LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:12 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » News and Events
Cash mod installed
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 2 of 3 [43 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Zod-1337

BNet Acct/Realm: (Not activily on bnet)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject:  

hmm ideas on fg..

-Setup a lld101 mule, that collects good or better lld gear, that can be given away on tournies to winners.
those who donate to the mules, will be given fg for it.

-setup topic areas other than trading zones
that will give fg (from mods/admins) for improving the site.
such as posting guides, that are good.
(if you were able to make a sub forum in one of the areas for just those guides that were picked "good ones" they could be placed in there, for easy refrence, for members.

-winner of tournies can possibly gain fg.

-members who are active in non spaming type topics, that benifit the site, should be rewarded in some way.

things like that? i dunno i'm tired, tell me what you think, feed back is good on trying to figure out these situations.

http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?p=335548
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger 
Supreme1012

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast Ladder *Supreme1012 *BSPwndu
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject:  

Knifer wrote:
just click on someones profile (bx has 7)

or you can go to memberlist and list them by amount of pennies

Pennies lol. I hope that gets changed b/c Im gunna feel retarded offering 10 pennies for someones ebotz.

LordPat

BNet Acct/Realm: Tristram
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject:  

I am so against this I dont even know where to start without sounding like a babling retard. I'll start with some of the point's made and my opinion's on them.
Does anyone see where this is going...
Hm....

JSP...
DTrades...
Scams...
Multiple Accts...
Lucrative Currency...
Site Owned...
Quote:

I cant see(and I hope to god) the 101 FG taking off realy, exspecially to the lvl of jsp. Second- about the scamming, I trust the people on this site alot. I feel that the low lvl dueling community is tight-knit and kind and I would trust a total stranger lld over any high lvl dueler trying to make a trade with me any day. I feel that we will be giving low level dueler's a huge chance to realy jack people and taint our community with greed by using FG. Alot of the people on this site are not dedicated to low lvl dueling like some of us are, and that's fine but they will not see it so bad as to just screw over 1 low level dueler and never come to this site again. I would be devestaded if I were to lose a lld item I wanted to trade as where if(and I have) were to lose a high lvl item I just shrug it off.

Dtrades gives FG based on post count which gives people a bigger reason to post random crap and get rewarded for posting so more FG = less value to the FG

Having FG based on this method, is just retarded. I trust you guy's enough no to do this.

on JSP you can only obtain FG by either buying it with money or trading it which is a much better method making FG on that site an actual currency and therefore with less FG in the system it increases the value and worth of it especially when there are certain E-prizes and rewards you can obtain.

This would be the way to go. This also turn this free website into a not free website(Stating the odbvious). I also think that we would need waaay more people in order to make this work. We have what 2k maybe 3k people signed up on this website now and about 300 of then actually look through the trading forums once or twice a day and about another 100 who actually check it multiple times at day. I dont think that is nearly enough for this to work. I feel that people are going to not want FG for starters(I hope no one want's it) Lowering the value of fg instantly. Second the people who do have it or want it are going to have trouble getting/recieving with the other select people who want/have.(If im getting realy repedative it's because im so damn tired). I'll move on to the next.

[/quote]l337h4x0rz wrote:
it would be better if the moderators or someone would reward people for their posts/comments and remove FG for any random crap they decide to post.
[/quote]

This would of course start the spamming. The suggestions were to reward people with detailed guides and descriptions of bug's. To me this would result in about 3000 guides of how to make a lvl 9 ts sin and another 8000 on how to make a lvl 18 zealot(1000 of each being mine)

l337h4x0rz wrote:
It would also be better if Zharous installed the "Disable post count increase" mod which would actually control the amount of FG spam posts which people would make just for gold I think only enabling post count to increase in certain sections like discussion forums then adjusting the FG to a small increase per post would be excellent and also punishing people by taking away gold would also be a big help.

I'm not sure if that mod is installed. However, if we were to base FG on the amount of posts users make, two things can be done to prevent spamming:

Disable the Cash Mod for specific forums like the Fire Pit.
Disable earnings after X number of posts made in a time frame of Y duration.
Manually reduce the amount of FG a user has (negative numbers can be achieved).

Quote:

(I'll go at this one when I can understand it tomorrow after a good night of sleep)

just have more tournaments and other things of the like and reward the players. doing with guides or posts would generate too much spam. if there actually is going to be a moderating team giving it out based on posts, it would take quite a lot of work to go through all of them and would be subjective.

still, its going to be hard to get people to actually want gold over something they actually have in their inventory.
Quote:

As far as tounrament's go it's just going to be the same people wining them over and over, look at the vlld ladder on ladder, there are like 3 people posted for duels. Maybe if we classified duelers by how good there gear is this could work out. Such as the plain 9 maxer's vlld ladder ladder, and same with the plain 15 maxer's ladder. but then we would also have to look at the person's charm's etc.

still, its going to be hard to get people to actually want gold over something they actually have in their inventory.Quote:

I have been working on my lvl for about 6 month's now and she is getting very good now and there is no amount of FG or hr's I would trade her for. Exspecially FG!

Im done for tonight I'll edit this tomorrow. Please excuse any spelling error's, repeditiveness, and all the comma's I used that I dont think I needed.

I am hereby starting the LLD101 FG RESISTANCE!!!(Read through this carefully I just realized I have NO CLUE how to quote and I think I quoted myself 90% of the time!!)

Iso:15 life/ar lcs,15life/mana lc's!!!!!(REaly need these!!!), +3 stat vlld rings(2/1 etc..70+ AR), 15+ ed/25+ar/dtm or mana jewels, 9+max/(One of the following) Dtm, ar or mana/-req jewels. All of this must be lvl 9 req or under.
Accounts:
*LordPat.<<<Dont forget that period!
*LordPat

Rjg said:Did you know 83% of statistics are made up?
NightWish

BNet Acct/Realm: Not telling
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject:  

um...thats a big post... well...im sure its possible to make it so that you cant gain FG in certin places, but as for that other stuff you said...um..yea...huh?

Visual Tactics
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: West NL
47.69 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject:  

Yea, I kind of agree with Lordpat on some of those points. I just don't see the point of FG for this site. I don't think there are enough people to make this work properly. Also, many people want only there ISO or will trade their godlies for their ISO, having FG would just be another currency but I don't think too many people would like it cause of only wanthing their ISO etc.
I do not see anything wrong with our current trading, so why try and bring FG in? I would take a while to set up and moderate and would add alot more things for mods.

I do think that it would be not bad idea for bewteen realm trading because then you would have the same currency.

I just don't see what is the need to implement Fg is.

B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject:  

Visual Tactics wrote:
I just don't see what is the need to implement Fg is.

To be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of it either. I won't list my points since Pat seemed to cover most of them. Awhile ago there was this whole big demand for it which is why the mod was installed. We'll probably run a poll to gauge user interest. As of right now I'm having some trouble implementing the cash mod anyway so it's no huge issue as of yet.

[Important Links]
Supreme1012

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject:  

LordPat wrote:
As far as tounrament's go it's just going to be the same people wining them over and over, look at the vlld ladder on ladder, there are like 3 people posted for duels. Maybe if we classified duelers by how good there gear is this could work out. Such as the plain 9 maxer's vlld ladder ladder, and same with the plain 15 maxer's ladder. but then we would also have to look at the person's charm's etc.

I understand your point but your not using any creativity at all. You could have reg tourneys and also ironman tourneys to make it based on skill and creativity more than gear. Maybe rotate the realm for the iron mans, but since its a new char anyone can just make a new account on the raelm the iron man is on. Or you could have set item only duels, or duels with no charms, or rare items only, etc. and so on. Or have two identical chars set up on 2 diff accounts and have them duel each other. Also you could set up a betting system or where someone could challenge the other player for a certain amount of fg. There are many other things you could do, but Im tired also so Ill mention some more tomorrow or something.

EDIT: How about instead of fg for trading. We make it fg for dueling? Not sure if itd work and I can already think of tons of flaws but it was a thought I just had and I thought Id throw it out there.

Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject:  

But what about the dedicated LLDers that don't participate in LLD101 sponsored events (like Arena) but still LLD, contribute, and trade?

Like me and skulls just to name a few, he trades/LLDs/contributes but he hasn't joined Arena yet. If suddenly people wanted FG that'd leave him more or less out of the running.
Same would go for me, and a bet a bunch of other people that go here.
Knifer

BNet Acct/Realm: Hawaii/Oregon
1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject:  

Supreme1012 wrote:

EDIT: How about instead of fg for trading. We make it fg for dueling? Not sure if itd work and I can already think of tons of flaws but it was a thought I just had and I thought Id throw it out there.

actually i think this is a great idea. if the forum gold for trading doesnt work out, we could use it as a sort of point system to determine the level of duelers out there. rather than have post count reflect someones status to a new member, it would be a # to gauge the skill of the user. all the active members could start with a set amount and wager it in a duel against someone else. thered be a big problem if no one dueled though.

if it does become like d2jsp and you can buy forum gold, it would become nothing more than another way for people to ebay their way in.

Chronotrigger

BNet Acct/Realm: ladder east/Florida
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject:  

so not liking this
i think the the $$ system should be only rewards from turnys and nothing els. i see this the only good way to give fg. theres just to many negetives Confused
heprea
pokemon fanatic

BNet Acct/Realm: europe laddars
8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject:  

Chronotrigger wrote:
so not liking this
i think the the $$ system should be only rewards from turnys and nothing els. i see this the only good way to give fg. theres just to many negetives :?

not much tourneys @ europe

Supreme1012

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject:  

heprea wrote:
not much tourneys @ europe

well then maybe this will be incentive to start some and if not then you could participate in some iron man competitions. Itd be based on highest points for each realm when giving out prizes Id think so even if you dont have alot of duelers in your realm you could do iron mans and end up getting the highest amount of fg b/c u participated in something lld101 related. I see some of the flaws you do too, like not enough participation but I think it could still work. Duels could be paired based on fg also so that new duelers wouldnt be set up against the best dueler in the realm but against other new low fg duelers. Kind of making this a point and duel rating system. Let me know if you think this is a good system or not, Im not sure yet whether I even want anything at all, but Im sure a dueling rating fg would be better than a post count fg.

ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject:  

I think we should be able to buy things like coloured names and post titles with the fg just to get some demand created for it. Thats if the forum can support it at all.

I also like the duel-for-gold idea. However with there being less Europe members our tournies would get old pretty fast. And with no Europe mods it might be more open to cheating than the other realms.
Virtuous

BNet Acct/Realm: *Vanished
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject:  

As to an getting the forum gold circulated, I say:

1. Take a standard currency item such as a 15 lifer.
2. Set an amount of FG for it.
3. Make a Bank account, with 1 treasurer, whom knows the password, someone inconspicuous (like me).
4. Then for every 15 lifer that is donated into the system (the mule account) give them "x" amount of FG.
5. This should be refundable at any time, thus keeping the value.

Just an idea. . .

ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject:  

Price fixing NEVER works, you need to let the price be determined by supply/demand.

What we need is somthing to increase the demand for fg and a way of dishing it out.
Page 2 of 3 [43 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » News and Events
Jump to: