LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:59 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Hmm, I need an RPG suggestion
Page 2 of 3 [40 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Spazz
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject:  

WoW is fun, but its too instance based. If your class is not needed on a raid, you are NOT getting the items/quests.. ever. The top guilds that run all the important instances already have all their spots filled, and on top of that it takes months to make a good character, while on D2 and other games it can be accomplished easily in 2-3 days usually..

The 200 VS 200 Wars that use to happen don't anymore thanks to battle grounds, so that was one of the reasons I stayed. I'm thinking about coming back to WoW though on Skullcrusher and Shattered Hand

Account: -=-Spazz-=-
Realm: USEast
Characters:
Carousel - 57 Trap Assassin MLD

ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

BNet Acct/Realm: *ATOMICMAN-LLD USEastNL Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject:  

its good stuff ive had alot of fun with wow

as for the items yeah you need to do the instances to get them apperently but i havent done many ive pretty much soloed the whole time ive played it takes longer but im not real social lol but then again im really not a high enough lvl to require to do everything in groups

I am the bullet in the gun
I am the truth from which you run
I am a silencing machine
I am the end of all your dreams...
MeshinLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject:  

In my personal opinion WoW is too easy, i have 2 level 60 chars on QT both power leveled within 2 weeks to 60 =/

The pvp is ok.. I guess im just an old school player i definently perfer playing everquest to WoW.

Morrowind is actually a fun game thank you very much spazz, its something good to play and if you dont cheat like spazz its somewhat difficult, there arnt alot of monster in the world, its more quest based, And YES you can play it right out of the box good to go.

Oblivion WILL require a good system to play on, and probly a GeForce 4 or better video card minimum to make playing at all efficient, oblivion's release date got bumped to like april ot may i think, as they didnt have enough copies. They were on shelves for about a week though here.

Everquest 2 is a fun game, but im not sure i would recommend it as a temp or side play game, it requires too much time, same as everquest 1 or WoW. Asherons Call was / kinda is a good game, i wouldnt recommend it though, hacking and what not has corrupted the entire game.

SWG is a fun ass hell game. Star wars galaxys for those of you who dont know. It just plain rocks, as long as you find some people to play with your good to go ^_^ basicly after you do the missions, which require traveling or killing stuff (i love killing creep missions they are so fun ^_^) then you return you get paid ect ect, you could also become a bounty hunter and kill jedi's thats alot of fun too, the world is so vastly huge so you dont run into too many people, outside of towns. Well anyways if your a star wars fan at all or enjoy star wars its definently worth a look into, though monthly prices suck T_T

-Mesh

UsWest [NL]
*MeshinLLD
UsEast [NL]
*MeshinLLD
*Meshin
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject:  

Inexorable wrote:
Knarl wrote:
Spazz wrote:
Oblivion looks oMFg??? Wait for oblivion!

When does it come out? What is good about it?

World of Warcraft. You can get xp via solo grinding(killing monsters) and questing, running with groups through instances(think dungeon) at levels 14+, or.. not playing for awhile and returning to the character(playing alternate characters, different game, etc)

Sure it looks cartoonish, but ask Jerkazoid, Atomicman, Spazz or anyone else on the WoW player list about how fun it is.

I wasn't asking about WoW, I was asking about oblivion.

MeshinLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject:  

Oblivion is the next in the elder scrolls series, so i dont understand why spazz said morrowind sucks and oblivion is better, the only real difference is graphics, and that can be fixed by downloading the better graphics mods for morrowind, making it look up to / better than oblivion if you have the video card capabilitys.

Either way i would rather pay 9 bucks for a game and see if i like it before paying 50 bucks for a game i got no clue if ill like and be basicly similar to another game i couldve paid 9 bucks to try.. see what i mean?

lol..

Just play solitare. hah.

UsWest [NL]
*MeshinLLD
UsEast [NL]
*MeshinLLD
*Meshin
Spazz

0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject:  

Morrowind was just too nuts but I had so many hours of fun on it.. I went in and killed Korrak? Or whatever the hell his name is the emporer guy that you have to fly up to with the staff of levitation.. anyway, I killed him in a couple hits and he's the "boss" of everything I believe?

I dunno, I played to kill shit. I was too scared to go to that giant mountain that the other boss guy lived in. Razz It also took forever to find and get to... UNLESS you chugged 50x Agility Potions (increasing speed), Used the staff of levitation and pressed forward ONCE on your Dpad and you flew half way across the entire continent of Morrowind.. That was cool.

Characters:

FudGe

BNet Acct/Realm: *MaStEr_FuDgE, jacquesstrap on D2JSP
2.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
GeForce 4 or better video card minimum to make playing at all efficient

heh in your dreams. I have a 6600GT, and im hoping i'm going to be able to run it. Geforce 4 won't be able to run it period. Geforce 5 series will have a hard time with it too.

check out these oblivion movies: http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/media_movies.htm

Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject:  

Is this the right Morrowind?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005RD71/qid=1134860072/sr=8-5/ref=pd_bbs_5/102-4906856-0125736?v=glance&s=software&n=507846

There were several ones, like the game of the year edition and stuff. What's the difference?

Are those things true which are mentioned in the first review on that page?

Erin K. Darling wrote:

I've got waaayy too much to say about this game, and not enough space; hence, I'll just do bullet points. But overall - WOW.

* Character creation was an enjoyable game unto itself. With many races, classes, and abilities to choose from, this portion of the game can take hours, if you so desire.

* Load times are obscene! The program itself takes minutes on my AMDAthlon w/256MB of RAM. Individual game loads take about a full minute to 1.5 minutes. Each time you opens a door, yet another load time for the next environment. This is very much a game of hurry-up-and-wait.

* The soundtrack is nice, and includes music, animal sounds, and ambient environmental cues.

* The scenery is lovely and detailed. The colors are pleasant, subdued shades and are easy on the eyes. The sky is *stunning*, especially at night. There are good weather effects, including great thunderstorms.

* The land of Vvardenfell is INSANELY huge - I cannot fully express its hugeness. The overwhelming size of the land is a mixed blessing; it's frustrating to run back and forth over long distances repeatedly, and it can take 15-20 minutes to reach a destination. But the size also allows the game its diversity and complexity. There are so many unmapped, hidden areas that exploring kept my interest for many hours in the first weeks.

* Battling Fatigue will be a thorn in every player's side; they could have done much better here.

* The Journal is very disorganized. There is no "quests-at-a-glance," section, nor are completed quests crossed out. Further, not all important information is logged there.

* Most of the monsters were creatively-wrought, and had great ambient behaviors if watched. This holds true for the humanoid characters as well; scratching, mumbling, eating, and assorted other behaviors add depth to everything.

* When speaking to an NPC, you have to click *on the letters* in textboxes - if you click in the space between two letters, or even in the hole in the middle of an "O," nothing registers.

* A big plus is being able to save at any time during the game, even during combat.

* Merchants in the game have very little money to trade for goods, which makes finding valuable items nearly worthless. It's sometimes possible to work some creative trading, but by and large, the merchants should have about five times more cash.

* Attributes and skills increase as they are used, which is perfect; jumping a lot increases your athletics skills, and so forth. There is also training available, for a price.

* One nice touch is that after some inactivity, the game will automatically zoom out from the character, and slowly rotate around it. The character engages in many of the same ambient behaviors I mentioned previously. There is also a third-person view; you can freely rotate all around the character, zooming in and out, to see how your character looks. It's difficult to fight in this view, however.

* Combat is pretty straight-forward, and doesn't involve a lot of creativity. Hack and slash is easiest, as spells are often hard to cast during battle. However, it's easy to hit the wrong target inadvertently during battles, which can sometimes kill off a person following you, an innocent stander-by, or even a person crucial to the completion of the game. Highly vexing.

* Occassionally, it is possible to ruin your chances of completing a quest (or of obtaining advancement through a given quest) by stumbling onto an area or an item too soon in the game, and then selling it or otherwise losing it. This is highly frustrating.

* There are a whoooole bunch of quests to be had, and it's very easy to lose track of the main quest early on. In fact, I got so side-tracked by the various guild quests that I completely forgot there even *was* a main quest for months. Honestly.

* Spells and magic are a huge part of Vvardenfell, and the number of potential spells to learn is staggering.

* There are some "nuisance animals" in the game. One species in particular, the Cliff Racer, can be expected to swoop down on the character at intervals of 15-45 seconds in most regions of the land. Fighting them is tedious, time-consuming, and reeeeally irritating after about the first hour, but they never go away.

* Nearly every single object in the land can be picked up/taken, including many books (some for increases in skills.) If you pick up someone else's property, though, you will be attacked and possibly killed.

* Occasionally, the game crashes for no reason. Sometimes, it knows exactly why it's crashing, and tells you: "[Something] happened. Sorry about that. The system will now crash. Have a nice day!" ARRRRGH!

* The main quest seems more like a sidebar to the rest of the game. The repetitive aspects of some of the main quest's trials are tiresome, although one can actually complete them in short order with the right strategies. It's great that one can keep playing when it's complete, too.

Despite its numerous flaws, this is an amazing game. My final impression is one of basic satisfaction. The most impressive features of Morrowind are its depth and complexity; there is very little a character cannot do here, and more than 100 hours of gameplay in which to do them. Bethesda Softworks has created something quite extraordinary with this game, and I applaud them for their efforts.

Also, what about Neverwinter Nights? Anyone have good/bad things to say about that game? Recommend it?

Spazz

0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject:  

Some of that stuff is true, but some of it isn't.. also some of it is true but very avoidable..

Yes that is morrowind.

The into song to morrowind is amazing. I love it. I can send you it if you have MSN Razz Battle Fatigue is annoying but its kinda only an issue when you fight someone who is PUNCHING you or you are BLOCKING with a shield, and if you increase certain skills you wont be fatigued IIRC.

The journal isn't really worth looking at in ANY game.

Hack and Slash combat is pretty much on any game similar to this.. if your a caster its different because you can teleport away from the person and cast shit at them, just like D2..

Once you Steal/Kill anyone/thing it is gone forever. So if you kill someone important, you're fucked unless you restart from the savepoint.. but honestly I doubt you can kill any of them without semi cheating anyway.. beacuse most of them are really tough except for some slave girl cat that goes wild and attacks you if you piss her off, but she's easy to not piss off because mostly you mock her or you don't..

"Hey slave girl those cuffs too tight?"
"YOU'RE UGLY"
"I should kill you for fun"
"Bend over"

type of things, or..

"You look sad, want a hug?"
"I like cats!"
"Your fur looks nice!"

Etc type of shit but just don't piss anyone off that looks important and you're good.

The things that swoop down are easily out ran.

The game does crash sometimes but only if you try to do too much, like throw ass tons of shit on the ground at once or junk like that, but its avoidable.

It is an amazing game, but its just like.. blah! at some points as most games are..

Spazz ends his ramble in 3...2...

Characters:

Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject:  

u really have to try em some of them out to know

i was so skeptical of wow..
and when i played it i liked it, then i hated it.. then i liked it again.

i thought id like baulders gate.. i hated it after 2 months..

its really a coin toss imo.

maybe goto an internet cafe and try out the games there, during slow time they might give you a cool run down of the game ad ull see
Vixen

BNet Acct/Realm: The 'Big Apple'
7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject:  

I'd go with Morrowind. It's pretty damn cool, I had a lot of fun playing on my friends character and Oblivion looks so damn awesome. (The game is basically THE reason I got Xbox360)

Only reason why i'm not still playing it is because when I went to make my own guy after spending a good two hours creating him I turned the game off by mistake - still not over that.

"Vixen's also the name of a reindeer"
MeshinLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject:  

jacques-strap wrote:
Quote:
GeForce 4 or better video card minimum to make playing at all efficient

heh in your dreams. I have a 6600GT, and im hoping i'm going to be able to run it. Geforce 4 won't be able to run it period. Geforce 5 series will have a hard time with it too.

check out these oblivion movies: http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/media_movies.htm

Jacques, you do understand that is them running it with maximum video aspects, those can be tuned down *GASP* imagen that, so yes a GeForce4 can run it, simply tune down graphics, now to run it the way they show it in trailers demos movies ect. GeForce 6 / better is required.

ugh.. and yeh i would highly recommend morrowind, if you live anywhere near virginia i could possibly send you a copy for xbox as i have an extra original copy. Anyways just try it out, its a GREAT game.

UsWest [NL]
*MeshinLLD
UsEast [NL]
*MeshinLLD
*Meshin
FudGe

BNet Acct/Realm: *MaStEr_FuDgE, jacquesstrap on D2JSP
2.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject:  

taken directly from the "will my computer run oblivion":

Rock Bottom (these cards do NOT support pixel shaders, and as such, won't run Oblivion)
(Any integrated graphics that's NOT listed elsewhere on here, save for any integrated Radeon or GeForce chips I forgot)
Radeon 7000 (Radeon VE)
GeForce 4 MX 4000
GeForce 256
GeForce 2 MX
Radeon 7200 (ATi Radeon)
GeForce 2 GTS
GeForce 2 Pro
GeForce 2 Ti
GeForce 2 Ultra
GeForce 4 MX 420
Radeon 7500
GeForce 4 MX 440

MeshinLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject:  

Well that really sucks then, but i think you know what i mean, you can MAKE things work, hell people told me a GeForce 2 Ti wasnt good enough to run WoW or everquest at full graphic potential.. and it does, sure i get a little bit of lag every 10 mins or so but it works.. im just saying because they SAY something wont work, dosent mean you cant make it work.

Plus as with alot of people not having systems like these, im sure somene will devolpoe a mod for it to remove pixel shading, just like there were mods for morrowind to increase graphics potential.

I guess we shall all find out whenever it gets released in the months to come.. Allthough thank you for providing this information, gives people a much better idea of what their system needs to be sure to run efficient, or as you say run at all ^_^

UsWest [NL]
*MeshinLLD
UsEast [NL]
*MeshinLLD
*Meshin
ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject:  

Yeah, I have the XBox version, so many of those things don't affect me (such as clicking on the text) but remember not to steal too much stuff or the game will crash! (And the saves will take up a lot of room if you steal too much too...)

Page 2 of 3 [40 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Jump to: