LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:02 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Name your favorite 80's-90's video games!
Page 2 of 3 [40 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
*~~Meli~~*

BNet Acct/Realm: Boston
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject:  

In the 80s I played:

Nintendo:
Duck Hunt

Atari:
Asteroids
Pacman
Mario Bros.
Missile Command
Pole Position
Serpentine
Frogger

I miss those 8-bit games Sad
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject:  

*~~Meli~~* wrote:
In the 80s I played:

Nintendo:
Duck Hunt

Atari:
Asteroids
Pacman
Mario Bros.
Missile Command
Pole Position
Serpentine
Frogger

I miss those 8-bit games Sad

I thought you were in your early 20's. The original NES came out in 1985-6, and those other games are all classic old-school arcade games. Are you trying to slip in a few years on us, or were you just way ahead of your time?

I used to love playing Space Ace and Dragon's Lair. I was that kid in the arcade that could beat either one on one quarter. People used to gather around whenever I played, because those games were as fun to watch as they were to play. (Particularly Space Ace, which had a pretty funny plot.) There was also a tight game called "Cliffhanger", which was based on the awesome Lupin anime series. I, unfortunately, sucked royally at this game.

I also rocked Mortal Kombat in the 90s, but only with Scorpion.
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject:  

It sucks I totally missed the whole arcade era... now arcade games are worse games that I could play at home, and no one really goes to em anymore.
Bloody Mess

BNet Acct/Realm: a human container, looking for a new container pretty soon
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject:  

Lol, I was never an arcade kind of guy. For me, I could never get used to that dam' arcade joystick. Crying or Very sad But I did enjoy those same arcade games when they we're painstakenly recreated into my beloved Snes and now my emulators. Very Happy
Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject:  

Likes Boys wrote:
Lol, I was never an arcade kind of guy.

When I was a kid there weren't a lot of choices. Even though the Atari was out in the early 80s, and the NES by the mid 80s, there were a *lot* of games that never made it to those platforms until years later. Additionally, gaming systems didn't have nearly the power of the arcade game engines, so if you wanted to play the "cool" games, you had to hit the arcade.
*~~Meli~~*

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject:  

Quote:

I thought you were in your early 20's. The original NES came out in 1985-6, and those other games are all classic old-school arcade games. Are you trying to slip in a few years on us, or were you just way ahead of your time?

I used to own an atari and I remember playing those games on it. But I was pretty young so my memory is rough. However, I'm certain that those were the games I played! I didn't own a nintendo, but I played duck hunt at my cousin's house. I'm confused about your question. Does my list of games imply that I should be older or younger?
I'm 19.
Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject:  

*~~Meli~~* wrote:
Does my list of games imply that I should be older or younger?
I'm 19.

Well, if you're 19, that means you were born around 1985 or 86. (You young hooligans... *sigh*) I would have figured that you would have missed the "classic era" of arcade games by the time you'd be playing games in the mid 90s. I guess you were just a prodigy. Or maybe Costa Rica got all those classic games ten years late.

Or maybe it's that you *seem* more mature then I am, and I'm 31. Maybe I'm just immature. Let's split the difference, and agree that we're both 25.

You were probably that snot-nosed little five-year old that would always kick my ass at Street Fighter. Wink Hey - what do you want? I liked playing Ken, because he and I share a name. It's not my fault he wasn't the best character. Man, I blew at that game, and *all* fighting games that weren't Mortal Kombat. I did enjoy playing the original SF, however, where instead of six buttons there were only two big pads (Punch and Kick), and how hard you hit them determined what kind of move you executed.
*~~Meli~~*

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
Well, if you're 19, that means you were born around 1985 or 86. (You young hooligans... *sigh*) I would have figured that you would have missed the "classic era" of arcade games by the time you'd be playing games in the mid 90s. I guess you were just a prodigy. Or maybe Costa Rica got all those classic games ten years late.

You're right, it's probably the Costa Rican thing. I should have thought of that. This is somehow unrelated, but I used to watch this program a lot in Nickelodeon during the late 80s early 90s called Pinwheel which had all these old cartoons with David the Gnome, some cartoon with koalas, Eureka's castle, and others. When I ask my friends here in the U.S. if they ever watched Pinwheel they don't remember it. I figure maybe it came much earlier in the U.S.

Quote:

Or maybe it's that you *seem* more mature then I am, and I'm 31. Maybe I'm just immature. Let's split the difference, and agree that we're both 25.

I'm down with that Wink

Quote:

You were probably that snot-nosed little five-year old that would always kick my ass at Street Fighter. Wink Hey - what do you want? I liked playing Ken, because he and I share a name. It's not my fault he wasn't the best character. Man, I blew at that game, and *all* fighting games that weren't Mortal Kombat. I did enjoy playing the original SF, however, where instead of six buttons there were only two big pads (Punch and Kick), and how hard you hit them determined what kind of move you executed.

I loved Mortal Kombat and other two-people fighting arcade games as well, but I don't think I played those until I moved here. I don't remember going to arcades in CR but I was a big chuckie cheese fan when I first moved to U.S. Razz
Icanneverwin

BNet Acct/Realm: *Disc0nnect
1.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject:  

Old school stuff was fun too, Super Mario and Street Fighter for the classics!

~Destined for Disappointment~

--------------------------------------------------
1000th post:Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:54 pm

1337st post:Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:06 am
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject:  

*~~Meli~~* wrote:
I used to watch this program a lot in Nickelodeon during the late 80s early 90s called Pinwheel which had all these old cartoons with David the Gnome, some cartoon with koalas, Eureka's castle, and others.

I remember all three of those shows (even the koala one) but I don't recall anything called Pinwheel.
David the Gnome FTW.

[Important Links]
*~~Meli~~*

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject:  

B[x] wrote:
I remember all three of those shows (even the koala one) but I don't recall anything called Pinwheel.
David the Gnome FTW.

Oh no, this is worst than I thought! I was really old-school.

http://johnnorrisbrown.com/classic-nick/history.htm
Do you remember You Can't Do That On Television? I used to watch it all the time! I also watched other ones mentioned on this webpage.

Meli

P.S. Hi B[x], it's nice to speak to you again. =)
Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject:  

*~~Meli~~* wrote:

Oh no, this is worst than I thought! I was really old-school.

Do you remember You Can't Do That On Television? I used to watch it all the time!

I remember being too old to watch that show. How's *that* for old school? *cough* *wheeze* Hell, I remember when Arkanoid was the cool "new" game.
sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject:  

earthbound

*~~Meli~~*

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:54 am    Post subject:  

Dao Jones' wrote:

I remember being too old to watch that show. How's *that* for old school? *cough* *wheeze* Hell, I remember when Arkanoid was the cool "new" game.

You're NOT too old. We're both 25, 'member??
Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject:  

*~~Meli~~* wrote:

You're NOT too old. We're both 25, 'member??

Oh, yeah. Wow. To be in my twenties again. I have so many more years of screwing off ahead of me. Hey Meli - we should totally roll out on a pub crawl! I'll buy if you wear something sexy. Cool

Wait. I already do this now. Guess not much has changed in six years.

I just remembered another game I used to play back in the day: Ghosts & Goblins. I remember that, if you could beat it once through without dying it would start again and you would have this cool gold armor. They used to have this game at the 7-11 that was on my way to junior high school in the morning. My friends and I would always stop there and play at least a quarter or two. They also had Robocop there, but that game blew.
Page 2 of 3 [40 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Jump to: