LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed May 22, 2024 9:34 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
WFG-Dude's CS Zon Guide (Lvl 30)
Page 2 of 3 [42 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
fu8ar

BNet Acct/Realm: RestInPieces W/Sc/L AgelessWanderer E/Sc/L
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject:  

waramp wrote:
my hld uses the 52% bp (highlord, 3/20 gloves, tstrokes) and i do fine. i think your 52% bp setup sounds like the best middle ground

Well, I just tested all three setups vs a nice fanat using smiter. The only setup that won was the 52ias bp. The others would come just shy of 1 hit from finishing the job. Now, I just need to figure out what to put in my sigs shield. Any suggestions?

@ Dude, I did add that into play in my post above.

fu8ar wrote:
So, you see thats a drop of 300 total max dmg per bolt and loosing a extra bolt as well so another 1.6k max dmg lost between using the last ias bp or just using the first ias bp. I shoot 8 bolts with the 30ias setup.

RETIRED FROM D2LOD

Otto von Bismark wrote:
Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made.

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject:  

my smiter is still 2-0 on you in ft5's Razz too bad i disassembled him so you'll never know.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
fu8ar

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject:  

waramp wrote:
my smiter is still 2-0 on you in ft5's Razz too bad i disassembled him so you'll never know.

You still have all the gear? If so get him setup Very Happy. I'll pk you Shocked , maybe Crying or Very sad .

RETIRED FROM D2LOD

Otto von Bismark wrote:

wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject:  

fu8ar wrote:
Now, I just need to figure out what to put in my sigs shield. Any suggestions?

-req/stat of course! if you have to choose between str and dex...choose dex since zons need more dex than other chars.

Keep Peace/2jav gloves in your stash for sorcy duels...so you can 1 hit them and watch em cry! I love 1-2 hitting a sorc with a lld cs zon... it's priceless to watch the spam afterward. In fact vs. just about any class other than speedy melee... skills > speed.

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
fu8ar

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject:  

wfg-dude wrote:
fu8ar wrote:
Now, I just need to figure out what to put in my sigs shield. Any suggestions?

-req/stat of course! if you have to choose between str and dex...choose dex since zons need more dex than other chars.

Keep Peace/2jav gloves in your stash for sorcy duels...so you can 1 hit them and watch em cry! I love 1-2 hitting a sorc with a lld cs zon... it's priceless to watch the spam afterward. In fact vs. just about any class other than speedy melee... skills > speed.

The setup I use is the 2java 10ias gloves, bladebuckle, twitch, sanders, sigs shield. My twitch is sheal'd and so is one of my pcrowns. I'm just going to do the 52ias bp for know. Also, I will keep peace in stash as well as grim rhyme shield. My gloves give my half freeze so its not that bad for me and I only use the rhyme when I need a lil extra resistances. But, with my stats at their current place of 54str/57dex. I need to remake again and place more points into life. At the current moment I'm using a sheal'd sigs shield because with twitch sanders and bladebuckle I have the str needed to use it. But, when I remake I will throw my 8dex/-15 jewel in a new one.

RETIRED FROM D2LOD

Otto von Bismark wrote:

HiV.Positive

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject:  

uhm i also found out that
deaths belt/glvs=sexy 15res 30ias i use it in zvz sometimes
just my imput
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject:  

RANDOM BUMP!!

im making a cs zon (as stevie knows). i like the idea of the 52% ias bp i think. here's what im looking at right now:
GEAR
pcrown with pruby
1 zon, 15 life, 33 light res, 40 fire res, half freeze ammy (needs fixin)
2/30 javs atm (4/30 eventually/hopefully)
twitch with pruby/shael Question (peace in stash for certain duels perhaps, and a vmagi for res)
sigon with -req/res jewel Question (rhyme in stash for cold sorcs)
2/10 gauntlets with +1 str and 29 cold res
15/15 soe
sanders
2x sojs

SKILLS
1 in dodge
max cs
max light bolt
rest in power strike

so with twitch i'll never hit 8 bolts, but i think i'll sacrifice it for 52 ias. i think im lacking fhr though, think the 32 fhr bp is enough? or would a shael in place of a pruby be worth it? also, whats the deal with my sigon?! haha, i have so many potential armor/shield combos, its driving me insane... i like having just 1 gear setup regardless of who im dueling

MortisNostre
LoPF

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject:  

If you plan to use twitch and peace/viper then you cant build around twitch's stats/blocking. I agree 52 ias is the way to go, however, i would just stick with a twitch and make up res using charms. Id also just use rhyme all the time. Once you upgrade your javs you really wont miss the +1 skill. Try to find lighter gloves. Wearing twitch, you can get away with almost base strength (using light gloves, rhyme bone, maiden javs), and minimal dex expenditure, allowing for high life (mine breaks 1400).

i prubied everything, so i dont know how much a higher fhr bp will help, but i will say, having such high life sure looks pretty.

wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject:  

MortisNostre wrote:
If you plan to use twitch and peace/viper then you cant build around twitch's stats/blocking. I agree 52 ias is the way to go, however, i would just stick with a twitch and make up res using charms. Id also just use rhyme all the time. Once you upgrade your javs you really wont miss the +1 skill. Try to find lighter gloves. Wearing twitch, you can get away with almost base strength (using light gloves, rhyme bone, maiden javs), and minimal dex expenditure, allowing for high life (mine breaks 1400).

i prubied everything, so i dont know how much a higher fhr bp will help, but i will say, having such high life sure looks pretty.

after making my first cs'er I can say that prubies almost always win unless you find perf jewels that = more life than 38. The only problem with using gawdly jools on your 1st or 2nd make is taht sometimes u find better helms or something and u want to resocket it...

Stick with prubies ftw! I told warren to get dtm for vs. high life chars like mld barbs but honestly the more I think about it... the more I like rhyme all the time.

HFD on that ammy is a good deal but if u use rhyme all the time then use higher stat/life ammy.

I'd also go peace/deaths set for the ias bp and sacrifice 2 skills on the glove for now especially since your reqs are hi on the gloves.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject:  

yah i'll keep looking for gloves, and use rhyme all the time i think. like i said, i hate swapping gear depending on who im dueling, so twitch and rhyme ftw. now to upgrade my gloves, ammy and javs!

edit: as for fhr, a shael would cost me 38 hp while a gc would cost me 45 hp (to get 32% fhr) so i might just keep a shaeled pcrown and shaeled twitch in stash for when fhr > life

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject:  

how useful is the maiden spear on switch? did anyone actually use it that much? because it'll be my heaviest item, even with 1 hel in it (i need 125 ias, and im using 10 ias gloves and twitch).

so im wondering if i should spend the extra 11 or so str to use it on switch, or if its not really worth it. i dunno what else i'd put on switch though

wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject:  

Waramp wrote:
how useful is the maiden spear on switch? did anyone actually use it that much? because it'll be my heaviest item, even with 1 hel in it (i need 125 ias, and im using 10 ias gloves and twitch).

so im wondering if i should spend the extra 11 or so str to use it on switch, or if its not really worth it. i dunno what else i'd put on switch though

I never put anything on switch... but its not a bad idea to have something ranged instead of another up close weapon. A bow or even some pots for the ranged attacks. Wasn't it you that said you always wanted a throw pot barb? lol

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject:  

double-throw/find-potion barb. unstoppable if build right. sadly i just have never been able to build it right Sad i guess i can sacrifice a bit of str since my final stats will be something like 44 str and 65 dex

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject:  

possibly last question. how are cs zons on mana? someone on jsp has a pretty sick ammy with like 86 mana on it, but no resists... is that mana going to be tres helpful?

wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject:  

Waramp wrote:
possibly last question. how are cs zons on mana? someone on jsp has a pretty sick ammy with like 86 mana on it, but no resists... is that mana going to be tres helpful?
depends on your dueling style. Mostly I just walked up and started poking them in the eye and, assuming they didn't sorb, I killed them pretty fast so mana was never an issue.

If you plan on having epic duels with lite sorb chars then u better get some mana/dtm cuz cs eats it up fairly fast. Sorta like a hammerdin without insight... u won't charge all over the screen as much if u can't regen teh mana... cs zons need to judge mana by who they duel if that makes any sense.

Page 2 of 3 [42 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: