LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu May 30, 2024 9:33 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
New pala build idea?
Page 1 of 2 [21 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
gbr_oNi

BNet Acct/Realm: *oNi[FuN] & *oni05 (EUSCL)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject:  New pala build idea?  

I found a bow lvl 26 with quite a bit of ele dmg added on it [http://i1.tinypic.com/v73v3q.jpg] and it got me thinking. Would a lvl 30 bowadin, using a bow such as this, lots of elemental dmg charms, plus perhaps a p topaz/ruby/sapphire in the bow itself, with an active conviction aura be viable?

I'm thinking for armour either twitch for ias or viper/shroud for +skills to up conviction a bit. Bloodfist for the gloves, fhr/life/str belt, Cow kings or Goblin toe boots, angelics amu + rings, circlet with +pala skills or +offensive auras plus ele dmg/life/dex.

As I say, this is just an idea, which i'm throwing out there to see if anyone can help think of ways to make this build work :]

Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject:  

Viable vs. other lld101 builds? Probably not.

Viable vs. some pubbies? Yeah, probably.

You'd have to have a good aim and if anyone has good resists, even with conviction, you're pretty much screwed, because of the pvp penalty vs. ele dmg and the fact that you won't have a whole lot of it anyhow.

gbr_oNi

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject:  

Knarl wrote:
Viable vs. other lld101 builds? Probably not.

Viable vs. some pubbies? Yeah, probably.

You'd have to have a good aim and if anyone has good resists, even with conviction, you're pretty much screwed, because of the pvp penalty vs. ele dmg and the fact that you won't have a whole lot of it anyhow.

Well the risk of coming across a lld101 build in Europe ladder is fairly limited, so I'm safe there. But you have a point about the penalties. I may work up a collection of high ele dmg charms, and try it out. I'll let everyone know how it goes when I've completed it.

EMP

BNet Acct/Realm: sequences (Ladder-USEast)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject:  

i would say its going to suck (sorry) because of the aiming problem. i've tried to kill other people with my high lvl zon using a normal arrow, and believe me, it took forever to hit them (eventhough my zon totally sucked)

Chibi

BNet Acct/Realm: Lou Ky, UsEast
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject:  

Go for it. Absolutely. I haven't seen it done before and I think it sounds like fun.
I didn't make my lv 18 ranger or lv 21 elemental zealot to be viable vs lld builds, but as it turns out they have performed much higher than expected. you never know- so you might as well try.

Chronotrigger

BNet Acct/Realm: ladder east/Florida
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject:  

hero editor

i say go for it
also b cuz dmg wil be poor your main gaol is speed put on some goblin boots also and have smite back up cuz it benifits from all the ias u will have

Last edited by Chronotrigger on Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kavlor

2.60 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject:  

You can get jewels with a little over 50 max damage for level 28 so 2 more levels and youd have 1-300+ Lightening damage on a 6 socket bow.
Ive made a post myself somewhere based on Lightening damage('charms based build').
gbr_oNi

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:37 am    Post subject:  

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm going to try making it on hero editor, once i work out how to use it ( Embarassed ), if that fails i'll make him ingame for a bit of fun, and see how much dmg i can get out of him, and perhaps boost his ias so the chance to hit someone is increased slightly.
All i know is my lvl 87 auradin/bowadin is fun (although he has the added advantage of having guided arrow on widowmaker Razz), and if it is possible to make a low level version of him, i'll be very happy!

Calculon

BNet Acct/Realm: Megaman_3
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject:  

Another thing. You'll wanna focus on 1-2 elemental types, mainly because of MDR. Each element is taken seperately, so 50 elemental dmg, say 10 15 15 10, with 15 mdr would end up healing 10 life instead of doing 50.
gbr_oNi

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject:  

Calculon wrote:
Another thing. You'll wanna focus on 1-2 elemental types, mainly because of MDR. Each element is taken seperately, so 50 elemental dmg, say 10 15 15 10, with 15 mdr would end up healing 10 life instead of doing 50.

By 1-2 elemental types do u mean 1-2 elemental dmg charms, or limit my ele dmg to 1 or 2 types (eg fire and lightning, or lightning and cold)?

breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject:  

I think it's a cool idea, I was just talking to someone about a necro killer elemental bowzon that doesn't need to break through bone armor. They said they have seen one and it works (and the guy knows LLD very well)

I don't like the bow though. I would use an ashwood with 2-3 shaels (whatever you need for 8fpa) and 2-3 ele dmg jewels.

The charms are really going to be the thing that determine your damage. Try to get good poison charms along with some fire and lightning. Make sure you have a little cold dmg to to freeze them.

It's not going to be a great LLD but it won't be terrible, and I think it will be fun.

Is your title a mistake? You say new pala build but you're talking about a zon.
sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject:  

sounds like a good idea

gbr_oNi

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject:  

breakbeatz2 wrote:

Is your title a mistake? You say new pala build but you're talking about a zon.

Bowadin, using conviction.
But yeah, i have quite a few decent ele dmg charms i can put to use here. I'll see how this turns out, should be fun to say the least :]

:edit: yay, my mule game closed and now i dont have that bow anymore. I also lost a gosu circlet with +2 offensive auras and good mods.

Thank god for Diablo2 everyone. Without it, i wouldnt have a high stress level or a hole in my wall.

Annihilation-

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Non-Ladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject:  

iv though about something like this, but insted of a bow you could use a melee weapon with high speed and moderate damage, then use vegence with good sys adds and your convix...since convix lowers res and defence you would probly have a good chance of making contact while using angelics, or if you were so bold as to try it with sojs and a skill add ammy it might work since they would lose even more def and res. but since veng adds ALOT of elemental damage to melee attacks and it cycles through fire, ice and lightning theres no way they can really bost enough res in all areas to reduce the damage enough to save them...its just an idea...but it might work...my single player tests went rather well, but i didnt account for a spirit shield and a few other things...mabye somone else should take it for a test run?

Calculon

BNet Acct/Realm: Megaman_3
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject:  

I mean only use 1 element TYPE. Say u fill your inventory with mixed charms and add say 20-30 cold, 10-100 lightning, and 40-70 fire. Thats 25 cold, 55 lightning, 55 fire averaged. Now with 20 magic damage reduction, they've reduced damage from:

(25)+(55)+(55) = 135 divided by 4 (assuming 75% resist) = 34 damage

TO

(25-20)+(55-20)+(55-20)=
(5)+(25)+(25)= 55 divided by 4 = 14 damage.

Thats more than a 60% reduction from 20MDR(easily attainable....especially at level 30)

If they go further, they could end up making your attacks heal them. Even lowering their resistances wont help this too much, as magic damage reduction takes place before resistances i believe, and them having crap resistances wont matter if they reduce the damage to almost nothing (or negative damage). I would recommend an upped Raven Claw (or not upped...depending on str/dex), or a Skystrike.

Raven Claw fires explosive arrows, and the fire damage from explosive arrows hits whether or not your actual arrow hits. This can be very useful because AR becomes unimportant. The only downside is there is no IAS on raven claw. This doesn't make it useless, because you wont have to get around block...nor will u have to pump dex or dedicate gear to AR....allowing more options for IAS on gear. Socket it with a Ral or Shael. Your gear should provide Good resists for facing casters, Faster Run walk, +skills(for conviction), Cannot be Frozen, and if possible...IAS. I would say Death's combo would be a nice choice for resists, CBF, and IAS. The rest is really up to preference. Hard skill points into resist cold/fire/lightning (2into each, 4 into each, etc. will add 1% to your max resist for each of these elements for every 2 points u add...even when the skill in inactive) This is truly a SKILL BUILD...if u cant duel well, you wont win.

Good choices of charms with Raven claw would be 3%FRW small charms with 3-5% resists, charms with 2 fire dmg mods, small charms can have 12.5 avg, 21 for Large Charms, 23.5 for Grand Charms. The best is obviously small charms with 2 fire dmg mods(Smoldering/Burning), or fire damage with resists, life, FRW, or Stats. If u fill your inventory with decent fire damage small charms you will do about 60-70 damage vs. 90% fire resist, and you will ALWAYS HIT. With more +skills to conviction, even high MDR will be no match for your firey arrows! Facing MDR setups will take a while but only about 25 MDR is available at this level and your arrows should do well over that, and their resistances will be less than 30-40% so after MDR, your 35-70 damage will only be reduced to about 25-55(MDR/noMDR)...and dont forget that you can forget about AR!!!!!! I think this is a viable build and i might start saving some fire dmg/frw charms Smile

Page 1 of 2 [21 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: