LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:04 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Q & A Spot
Not Sure I understand Posting Rules
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]  
Author Message
wfg-dude

Joined: 04 May 2005
Posts: 2663
BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
Offline
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject:  Not Sure I understand Posting Rules   Reply with quote 

Recently I browsed some of the less popular forums and read some interesting ideas and posted my thoughts...here was my response:

Moderator wrote:
Please do not bump several old suggestion threads when they are similar in content. In addition to the following post, I deleted another post of yours because I answered the same question in a different thread that you bumped.

wfg-dude wrote:
Is it possible to just BAN their IP without posting it? I think posting it might not only be a violation of the Privacy Act but would cause said person to try even harder to NUKE our little slice of heaven here.

List their LLD accts, Bnet accts...yes. BAN everything u can IP,email,etc. Actually banning email addresses does nothing cuz they can change...but, u get the jist. DO NOT list personal information or someone could get in trouble.

We haven't started a public thread which includes the IPs of any offenders and the thread you posted this in was old so I don't foresee it happening anytime soon.


I changed the name of the mod so that we don't focus on any one mod cuz that is not my point at all. In fact, this is one of my favorite mods so I am REALLY CONFUSED Confused

If I create a NEW THREAD with my thoughts/ideas before checking for old threads... I get yelled at for not checking old threads first! TRUE or FALSE? The answer is TRUE!

If I post in an OLD THREAD my posts are deleted because I posted in an old thread! TRUE or FALSE? TRUE as evidenced by the pm I quoted above.

Rebuttal:
I don't always read the date on threads and I certainly didn't know there is a "post by freshness date" associated with them. If threads are too old to post in (based on your calculations as a mod) shouldn't they be locked for info only???
We (I) are not obligated to post/reply on this site and this is certainly a privelege extended by the site mods. However, it is getting more and more confusing for me...I try to contribute thoughts and ideas (right or wrong) and ... well as I said in the beginning: I'M FRUSTRATED Confused

If a mod replies to this thread...please let "US" know the rules for posting. If your rules include "NOT" posting after a certain time period...please lock all old threads for us so we will not be tempted to add thoughts/comments to them. Also, none of the threads I posted in were mine so is it my fault they are similar in content?

I did post a thread after my readings that was "Kinda" similar...but, the gist of it was about the security of our pm's and our passwords as it pertains to moderators...which is not posted that I could find anywhere. I think security (especially these days) is a paramount issue and we as members would like to know what is being done about security to make sure we don't get hacked and/or that the perpetrators are caught and disciplined somehow.

So...why is that something I can't create a thread about or that requires a pm from a mod telling me it was deleted??? The post he is referring to is pertaining to banning/listing IP addresses of hackers and/or banned mbrs. However, it does not address security or what is being done at all.

After typing this book I'm sure this will get deleted also and many mbr's will never see this...but, if it makes the final cut: Please keep your comments constructive!!! THIS IS NOT A MOD BASHING THREAD!!! This is simply to understand what the rules are for posting and to have other mbr's give feedback/suggestions for making this work in the future. Mod's are simply doing their jobs and we should all be very thankful for that...but, I (for one) am very confused!!! Confused

_________________


Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Meegz ?

Joined: 19 Nov 2004
Posts: 2671
BNet Acct/Realm: *meegz @ east ladder
Offline
39.74 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

We have our own small government functioning here, you see. So count on being 'erased' shortly. Don't make waves, just take your beating and move on. BECAUSE they ARE mods, they can do whatever. Life is a lot like a forum. The mod's (government, people in power, etc..) are always doing things that the normal person (90% of the rest of the world) doesn't question because they are the "Mods". 100,000 times easier to just take it and move on, because nothing will be done. This is how things work. In our own little world of this forum and of the real world itself. Don't get erased, but get back in every way you can.

G*ddamn, I sound like a conspiracy theorist, eh?

But just take it. It's not important in the whole view of things, if you get my meaning. It's ALL a game. And I do mean all of it...

_________________
Napalm loves the little children, all the little children of the world,
Red and Yellow, Black and White
They are Candles in the Night
Napalm loves the little children of the world.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger 
Wank


Joined: 01 Nov 2005
Posts: 3328
BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
Offline
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Well... if you have a question can't you just pm a person that knows the answer? And my defense for the mods they do what they can, it is hard to lock EVERY post that they see is against the rules... if people (like me) would read the rules there wouldn't be any problems, if there wasnt any problems there wouldn't be any mods. I guess ;/
_________________

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger 
wfg-dude

Joined: 04 May 2005
Posts: 2663
BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
Offline
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Imp wrote:
Well... if you have a question can't you just pm a person that knows the answer? And my defense for the mods they do what they can, it is hard to lock EVERY post that they see is against the rules... if people (like me) would read the rules there wouldn't be any problems, if there wasnt any problems there wouldn't be any mods. I guess ;/


I am with u Imp...mod's rock for working so hard part time! I'll give u another example: in the trade forums when Knarl is administering (or w/e they call it) it is ok to reply with "t.o." and it isn't considered a bump. When Gheed is administering it is locked for putting "t.o." as an early bump.

In my post...if I add to an old thread I'm violating a rule (that I can't seem to find) and if I create a new thread that contains the same info as an old thread I'm violating a rule...that I DO know about. What am I missing? I guess NOT posting would solve this! Laughing

_________________


Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
B[x]


Joined: 04 May 2004
Posts: 6130
BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
Offline
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Well fucking shit, I accidently closed the Tab which had my reply to this thread. I spent a good 20 minutes on that reply. Dammit. Here's a summarized version, I'm not up to rethinking that whole entire thing.

I was the person who PMed Wfg-dude, I don't mind it being known. Also, I don't know how else I would respond to this thread without people knowing that it was me.
Let me just say a few things to clarify the situation to those who don't know what's going on. Yesterday Wfg-dude made about 5 or 6 in the Suggestions Box. A couple of them brought up old threads. The post I quoted in the PM I sent him was taken from this thread. I deleted two of his posts, one of which was the above quoted one. However, I deleted them for two entirely different reasons. It was late last night when this happened and I was tired so I guess I wasn't as clear as I could have been, sorry.
Two of Wfg's posts were extremely similar in content I deleted one and replied to the other. I didn't see the point of having two identical lines of thought on the same page.
The above quoted post bumped up a thread that is no longer an issue. A public banned IP list wasn't formed and never will be. While a banned list was made, the IPs of the users weren't added. We don't like to lock old threads "for informational use only" because someone new might come along and have a question pertaining to the thread. However, the Suggestion Box is a bit different; if something was suggested and no action was taken for several months, chances are it won't happen anytime soon. Should the thread have been locked? Probably. However, what probably happened is that since no action was taken to post someone's IP for awhile, we (the mods) forgot about it. Our fault.

wfg-dude wrote:
I get yelled at for not checking old threads first! TRUE or FALSE?

People seem to have a tendency to assume that I'm upset with them when they receive a PM from me regarding a rule violation or something similar. When I delete someone's post, I usually PM them about it. In the PM, I'll tell them what they did wrong, what they can do to fix it, and their punishment (if any). I rarely intend it to come off as biased, partial, derogatory, or harsh. Hell, I'm an engineer, I try to be as informative as possible. Don't you know engineers don't have feelings?

wfg-dude wrote:
The post he is referring to is pertaining to banning/listing IP addresses of hackers and/or banned mbrs. However, it does not address security or what is being done at all.

Back when that thread (and the ban list) was made, site security wasn't as big an issue as it is now.

wfg-dude wrote:
Also, none of the threads I posted in were mine so is it my fault they are similar in content?

When I said that they were similar in content, I meant that your posts were similar, not the original threads.

bigspot_05 wrote:
Don't make waves, just take your beating and move on.

Quite the opposite, in fact. We encourage you to PM a moderator when you have a specific question. If you have a general question or don't like the way something is run around here, post about it and we'll go from there. However, do not make threads exclaiming how this moderator did this, that, and the other thing in a condescending manner. That is flat out not cool. This thread is a prime example of a user that had a problem and made a post about it in a way that he voiced his opinions yet managed to keep his temper cool and not throw a hissy fit (which seems to be a common trait among those with complaints). As you can see, here I am explaining my actions in an equally calm and patient manner (at least that's my intent). If you feel like we're running a dictatorship, feel free to make your point with valid evidence; we'll be glad to discuss it.

wfg-dude wrote:
I'll give u another example: in the trade forums when Knarl is administering (or w/e they call it) it is ok to reply with "t.o." and it isn't considered a bump. When Gheed is administering it is locked for putting "t.o." as an early bump.

Gheed shouldn't be locking those threads. I'm sure it's just a simple misunerstanding on our part - I trust Gheed and I know that he wouldn't do anything that he considered wrong. I'll have a word with him if he doesn't see this by the time I get around to speaking with him.

Also, I'm moving this to the New User Q&A because it doesn't have anything to do with Diablo.

_________________


[Important Links]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address 
wfg-dude

Joined: 04 May 2005
Posts: 2663
BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
Offline
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Shocked Told Me! Shocked

When I went to that section I felt like reading some threads...so I browsed a few they seemed interesting...I added some comments. I didn't take the time to check the dates on the post so I apologize for posting to an old thread. Normally, when posts are near the top of the forum they are fairly "fresh".

So, I didn't post because I had any problem with u bro...in fact at the risk of sounding like I'm kissing your Arsz... u are my favorite! So, I truly was surprised when I got the pm. I didn't think I was doing anything against the rules. Hence the thread...and the anonymity (not anymore).

I will do my best to check dates... again. I was yelled at for this when I first joined by Voices...you'd think I would have learned Embarassed

Accept my sincere apologies if I came across teh wrong way! I promise to "TRY" to be a good boy from now on.

I hope u passed your mid's Very Happy

_________________


Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]  
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Q & A Spot

Quick Reply
Username: 


Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.1377s ][ Queries: 32 (0.0634s) ][ GZIP on - Debug on ]