LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Level 27 charge pala beginner guide
Page 1 of 2 [18 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject:  Level 27 charge pala beginner guide  

For the most common type of lld'er there seems to be a lack of guides for it.

So here it is:

Level 27 Charger

Skills:
Note: this char is not hellrushed because, tbh, you don?t really need it, you can see norm games without having to switch chars and it complies with LLD101 rules so you can use him in ARENA games. If you are hell-bent on rushing him, go for it and the spare points should go into charge.

Might: 20 points - This gives you a total 400%ed! as a synergy as well as giving you the %ed when you actually use it.

Smite/holy bolt/blessed hammer/holy shield: 1 point - You need these skills to get charge and holy shield. [note you can save 3 points here if you can get hold of a +holy shield scepter (shop/find/trade for 1)]

Charge: The rest [6 points]

Meditation: This is a VERY useful skill to have. I would recommend getting it somehow. Either by having it as a skill on your weapon or skilling it yourself and having only a lvl3 charge.

Stats:

Str: Enough for gear
Dex: Enough for max block. WITH holy shield activated!
Vit: The rest
Energy: None

Gear:

*note on jewels before we start* +24 max dmg is the best jewel you can get for this lvl. However, they are rare and usually expensive so IMO anything above +15 max can be used. Another good thing about this is that if you only use lvl 18 req jewels and at anytime want to scrap your charger, you can easily make a lvl 18 char with the leftovers.

Helm: 3 socketed helm with +max dmg jewels - Gives a LOT more dmg due to the high %ed of charge/might.

Rings/Amu: Angelics ? You need ar to hit, these give ar?..

Armor: Artisans xxx of the colossus filled with +max jewels ? Gives dmg and life, yummy. If you are crazy about dmg you can use a 4 socket gothic plate with max jewels in it if you value the extra jewel above ~60 life.

Gloves: Bloodfist ? Nice mods all round

Belt: Deaths set belt ? We wouldn?t want your pala getting cold now, would we?

Boots: Sanders set boots ? Nice mods all round

Shield: A 4 socket pala shield with inherent ed/ar [the best ed/ar you can get is 65/121, don?t use anything below 60/100 IMO]. Fill this full of dmg jewels ? Equip this baby and watch your dmg soar.

Weapon: An ?Honor? [Amn + El + Ith + Tir + Sol] runeword Divine scepter with nice inherent skills [skills to look for: charge, meditation, holy shield, maybe vigor] ? This wep gives very nice dmg and mods

Small Gear/stat alternative:

Some people [for reasons unknown to me] like to use the unique maul ?bonesnap?. Now this may or may not give better dmg than the wep/shield option but it leaves you without a shield. A crime for any lld?er.

However if you are one of those people who wish to use bonesnap the following amendments apply:

1.You wont need any points into dex unless you do plan on using a shield thus leaving you you more spare to go into vit.
2.Don?t ever duel me, you will lose.

Inventory:

Depending on the amount of mana you have, the amount you like to charge and whether or not you have the meditation skill you will need a few +mana grand charms. My advice is to do a few duels and if you run out of mana too often, then add another charm, continue until you are happy with the mana/life ratio of your char.

You can also add in max dmg charms too. With mods like +life these can be some of the best charms you can get, though expensive.

The remaining inventory space you should fill with +life small charms [+15 life is the best for your lvl]

OK, did I miss anything?
I tried to write it for someone who is new to lld. If you think I could have made it simpler or you don?t understand something, ask me.

Last edited by ubermoose on Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
heprea
pokemon fanatic

BNet Acct/Realm: europe laddars
8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject:  

looks cool in my eyes, well ofc u could add pre buff items for better hs like +1pc amu +3hs wep +1 from tarn helm though not too sure is it worth it since hs has low dura at low lvl so making all this makes some time though, still bleh i confused myself hope this makes any sense >_<

Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:01 am    Post subject:  

For a Europe player thats a real nice begginer guide for other realms Very Happy well done. Altho some ppl like to have the 1 hit wonders which involve the use of max dmg charms, the cheapest way to get these are 8-10 max/ar grandcharms. Eventually you will be wanting to get good secondary mods on these charms like life/dex/str etc.. Eventually, for those who want to get the best out of their chargers they can 3/ar/15 life sc's are the most saught after but will cost an arm and a leg. Another reason to go for artisans life armour is it has a nice red color which imo is very nice on paladins Very Happy. Good begginers strat Ubermoose Smile
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject:  

I wouldnt suggest hs, it gives a mean charge lock.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject:  

ubermoose wrote:
Armor: Artisans xxx of the squid [I think it?s the squid. It should give up to 60 life anyhow] filled with +max jewels ? Gives dmg and life, yummy. If you are crazy about dmg you can use a 4 socket gothic plate with max jewels in it if you value the extra jewel above ~60 life.

colossus

ubermoose wrote:
Weapon: An ?Honor? [Amn + El + Ith + Tir + Sol] runeword Divine scepter with nice inherent skills [skills to look for: charge, might, meditation, holy shield, maybe vigor] ? This wep gives very nice dmg and mods

You will not be able to get +might on a 5 socket scepter.

Imp wrote:
I wouldnt suggest hs, it gives a mean charge lock.

Leave the game and rejoin. Simple.

Last edited by krajee on Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject:  

The best 2 handed option = Insight polearm, no question

Crazy damage, AR boost, Critical Strike, Infinite Mana

Though it may be a cardinal sin in LLD, I much prefer the Insight to the Honor scepter.

yarly
ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject:  

Fixed a few things [thanks dsm and gheed].

Ill talk about insights and stuff tomorrow when i am less tired and eager to "pwn" my mate at cs:s Twisted Evil
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject:  

Insight has 2 problems IMO.

1st: hard to find as it is ladder only r/w and to find a LOW one is even harder. Since this is a beginners guide...well u follow the logic I hope.
2nd: Insight is a one hit wonder. If you dont kill in one hit...your toast!

Insight might be a good switch wep for the mana regen but a shielded charger won't give u any time to switch back so GL....not good/PWNT!

Insight was fun when they first came out but a charger built with ultimate gear following mooses guide will win every time IMO.

Question I have Moose: Do CB and DS both work with charge??? I know DS does but not sure on CB. Also, if they both work...is it possible for them to both roll on the same hit??? If so, wouldn't a pair gob toes give u better dmg? Obviously, you have to weigh whether or not dmg is more preferrable to the life (stat savings) of sanders.

Nice guide bro.

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject:  

wfg-dude wrote:
Question I have Moose: Do CB and DS both work with charge???
yes.

wfg-guy wrote:
Also, if they both work...is it possible for them to both roll on the same hit???

yes.

wfg-person wrote:
If so, wouldn't a pair gob toes give u better dmg?

Adding another source of damage always increases your effective damage...Crushing blow works well with attacks such as smite and kicks because they are fast, high ar/auto hit attacks.

Last edited by krajee on Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject:  

Why Thx Krajee, Andrew, Yarrr Admin, Gheed, Balls 'o' Steel, or whatever your name is today... Very Happy

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Zig-Zag

BNet Acct/Realm: MarmotLld
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject:  

You don't even have to leave the game to get out of charge lock. All I do is press wep switch and I'm out of the lock and able to use charge again, so you'll definately wan't the hs.
Knifer

BNet Acct/Realm: Hawaii/Oregon
1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject:  

they are talking about a different "charge lock"

there is one you are talking about where you get stuck in one position, and can get out simply by hitting "w" twice.

then there is the other where if you die in the middle of a charge or holy shield runs out while charging you arent able to charge anymore and have to rejoin the game for it to work again.

lld_newb

BNet Acct/Realm: Deserves a spam section.
70.13 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject:  

i am GOING to use honer not in a scepter but in a war scythe of sumthing i made but cant remember and it is 193 max dmg, pluss i used skill planer and nticed ima be getting over 600%ed easy so i will be pwnin

Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject:  

Insight may be hard to find on non-ladder, but it's extremely easy to make on ladder. No point in neglecting it -- if you play non-ladder, it's worthwhile just to stash an Insight and wait for the ladder reset.

Also, while I do use Insight, I keep a shield on my weapon switch for other chargers. With a little timing, I've been able to kill all other 1 handed chargers with my Insight about half the time (which I think is just the case for charge-charge duels). While not having any shield at all is tantamount to suicide, a little practice can let you enjoy the advantages of insight while hedging the disadvantages.

yarly
Omnipotent Clown

BNet Acct/Realm: *omnptntclwn
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject:  

also something no one seems to have mentioned... insight kicks ass for switch because when your up against a sorc... you dont need a shield.... casters in general. Only time you need shield is against melee or bowzons... and against other chargers of course.

Page 1 of 2 [18 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: