LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:37 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
What is your favorite... Casters or Fighters
Page 2 of 3 [37 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next

Which do you prefer?
Casters
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Meleers
71%
 71%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 14

Spazz
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject:  

It's truely amazing how angry I get at dumbasses.

Account: -=-Spazz-=-
Realm: USEast
Characters:
Carousel - 57 Trap Assassin MLD

Vudoo35

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject:  

casters own in lld so...no point in sayin anything. lol.

we all know it.

"I didn't Play to Loose"

"Challenge Everything"
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Lol  

Yahiko wrote:
That seems like someone crying Wink w.e. I have a problem tanking ele druids tho wit my New hammerdin. i just cast run a lil bit so they chase me, then my hammers hit them and hurt them a bit. I still need 2 master these freakin hammers. I'll get used to it. just a note I LOVE CASTERS, and Knarl agrees! hehe

anyone who doesnt know that you let the hammerdin come to you is a fool, and deserves to be killed.

Spazz

0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:07 am    Post subject:  

I run in and whack away, screw waiting..

Characters:

Yahiko

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject: I don't mind  

What eva. Well this is about which is your favorite, not bashing other people. so lets get back 2 the topic
Spazz

0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject:  

"Cmon dude, I don't just cast and run, sooo lame, i would love 2 tank u. lol mayb if we meet, but i dunno, my hammerdin (my first) lld is pretty good, even tho he is only level 29 when 30 is max for caster.

Bring it spazz "

Who bashed who?

Characters:

VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject:  

who cares who bashed who, the petty rivalries you have spazz dont matter, get back on topic.

Spazz

0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject:  

lmao?

why do I end up being the bad guy here? that dudes the hypocrit..

Characters:

Yahiko

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: Well  

What makes Meleers better than casters?

I'm sure just sitting there and whacking someone in the face is fun. But IMO i like getting a generally weaker defence character, and tanking a barb, or pali.

Spazz

0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject:  

or perhaps you just can't manage a good melee..

Characters:

JesterofHell

Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject:  

Personally im split between the two, I enjoy playing both types for the variety and fun Very Happy

Well, some Pros on casters are;

Easy to make and remake(lvling and quest wise)

Easy to get gear and charms for(well, easier than for melee, i restarted d2 not too recently, and ive got 3 casters already, no melee, that should give a good idea of what i mean)

Fun to Duel with(you can either run or tank depending on your style, i like tanking high lvl pubbies, its fun Very Happy "Wow, how do you that much dmg with foh at that lvl?!?!" "This guy must hack, how the f**k can blizz be killing me whens hes just lvl 30!!!")

Can be a powerful dueler if built correctly

Has a better chance to beat someone better equipped(ie: duels rely more on skill, whereas in melee, if someone has better max dmg charms and max dmg gear, and they have a better weap then you, most likely a loss will follow)

Some cons are;

Most caster builds can be easily negated if enough res is stacked(with exception to necros and hammerdins)

Most caster builds are more specific in who they can beat and cannot(ie: my fb sorc will most likely NOT be beating a necro, due to the fact that bs is guided, and im spending my time aiming at an ever moving necro) whereas melee chars that are well built have more of a chance all around

Basically players new to llding are at a disadvantage(but this is a global con shared by both melee and casters) Though caster gear can usually be easily traded for, the specialized items such as good charms with 15life /12 mana ,Gcs with 40+mana and frw or fhr, and a +2 (whatever caster skill, p&b, fire, cold ) circlet with some fcr and other mods can be a real bitch to find(i think weve all been through this when trying to perfect caster builds further)

-See melee PRO about running, i realized this con when i was writing up melee (not that much of a con, its just sometimes those pubbies annoy me all the way back to hell)

Well now for the melee;

The Pros are;

Easy to make and remake(lvling and quest wise)

Exceptional fun to just stand your ground outside town(not town guarding, just taking an offensive stance Very Happy) and simply dispatch of all would be dispatchers... sitting there calmly as others try time after time to take you down(im talking pubbies here,actual llders dueling would most likely not go like this, i miss my 09 melee chars...) (Casters sit outside of town and tank as well, but the odds of them doing this as effectively as a melee char can is not high.

I do agree with Spazz, the random element is actually a nice factor in melee if you ask me, gives an excuse to have duel after duel... "damn, you got the first zeal hit in, lets try again.." "WTF?!? I won the last eight duels... how the hell did you win that time... again?"

I dont like running much, melees dont run that often, unless chasing, this for me is a pro... just stand still and kill Very Happy Thats prolly why i like tanking so much with my casters Smile But against good llds i can rarely do this... and plus, you dont have to suffer the ever present rebuttable after dueling and beating someone with your caster( most time beating a melee char, ranged chars actually UNDERSTAND what im saying) " wtf! your such a pussy.... all you do is run, stand still so i can hit you...noob..."
Jesters usual response--->(due to the fact the majority of those who complain are mid lvl to high lvl melees that i own with a lvl 30, im not usually going out of the way to be polite to lld game crashers) "Well, if maybe you were a lower lvl and not capable of killing me in one WW(fury hit, zeal hit... whatever) id stand still and tank you, but anyway, im a ranged character you idiot, you expect me to stand still while you just ww back and forth through me.... good job"

---Sorry for the length on this one, but i swear this is a PRO for melee and somewhat of a CON for casters... some people can really drive me insane sometimes... "Stop Running Pussy!!!!" -NOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Much more fun to have team duels loaded with melee chars instead of casters(casters arent as much fun, and some arent meant for team dueling... ie: a necro could just camp in a corner spamming bs and running away as he gets approached, considering other teammates will be preoccupying the enemy, necros would just be a dmg beacon( a damn good one at that, which seems unfair to me, same as a bowzon just camping and spamming Guided) This is why melee is better for team dueling, its more fun when everyone is just going crazy in a huge frenzy of swords, picks, claws, axes... you know what im getting at Very Happy

Now for the cons;

Can be pretty hard and expensive to get the right gear to make an effective and competent melee(basically one that can stand against of few fellow llds, and im yet to have a melee yet, wish me luck) Especially for those just starting or just learning and building llds... a wicked melee build can be far off(very far off, =/ any donations towards Jesters first melee build???) because of the expense and difficulty in finding good max dmg charms, jewels and gear.

Melee really does rely on gear; if youve got the decent or average max dmg charms and gear, and your opponent has good or great max dmg charms and gear.... whos most likely to win... this can be very annoying, especially if your build is good as is, and poverty just limits the build due to the growing expense of lld items.

Melee duels are pretty random, though i did pit this in PROS(its a pro for some, for others they find this to be a con) Sometimes even if you do have the better gear and charms, sometimes the way dmg modifiers and such play out (theres quite a few elements playing around when your meleeing, just like most else) and how much dmg gets chosen to be done at which times can be very random, and some people can find this annoying

Sometimes just standing still can be boring, even if dueling, thats why i like how casters can be effective either still or evading and escaping. Standing in the same spot not moving at all, well barely, can grow tiresome as can constantly clicking the mouse button repeating the same movement ( if find i can duel longer with casters without getting bored, back in 09 id get tired pretty fast in the pubbie games, lld games are different, more competition, more fun)..

Well, those are the PROS and CONS for melee and casters as I see them;

Agreements and Disagreements are welcomed Very Happy

Thanks,

Jester of Hell

The Lighter Side of Evil.... (or am i the darker side of good....?!?)
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject:  

hey jester, you got a foh'er? think you could pass some info along my way as to how to make one, never have before but id like to.

Yahiko

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: foh eh?  

Hey i love casters 2, listen, fohers only need a lil fcr if any because they don't really caster faster. get life, mana, and high foh, conviction, and holy shock. this means u need alot of +1 to skill stuff. to make conviction and foh high as possible.

Gear:
-Helm: peasents (pruby or shael)
-Armor: Viper Magi (pruby or shael)
-Belt: String for damage reduce
-Boots: Inferno for the max fire resist
-Rings: Sojs for mana and stills
-Ammy: Either + to pali combat skillz or eye, or telling of beads
-Shield: Combat skill upgrade pali shield (for more skillz in foh)
-Weapon: Not sure go with the typical foh weapon (+ to foh, convict, or holy shock, which eva)

Now just build him, go into lld games, and pick on lame necros. But be warned bone prison is a B****. aight?

I may make a meleer but i only really got caster stuff Embarassed so i am gonna try to get max damage stuff. but since i got like 3 +8 to max damage jewels, a lvl 9 blade talons wit ed i'm just gonna make a level 9 for the fun.

Hey someone help him with what skills he should build, i'm way 2 lazy

VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject:  

i thought foh'ers needed lower res aura...

Yahiko

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: what do you mean?  

Conviction (lvl 30 required) reduces resistances
Page 2 of 3 [37 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: