babysit people? They can tell time, doulbe check when you posted to make sure you didn't post too early... they shouldn't have to let you slide because you're being lazy.
Kody

0.03 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

lol how do you know he doesnt have lld gear? ive seen his ft thread multiple times and ALMOST if not everything on thier is for lld and i agree that this isnt a ethics question

Clops

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

I just think its stuipd. I mean how do you know when they post, they have something for trade for various lld items and he says catch me in game or pm me, that they dont trade hld for hld. I dont wanna get anyone fired up at my but i think its crazy for something like that to go on. This is an ethics question. Its your ethics of whether or not you trade hld for hld gear, and cover it up with "various lld items". And im not saying outlaw does this b/c he is a respected person (obivously b/c he is a mod). But you open it up to other people doing this when some1 like a mod does this. It gives any John Doe the oppurtunity to come in here and secretly trade hld items for hld items. I also dont think its right to trade sojs for hld items on this site if its over say 4 or 6. I mean how many lvl 30 lld casters do you have that need to be equipped with sojs.

-nuff said
Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

sir_cyclops wrote:
I also dont think its right to trade sojs for hld items on this site if its over say 4 or 6.

Why? Is it because you don't have that much liquid currency? I had LLDs that didn't need 15 life scs, but I bought them for tradable currency. Why even have cash in America? We all could go back to the bartering system!

Who cares if people secretely trade HLD for HLD here? It's not like it's not happening... just like how people are actively trading dupes via PM on LLD101.

The trade forum rules say no HLD for HLD, it doesn't say that in PM rules that you can't trade HLD for HLD.
Clops

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Sounds like grim is getting hooked up with the 32020s under the table.

Also, 15 life scs are needed by almost everyone and therefore is widely accepted but most chars dont use 40 sojs like they do 15 lifers.

Oh, and i have plenty of sojs and 15 lifers.
OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Okay, BoD, first of all, i don't think posting my entire For Trade List would be a good idea, since some of the items (I just noticed) arn't even LLD, so I'm not allowed to do that.

Second, why does it seem that Sojs are being considered strictly HLD currency? Even though HLD people accept them, so do LLDers, not to mention the fact that they are level 29. Regardless of whether the Sojs are used to purchase lld or hld items, the soj itself is : A, Currency; B, considered a lld item; C, are used by both LLDers and Hlders. By just those three points alone, i am trading an lld item/s for a hld item/s. It doesn't matter in the end what the sojs are used for, but they ARE an lld item, currency or equipment or both. Correct?

Also, whats wrong with saying, 15 lifers for X Hld item/s? It's basically the same thing. I mean i included that in my thread as well.

With me saying, "Random LLD Gear", thats basically what it is. Who says that I had to be trading a specific item? Whats wrong with giving a more broad horizon for sellers to ask whether I've got a certain item or not? Maybe I've got too little or too many items to even bother listing.

Also, trading via PM is at the sole discretion of the seller and buyer. It is not supported, and are we able to moderate it. Besides a PM is a Private Message, why would we moderate it if we're not supposed to publicly read them anyways?

-Edit- By the way, regarding the 24 hour bump rule. Its the twenty four hour bump rule. Not twenty three hours, fifty nine minute, fifty nine second bump rule. Its not too hard to understand. If your too lazy, and not careful enough to bump without looking at the clock, then you should deserve to be locked.

Clops

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

OutlawHeaven wrote:
Also, whats wrong with saying, 15 lifers for X Hld item/s? It's basically the same thing. I mean i included that in my thread as well.

I never said anything was wrong with this. Grim brought this out of thin air.

And as i said before, im not accusing you but grim said it happens all the time and dupes are sold in pms and crap. Just to let you guys know, ive never been asked to do hld for hld via pm or trade dupes via pm and ive been here awhile so it dont "happen all the time".
OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

sir_cyclops wrote:
OutlawHeaven wrote:

I never said anything was wrong with this. Grim brought this out of thin air.

And as i said before, im not accusing you but grim said it happens all the time and dupes are sold in pms and crap. Just to let you guys know, ive never been asked to do hld for hld via pm or trade dupes via pm and ive been here awhile so it dont "happen all the time".

That was more of an open rebuttal, not specifically targeted at anyone, because if you take my thread, {which has been used without my consent,(just joking)}, it's part of my "for trade" list techincally.

Also, just because you've never experianced a situation, does not guarantee it does not happen.

Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

sir_cyclops wrote:

Also, 15 life scs are needed by almost everyone and therefore is widely accepted but most chars dont use 40 sojs like they do 15 lifers.

Oh, and i have plenty of sojs and 15 lifers.

I know a few people who trade dupes via PM on LLD101. Also I've been offered HLD items for HLD items on LLD101 via PM.

Also, there is a thing called currency... and since sojs are currency... I may not need it, but I'll keep them.

That's like saying, you can't sell that book on ebay for Paypal because you won't be using that money right-away. Instead you HAVE to sell it for another book.

Also, I could care less how many sojs/15 lifers you have. All that matters is that you're contradicting yourself.
fuh

BNet Acct/Realm: Not Active
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

sir_cyclops wrote:

this will be off topic but I wanted to clarify it since if grim would say no I doubt u'd trust him.. but I'm %100 sure that grim have never traded a single duped item even thou he needed 3/ar/20s bad..we've been good friends with him for 1,5 years I was trying to hook him up with 3/ar/15+s for his not good lld stuff such as 22-23-24maxers 3/ar/13-15lifers.. bc he was more into mld than lld lately.. as far as I know he hates dupes and everything which makes this game cheap as much as I do..He is one of the most honorable and honest guys I've ever met.. Not even mentioning how much he is usefull for our community.
Regards.. fuh

skulls

BNet Acct/Realm: Gun Barrel, Tx. Never pick a fight with an old man, he will jus kill you.
11.97 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

DITTO!!

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.

ISO:VLLD
8min dmg jewels
dual dmg jewels
+10 min dmg eth replinish throwing spears
eth repair armor

ISO:LLD
dual dmg jewels
eth repair armor
hvy min dmg eth replinish throwing spears
+3ww barb helm
when is this thread closing?
Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Wow, thanks guys... glad to know that I have such good friends. I would have brought the fact of how much I hate dupes... but it would have been off-topic and I doubt he would have believed me anyways.
Page 2 of 3 [31 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Q & A Spot

Quick Reply
Username: 

Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum