LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:25 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
I need a good game.
Page 1 of 2 [22 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
OSA

BNet Acct/Realm: O-S-A on East NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject:  I need a good game.  

I want a game that's a rpg fps. With lots and lots of gore, and zombies. I've beaten FEAR, and it didn't have enough action. HL2 was fun, but no real cool zombie cliche' plot for what I'm looking for. BF2, eh, no zombies, no rpg, no gore, and online play is way easy.

Preferably a newer type game. My computer can handle pretty much anything.

If you're wondering why the zombies/shooter preferance, I just saw Dawn Of the Dead, and Shaun Of The Dead.

SO! if you've got a game to recomend, please post it and if you've got the game's site on-hand, link me to it. Thanks!

B[x] wrote:
Yeah, I'd nominate Andy for 101's Best Hair award if we had it. I loved running my fingers through it while visiting him.

*~~Meli~~*

BNet Acct/Realm: Boston
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject:  

not zombies (yes gore) and not necessarily very new, but have you played doom 3? (resurrection of evil expansion.)

edited to fix typo
OSA

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject:  

What's the game play like? I've got Doom 1 for DOS, and that's always really fun. I know in House of the Dead, if you shot their arm or face, a chunk would come off and they'd still be alive. I thought that was a real cool effect. Does it have any of that or anything extra? Like, bosses, hostages, weapon mods, ect..

I'll go look for a demo.

B[x] wrote:
Yeah, I'd nominate Andy for 101's Best Hair award if we had it. I loved running my fingers through it while visiting him.

RodeKil

BNet Acct/Realm: *Rfw , *RK_Rfw , *Rfw_Lld
1.22 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject:  

Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance I and II. These are great games, they are on PS2 and dont have online though. Pretty easy to beat also, but really really fun and adictive.

Kody

0.03 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject:  

yea and doom 3 id recomend also if youve seen the movie same concept kinda.

OSA

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject:  

I DL'ed the demo, and this flashlight business is kinda annoying. Other then that it looks like a good game.

I'll look into the Baldur's Gate game tomorrow. Although I'm not much of a system fan other then SNES and NES, I could have a go at it.

More suggestions are welcome.

B[x] wrote:

MeshinLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject:  

Go old school N64, get conkers bad fur day, and play the multiplayer maps :] good gore.. i mean you can chain saw a teddy bears face off and acid spews out... lol

The main story of the game is.. intresting to say the least lol...

Doom3 kicks butt. Good Pc game..
Hit the arcade, house of the dead3, carnival of evil (favoritearcade shooter game), tokyo police.. you might not have it, but you have to literally move around to dodge bullets comming at you, and when you hit people err shoot them, it leavs holes in there body where you shot them.. kick ass game for an arcade :]

UsWest [NL]
*MeshinLLD
UsEast [NL]
*MeshinLLD
*Meshin
OSA

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject:  

Yeah, I've beaten House of the Dead at the arcade. Spent like 25 bucks, but eh, it was fun as hell.

I want some more opinons on Doom3, if anyone's got any. The demo looks okish, so what I'm really wondering is if it gets better mid/late game.

B[x] wrote:

Kody

0.03 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject:  

i think it gets better i liked alot or about the n64 get duke nukem or perfect dark they both were tons of fun

ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject:  

From what ive played of it. Doom3 only really fits the zombie + fps part of your requirement. Hold out a bit longer for hellgate: london. That looks to check nearly all your boxes.
Chronotrigger

BNet Acct/Realm: ladder east/Florida
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject:  

one word BLOOD old school fps very gory very sick good luxk finding it tho
Last edited by Chronotrigger on Tue May 02, 2006 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject:  

get it here

This site also rocks for other games you cant find.
*~~Meli~~*

BNet Acct/Realm: Boston
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject:  

OSA wrote:
What's the game play like? I've got Doom 1 for DOS, and that's always really fun. I know in House of the Dead, if you shot their arm or face, a chunk would come off and they'd still be alive. I thought that was a real cool effect. Does it have any of that or anything extra? Like, bosses, hostages, weapon mods, ect..

I'll go look for a demo.

The game is really fun with a great ambience and music. I enjoy the sound effects, and the "fear" feeling that it gives me. (sometimes I have to lower the volume because I get too scared when things pop out =( )
The story line is kind of lacking but I guess that's ok if you're only looking for a shooting game. The graphics are cool and the monsters are many, the variety of weapons is cool too. So don't expect to get into the story too much as you will into the thrill of killing random gory zombies and monsters.
I liked Baldur's Gate as well. It is on PC too. But it's not a fps like you are looking for.
But if you DO like Baldur's Gate then I would also recommend Neverwinter Nights.
FudGe

BNet Acct/Realm: *MaStEr_FuDgE, jacquesstrap on D2JSP
2.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject:  

MeshinLLD wrote:
Go old school N64, get conkers bad fur day, and play the multiplayer maps :] good gore.. i mean you can chain saw a teddy bears face off and acid spews out... lol

The main story of the game is.. intresting to say the least lol...

this game kicks so much ass..

Kody

0.03 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject:  

yea conkers was so fun blowing teddys n squirlz heads off agh makes me wish my n64 still worked Evil or Very Mad but i agree with everything meli said bout doom3 excetp the getting scared although i did jump here and thier Laughing i beat both baldurs gates 1 and 2 for ps2 both great games and if your interested in other games like d2 baldurs gates or neverwinter nights thiers a game called champions of norath for the ps2 its fun also but the online mode for the 1st one blows like no other then they came out with #2 also which added 2 new chars new places skills and online mode was 20x better and new max character lvl 60 i think on #2 and 40 on #1

Page 1 of 2 [22 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Jump to: