LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD Trading Section » USEast Non-Ladder
Pc/trading poll
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  

Is one pc thread and separate trade threads a viable option here?
yes
47%
 47%  [ 10 ]
no
42%
 42%  [ 9 ]
I don't care
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 21

chelestra

BNet Acct/Realm: *chelestra, *chelestra_lld
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject:  Pc/trading poll
Subject description: plz take a second to vote plz

Just formulating an opinion base of this forums trading populace. I am actively seeking support for a stickied pc/value thread (lots of common items have value as individual or bulk.) And it seems like the most commonly needed pcs sought are for rares or exceptional jewels. This would help solidify an economic base for useast at least and help newbs know what thier stuff might be worth.

Heres my ISO link
http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?p=189378

Heres my trade Thread
http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26887

And if you feel like doing some price checks for me:
http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26880
don't mind we old people, we'll die eventually.
OSA

BNet Acct/Realm: O-S-A on East NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject:  

I highly doubt it'd be viable. For two reasons

1. The preffix's and suffix's combo's along with extra mods such as eth/repair and sup and sockets, ect. To make a list for all the items and combos would be so long that it'd take forever to make.

2. Most lld items are valued on supply and demand. So it's close to impossible to give an accurate PC.

Not to sound lazy or anything, but I really don't think that the lld community is big enough just yet to give a accurate and wide spred enough list to make any use out of it.

B[x] wrote:
Yeah, I'd nominate Andy for 101's Best Hair award if we had it. I loved running my fingers through it while visiting him.

Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject:  

Like OSA, I also don't think it would be viable. Only the most general items (plain Wrath/Carnage jewels or Life charms) have a set value. Everything else is determined by market forces -- for example, when everyone and their mother were building Conc Barbs, Life/Def charms were sold at outrageous prices. Now that the fad has passed, those prices have regressed back to the norm.
chelestra

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject:  

plz don't take this as a bump, but I hope you both didn't think that I wanted a mod to run it. Thats not really advisable anyways given your duties. All I was thinking of was a single pc thread where everyone posted thier pcs and where people could look in and give thier opinions.
Having it stickied would only make it more easily accessible for everyone.
As for the master list the only types of items I was thinking of establishing set values for are 15 lifers (plain) 10 lifers (plain) 15maxers (plain) 9maxers (plain), etc. Basically the commonly looked for starter gear for most lld folks. I would be happy to author an example and let it run for a week or so as a trial. If it works, great. If not, then lock it, unsticky it and cast me and my idea to oblivion (figurativly I hope).

Again to summarize. ONE pc thread would eliminate lord knows how many new threads every day, would centralize a place to get values from folks, and give everyone a chance to look in and see similar items and guess at the value of thier own equipment. I still think the majority of the items would wind up on thier own thread for trade, but this might help to cut down on spam posting. And I for one can only see that as a good thing.

JJ aka *chelestra

Heres my ISO link

Heres my trade Thread

SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject:  

Unless there is someone, consistently in the loop of both LLD and HLD trading, specifically designated to keep the PCs up to date, this wouldn't work. It'd bee too much work for the effort, and the work wouldn't be totally accurate anyway, to begin with. The closest thing I could see to this working is making a sticky with the general items that could be useful and the "if's" of LLD that you could get PC'd, but even this would be somewhat difficult to maintain with a consistent degree of accuracy on ladder, since the prices are regularly fluctuating.

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

BNet Acct/Realm: OutlawHeaven/OutlawHvn @USEast@Azeroth@AIM
12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject:  

I remember this exact same situation being asked before, and here were the results:

Captain Crunch wrote:
lld101 cant really mandate a change in prices...that's up to whoever is trading to decide.

Knarl wrote:
Yeah, what can we do? Put in a rule stating how much you have to trade your items for? Close threads that don't sell for the mandated ratio?

Your point may be valid, but it's up to the individual trader to decide what he will sell and buy for, not the site he does the trading on.

VoicesLLD wrote:
you can agree on anything you want in a trade. but we are not going to put anything in writting on the site that states ratios. thats up to the traders to decide and accept.

As for my own opinion, the market is strictly based on suppy and demand. Sure some, and many items retain their value no matter how much the market fluxuates, however we really can't put a set ratio of what is equal to what. Depending on how many of X item is selling, and how many people want said item, a piece of equipment can have either a very low or very high value.

These forums, although the number 1 lld trading site around, isn't very popular as to say, other hld trading sites. The PC, ISO, and FT threads just don't come in fast enough to even warrant something like this. Most people who have lld items, already know the value of it, or the general range, save a few rare, oddball items. Aside from that, the value of the simple things are already common knowledge, and if a newbie just so happens to want to know prices, the learning curve is extremely easy, nor is it hard or time consuming to create a PC thread.

That ends my rant. I'm multitasking like four things right now, so sorry if some of this is incohernet blabbing from another topic, or something.

Squirlz

BNet Acct/Realm: US East
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject:  

its not like HLD items which are mostly uniques and runewords which have max stats and posted stats. LLD items are soooo here or there that one stat can throw a whole item off. we all know what the basics go for and all the other items is "how bad do you want it". so there is no way anyone could posibly list all the lld items or a current value. its not like uniques which anyone can come across is a relitvly short period. i say "NO" and because no use, too many variables.
OSA

BNet Acct/Realm: O-S-A on East NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject:  

You're more then welcome to PM me or one of the mods with the list. I'd actually like to see a rough draft of what you mean. Even if we don't think it's the best idea, we're always open to them.

B[x] wrote:
Yeah, I'd nominate Andy for 101's Best Hair award if we had it. I loved running my fingers through it while visiting him.

Zod-1337

BNet Acct/Realm: (Not activily on bnet)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject:  

hmm if not make a PC thread like this, what about a general thread..

That would contain the majority of comon items

So atleast the newer LLD people would know what they are.
This in turn would keep one or two people from constantly updating and spending countless hours pc'ing things.

For instance post:

lvl 18 req jewels (plain maxors):
- 15 maxor
- 16 maxor
- 17 maxor
- 18 maxor
- 19 maxor
- 20 maxor

** Secondary mods people look for on these jewels:
+ def
+ ed (20)
+ ar (max 60)
etc

I have a list like this for the most part, done.
Not finished yet, but the idea of it would show newer members what IS used vs what isn't used.
And would cut down on ALOT of non-needed pc's

http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?p=335548
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger 
chelestra

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject:  

thats a great idea zod, not setting value to anything just stating what IS sought after for various items and lvls. I think this type of thing could and should be incorporated into the pc thread idea.

Heres my ISO link

Heres my trade Thread

Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
 Forum index » LLD Trading Section » USEast Non-Ladder
Jump to: