LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 21, 2024 8:20 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
where does your nick come from?
Page 1 of 4 [50 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
heprea
pokemon fanatic

BNet Acct/Realm: europe laddars
8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject:  where does your nick come from?
Subject description: yea thats right! im bored :|

yeah tell me your nicknames wonderfull/interesting story eh? i mean the nick in here @lld101 and if start feeling that your getting urself really fired why not tell about your other nicknames?

as the creator ill tell my nickname wonderful story!

it all started in a cold and dark night, i was sitting on my comp desk and surfing in the intarwebs, then suddenly i decided to make e-mail account! Immidietly i whent to these "E-mail" sites and deciede to make account into this cool site called "yahoo". Now the hard spot comes i had to create accoutn name... hmmm really hard! well after some time i decided very cool name and decieded to use it BUUTT!! when i clicked "agree" button.. MY COOL ACCOUNT NAME WAS IN USE!!! AWWW I WAS FUSTARATED!!!! well after that i calmed down and decided to use anither cool name but.. IT WAS IN USE ALRADY AAAARRRRGRGRGRG, after this happened ~5 times i decided to use name ugly name, name that no one would ever want to use, it came to my mind.. the word heprea.. an really ugly and uncool name! THAT WAS IT ILL USE IT! and so now iv never had problems in making accounts with the same name.

(ps. im sorry that there are lots of mistakes in my text but hopefully some1 will translate it to porper english ^^; )

Shademehr

BNet Acct/Realm: GONE to D2JSP. I know, good riddance, right? LOL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: where does your nick come from?

heprea wrote:
(ps. im sorry that there are lots of mistakes in my text but hopefully some1 will translate it to porper english ^^; )

You did just fine. Wink

Mine came from a Pen and Paper rpg called "Dungeons and Dragons" from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when I was a "kid". I thought it would make a groovy surname for an elvish family. My first character who had it was Janzen Shademehr, an elvish archer.

Ahhhh...good times. We had a gaming group of about 7 people which made for loads of fun. We'd get together on a night during the weekend and play rpg's and eat Bigfoot pizza's from Pizza Hut (any one remember those? They were rectangular-shaped pizzas with 3 rows of slices.)

Fortunately, it's never in use ANYWHERE so I'm always able to get it when I sign up for things.

Now everyone just calls me "Shade".

Spazz
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject:  

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, one of the turtles said it when some guy came on the tv "Look at this Spazzmatic" or something, and I thought Spazz was sweet.. so yoink.

I didn't really know what it meant.

Account: -=-Spazz-=-
Realm: USEast
Characters:
Carousel - 57 Trap Assassin MLD

heprea
pokemon fanatic

8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject:  

heh cool :D

Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: where does your nick come from?

Shademehr wrote:

Mine came from a Pen and Paper rpg called "Dungeons and Dragons" from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when I was a "kid". I thought it would make a groovy surname for an elvish family. My first character who had it was Janzen Shademehr, an elvish archer.

You gigantic nerd. My first experience with D&D was before they had AD&D. It was just... D&D. Back when there were only seven classes: Fighter, Cleric, Magic-User, Thief, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling. (The first four were human.)

My name came from my Diablo 1 Sorcerer. I was playing around with name ideas, and I decided that "Dao" had a good ring to it. (Despite common misperceptions, I didn't get "Dao" from the religion. Rather, it came from... the D&D monsters named "Dao". A type of fire elemental, I think. Maybe earth?) I think "Dao" was taken, though, and in a moment of tepid inspiration I appended "Jones" to it, and the rest is history.

My internet handles before that were... less inspired. I'd share a few, but a quick google of those handles results in you all getting access to my... embarassing nerdy past, back when the internet was just the usenet, and all we did was post in alt. newsgroups. I didn't even remember half of the stuff I had posted way back in the day until an old friend showed me that all of that crap is archived out there. (Apparently I was a fan of the TV show "Lois & Clark", although for the life of me I can't remember ever liking that crappy show.)

The internet remembers. Shocked

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject:  

I got my aka from when I used to play sc. I played a simi popular ums game known as snipers, and back then the best person, (in my opinion) was Nyte)IGGY(Ryda, and he taught me a bunch of tricks on that map, then he started calling me Imp, so I switched my accnt from SquattingDog to Imp. Been Imp ever since.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject:  

Back in cub scouts we played Ultimate frisbee, and everyone got a nickname at the end of the year. Mine happened to be named Death Thrower because I could throw it hard, fast, and actually pretty accurate (in straight lines Cool). Well we all started calling each other the nick names, mine started out being shrunk to plain ol Death, then someone called me Grim Reaper and Grim just stuck. Other names were Stretch Armstrong (one of my friends was short, but I swear he could stretch and reach the curb [we played Ultimate in the street] from a good distance away), then there was Goofy, and finally Cry Baby (He cried during one game he got hit in the face when I threw it... and never lived it down.).

Yep, I've had the name Grim for the better part of my life... going on 11 years now. I name most of my characters from D2 to old names I used in DnD (AD&D back then). Shinare (White Robed Mage), Rinoa (Rogue), Carl Reaper (Knight), Arpad (Fighter/Thief, actually my friend's character but I still use the name) and Mirage (Red Robe) [The colored robes are from the Dragonlance campaign setting, if anyone is somewhat familiar with that they'd recognize my account name *grim_ofkrynn.].
heprea
pokemon fanatic

8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject:  

Imp wrote:
I got my aka from when I used to play sc. I played a simi popular ums game known as snipers, and back then the best person, (in my opinion) was Nyte)IGGY(Ryda, and he taught me a bunch of tricks on that map, then he started calling me Imp, so I switched my accnt from SquattingDog to Imp. Been Imp ever since.

the name squattingdog was pretty hilarious :)

Spazz
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject:  

Dao, someone told me it was suppose to be "DOW JONES" like the stock market..

I was pronouncing it "Day-oh Jones" in my head, not really thinking of it.. said it on ventirlo and someone was like "You mean DOW?" and then I was like Neutral

Account: -=-Spazz-=-
Realm: USEast
Characters:
Carousel - 57 Trap Assassin MLD

Ras

BNet Acct/Realm: *Rasmaren / EscNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject:  

Yeah, when I saw Dao's name my first initial thought was: "Oh, clever name there Jonesie," and immediately made an image of you in my head that every accountant in the US could relate to. But alas that reality is not the case. I actually just recently coined the name Ras. I derived it from the Egyptian God Ra and then made it Rasmaren for my D2 account name. But I've been known as Shizni for a good deal of time and some of my friends back in my hometown still call me that.

Shizni was from when a big group of us high-schoolers (7 years ago now I think) went bowling after school one day. We all made up funny names for ourselves on the computer-scoring thingy as many people do. Because I was known for my inexplicable liking of rap music back then, my friends put up the name "Da Shiznit" for me. Da Shizni showed up because it only allowed 9 characters to be seen and I was henceforth known as Shizni.

I have gone under other names such as Xel (face to face RPG called Amber) and made the name Mediocrity for my tag on Halo 2. I think I like Ras the best though.

Shademehr

BNet Acct/Realm: GONE to D2JSP. I know, good riddance, right? LOL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: where does your nick come from?

Dao Jones wrote:
You gigantic nerd.

And don't you forget it!

Btw, I too played BASIC d&d. Very Happy

Kody

0.03 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject:  

such nice cute stories lol unfortanetly i dont have a nickname ><. all though in elementary school people kinda sorta made fun of me cause my last name was foley and thier was a derpartment store called foleys and they had occasionaly foleys red apple sell so yall put one in one together =)

B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject:  

Most people call me Santino. It's my last name. Nothing fancy.

[Important Links]
Ras

BNet Acct/Realm: *Rasmaren / EscNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject:  

Oh come on. What about B[x]? I am guessing it has something to do with your engineering studies.

Virtuous

BNet Acct/Realm: *Vanished
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject:  

I like the letter, "V."

It's my favorite letter.

And I love words with two, "U"'s, in them.

But I love V since it has 2 sides, and 2 lines, and forms a double ray angle.

Page 1 of 4 [50 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: