LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 21, 2024 1:00 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
help with my GA/JABBER hybrid
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
vexxon

BNet Acct/Realm: wicked_pk00
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject:  help with my GA/JABBER hybrid  

Ok after alot of na saying towards my build proposal of a cs/ga zon I decided to go with a ga//jab zon. This was suggested in my last post. I got most of my gear , stats , and skills worked out . What was suggested was to put no points in life and pump dex instead and use alot of 15 to life small charms and use the skill jab instead of cs. I just need a few questions anwsered.

1. I will have + 3 skills on java side not counting the java if I get 1 that has + to skills. How many points do I need in jab to be effective at lvl 30 and how much attack rating do I need to be effective at lvl 30.

2. What would be a good fairly easy to find java for a lvl 30 jabber and how much can I buy 1 of these for in high runes?

Last edited by vexxon on Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
OSA

BNet Acct/Realm: O-S-A on East NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: help with my GA/JABBER hybrid  

vexxon wrote:
2. What would be a good fairly easy to find java for a lvl 30 jabber and how much can I buy 1 of these for in high runes?

Try imbueing. It might take you awhile to find a good pair of java's or spears.

B[x] wrote:
Yeah, I'd nominate Andy for 101's Best Hair award if we had it. I loved running my fingers through it while visiting him.

Vixen

BNet Acct/Realm: The 'Big Apple'
7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject:  

You're going to suck with one of the skills either way.

"Vixen's also the name of a reindeer"
vexxon

BNet Acct/Realm: wicked_pk00
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject:  

Why? Teach me that which I have yet to learn.
Vixen

BNet Acct/Realm: The 'Big Apple'
7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject:  

I just don't see it working. You're trying to get both ends of the spectrum and i'm pretty sure one or both (likely) will come up short.

"Vixen's also the name of a reindeer"
Supreme1012

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast Ladder *Supreme1012 *BSPwndu
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject:  

Vixen wrote:
I just don't see it working. You're trying to get both ends of the spectrum and i'm pretty sure one or both (likely) will come up short.

Lol, thats true in the main, or where it counts. Most good duelers will be able to beat you, but considering 90% of the pub duel games are duelers with crappy gear and crappier skills I'd say it might be a char to have fun with. Basically it all comes down to how competitive you are about it. Me, personally, I wouldnt make it b/c it has very relevant flaws in its build, and you're bound to end up losing sometimes against good duelers. But pulling a fast one and wipping out the bow on a char that thinks it can run after you own it jaba, might just be a fun way to spend a few evenings.

OSA

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject:  

You could put just enough to get 5 hits on your jab skill with gear, and rest to passives + arrows. Seeing that you'll probably have enough dex to have enough AR with jab, and since you'll be able to hit them a few times with GA before they actually get to you. You could just use jab as a finisher for when a melee characater gets close to you. You probably won't be able to beat any real good melee dueler, but as for ranged and caster types you could probably kill them.

I'd try to get as many points into GA, minimum in jab, and as many in passives, mainly Crit, Evade and Aviod.

Most people thought my vlld hammer sin wouldn't work, but it was probably the funnest public vllder I've ever played.

B[x] wrote:
Yeah, I'd nominate Andy for 101's Best Hair award if we had it. I loved running my fingers through it while visiting him.

ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject:  

OSA wrote:
You could put just enough to get 5 hits on your jab skill with gear

Nope. Jab is 3 hits, always.
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject:  

If you got all the gear for it charms, good jav, good bow, etc it would be a good char, keep in mind good javs are hard to find, im still iso eth repair javs (THIS IS NOT A COMMERCIAL) And i doubt that you will be stuck with 1. Jab will help alot against slow missiles xD.Make sure u get that lower def thing though, or u will need sum major ar.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
OSA

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject:  

ubermoose wrote:
Nope. Jab is 3 hits, always.

I don't play zons at all, so yeah, enough points with gear to get 3 hits.

B[x] wrote:

DarkMousy

BNet Acct/Realm: Canada
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject:  

This is one of the few hybrids that might actually work. If you can afford an inventory full of 3/xx/xx charms, you'll have a nasty GA and a nasty jab as well. Don't forget, the 2 skills complement each other perfectly - both of them benefit from +max damage.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: