LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:44 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Halo 2 End Results...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 6 of 7 [97 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject:  

Tric, the BR can kill at all ranges, I personally am best up close, most shotguns don't get a chance to shoot by the time I've bxr, ducked and bxb'd them.

Tric
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: xxx_tric_xxx
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject:  

Irritable Bowel Syndrome wrote:
Tric, the BR can kill at all ranges, I personally am best up close, most shotguns don't get a chance to shoot by the time I've bxr, ducked and bxb'd them.

oh is that so? play a game on coagulation and see how far you can kill someone.

if you're not host then by all means watse your ammo trying to kill someone across the map on midship or lockout. you might get a hit or two, or get the killing headshot, but for the most part the bullet spread is too much and at that range the br becomes rather ineffective. if you ARE host then you can kill people across maps like lockout and midship, but slightly longer distances the br gets less and less accurate.

compare it to the pistol on Hang em High and see the difference in the accuracy and range.

i find it cute that you think you can bxr someone walking around with a shotgun. if they have host and are any good you wont finish your melee lunge before you get shot. if they dont have host then yes, you can pull it off
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject:  

How was Halo balanced in the first one? The pistol was way too over-powered..
sPiN

22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject:  

NO ONE PLAYS COAGULATION LOL

Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject:  

Except when they're forced to during matchmaking... Rolling Eyes
sPiN

22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject:  

The only time you can get it is in Big Team Battle, and that is stupid becuse all it is, is a big lag fest. They took off like every big map on everything except Big Team Battle, because little babys cry about host.

Tric

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject:  

Grim04 wrote:
How was Halo balanced in the first one? The pistol was way too over-powered..

im so glad you asked. because this is where alot of newbs are mistaken.

Halo1 is balanced because the weapons arent overly easy to use. you had to lead your pistol and sniper, while in halo2 the br and sniper are instant hit(and there was a TON more autoaim in H2). having to aim places where you dont get the benefit of autoaim makes it more difficult.

The Pistol can kill in three shots. It is accurate Long range and short range. This weapon is the key to the balance. Everyone starts with one. It gives people the ABILITY to kill someone with a snipe, a rocket, a shotgun. ANYTHING. dont think 3 shotting is as easy as you think it is either. The fact that the pistol stands a chance to every other weapon keeps the others in check. the pistols only downside is the slow melee speed.

The Assault rifle is the other weapon you spawn with. it is considered by most to be underpowered in terms of how fast it can kill. this is somewhat true. The AR does less dmg against shields, but tears people's health apart. The genius behind this weapon is it underpowered to prevent the newb charging. BUT on the plus side, it is ESSENTIAL for quick camo glitch, and its melee is the quickest in the game. Only newbs dismiss this weapon as useless.

The shotgun is the close range power weapon. it has a quick melee, and can quick camo. The downside to this is that it has a brief period between shots where you cant shoot. it is only good up close if you can hit your target. if you miss your first shot, a pistol or AR can have enough time to take you down.

Plasma Rifle is essential to balancing the powerups. this weapon is good at taking down shields and stuns people when you shoot them. this weapon has a slow melee to keep the stun+melee under control. This weapon is extremely accurate long ranges when pumped.

The rocket is exceptionally strong. the downside is the long time between being able to shoot your second rocket. if you miss your first shot you are vulnerable. the rocket has a slow melee speed. If we look at halo2s rocket, you'll notice how quickly you can shoot two rockets in a row. It discourages people from NEEDING to make each shot hit. To take a deeper look, if you consider how the weapons respawn in halo2, shooting two rockets isnt a bad thing because if you happen to die, you and your team alone know when the rockets will respawn again. so if you waste them, it isnt a liability to your team's success. no quick camo

Plasma pistol. this weapon was done perfectly. if you shoot the trigger fast enough, it shoots quicker than the plasma rifle, and has stun. it's charged shot shoots fast enough to be a threat, and the homing properties it has only allows it to drift towards the targer, and wont hit 100%. has quick camo

needer. . it has a slow melee speed. and generally useless. it is still infinatly better than halo2's version. 1 needle will actully do damage in h1 while in h2 1 needle wont do any dmg to your health. if i remember correctly if you shoot 1 needle into someone at a time, you wont ever kill them( h2).

Sniper. This weapon is difficult to use because h1 has smaller hitboxes, less autoaim and you have to lead. it makes this weapon hard to use. You can have a sniper, and at no time will you have complete control with it because the pistol beats it at most ranges. slow melee speed and no quick camo.

Lets recap. The sniper is kept in check by the pistol. the pistol can kill quick enough to kill someone with a rocket. the pistol can kill quick enough to stop a rocket. A BR cannot kill quick enough to kill a rocket ( 4bursts is a long time compared to three shots ), and the BR doesnt have the range and accuracy to beat a sniper long range. The assault rifle probably wont kill a shotgun or stop a sniper, but its superier melee and quick camo keeps it useful.

Here is the thing. if people did not start with a pistol, the yes, it would be unbalanced. but since it is the starting weapon, it is not unbalanced. The pistol isnt an automatic 3 shot. it gives you the POSSIBILITY of takling any situation, but its not going to win even 50% close range against a shotty and at long range it probably wont beat a sniper 50%.

sorry for any bad grammar or misspellings
Tric

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject:  

you moron. give it a try and see how it works. If the BR is useless long range then the map design suffers. you wont ever see a map like Hang em High where you can have shootouts across the map at little blurs of other people. its not a matter of coagulation being ruined, its about the level design being restricted by the poorly designed weapons you are given.

ever played a Br and Sniper start on lockout? do people use the BR at all? if they do they only use it to wrap up a kill or in a close range fight. the BR cant kill quick enough and cant reach far enough to be worth a damn in a shootout vs a sniper. the BR is terrible in terms of design.
Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject:  

I agree about everything you said besides what you said about the pistol in Halo 1. My most beloved weapon in Halo 1 was the Assault Rifle, and I am SO glad they're bringing it back in Halo 3.

While there is alot more auto-aim in Halo 2, I refused to use the pistol because it made most other weapons obsolete, and just because it was a starting weapon doesn't mean it is balanced.
sPiN

22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject:  

You keep complaining about how weapons are unbalanced Tric, if you don't like it then don't play the game and wait for halo 3 or something. Or do what I did and play Gears of War, if you want a REALLY skillfull game that is the one for you, no auto aim, realistic shooting if you are off by a little bit you miss. But you'd just find the power weapon in that game and complain about that... Because every game has it's unbalanced power weapon.

Tric

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject:  

Grim04 wrote:
I agree about everything you said besides what you said about the pistol in Halo 1. My most beloved weapon in Halo 1 was the Assault Rifle, and I am SO glad they're bringing it back in Halo 3.

While there is alot more auto-aim in Halo 2, I refused to use the pistol because it made most other weapons obsolete, and just because it was a starting weapon doesn't mean it is balanced.

You refuse to do alot of things. you pretty much refuse to play the game. i dont know why i waste my time on your when you dont play halo for what it is.

Halo wouldnt be balanced if the pistol couldnt kill as quick as it can. it is strong to keep the sniper and rockets in check, which would cause alot of problems if it couldnt. . and the pistol didnt make other weapons obsolete, every weapon has its ups and downs and the pistol is not an exception.

*ADDED*

Each weapon has its place and fills a certain roll in halo1. you need to play halo for what it is and you will find that you use or need a certain weapon in every situation and a pistol wont singlehandedly win you a game.

Last edited by Tric on Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tric

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject:  

You keep complaining about how weapons are unbalanced Tric, if you don't like it then don't play the game and wait for halo 3 or something. Or do what I did and play Gears of War, if you want a REALLY skillfull game that is the one for you, no auto aim, realistic shooting if you are off by a little bit you miss. But you'd just find the power weapon in that game and complain about that... Because every game has it's unbalanced power weapon.

Im not so much complaining as i am informing. i dont play halo2 but i do have much love for the franchise and bungie. i argue this stuff to inform newbs and hopefully to get bungie to realise their own genius they had in halo1.

im not complaining about halo2 having unbalanced power weapons. im complaining that halo2 doesnt have any sort of balance 'all purpose weapon'. Halo2 is a rock paper scissors game when it comes to what weapon beats what.

as for GOW, i have no interest in it, although i hear alot of good things about it. i love the halo community and that is what keeps me with it.

** for further reading as to what is wrong with halo, please read this. it may take a few hours but for the most part it covers everything. the guy is a newb though, i forget what he says but he's a newb and wants some things that are bad for halo. http://nikon.bungie.org/misc/bungie_open_letter.html
Vixen

BNet Acct/Realm: The 'Big Apple'
7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject:  

The Pistol is gay.

And i'm glad it's gone. Most unrealistic piece of crap ever.

"Vixen's also the name of a reindeer"
Tric

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject:  

Vixen wrote:
The Pistol is gay.

And i'm glad it's gone. Most unrealistic piece of crap ever.

wow, stfu. if the pistol looked like a BR, wouldyou complain? no. stfu. go be a newb somewhere else you NOOB. NOOOOOB NOOOOOOOOOB
Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject:  

The pistol kept the sniper in check, but what should have kept the sniper in check was other snipers. Everyone starting out with a weapon that can kill half-way across the map was really annoying.

I still love Halo 1 over Halo 2, because things were more balanced. I refuse to do glitches and things that normally the law of physics would not let happen (except super-jumping on Sanctuary because it almost never helps, but its the most fun super jump and I only do it randomly),
Page 6 of 7 [97 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Jump to: