LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:46 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Hmm, I need an RPG suggestion
Page 1 of 3 [40 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject:  Hmm, I need an RPG suggestion  

I want a new game for Christmas, preferably for PC.

Something to get semi-into, not completely addicted, just something to last me over Christmas break and to not totally consume me during my next semester.

I love d2, I'll still play, but I want another fun RPG that I haven't played inside and out.

I don't want to pay monthly to play it. So WoW is pretty much out of the question unfortunately.

It does not have to be a great multiplayer game, but that would be a bonus. As long as it has great single player gameplay that isn't too confusing and has really good replay value, that's all I need.

By confusing, I mean, no games where you get hopelessly lost or stuck in some dungeon somewhere with no obvious way out or with some level 2393 Ogre of Halitosis guarding the only exit.

By great replay value, I mean something like D2 where you have several character choices, many different ways of developing that character, and a storyline and world that is fun to be immersed into and play over and over, which doesn't get overly boring or predictable.

I want a game where you can level up, find cool items, cast cool spells, and so on. And I have no idea where to start, as I have been mostly a one man D2 playing machine, and I don't know what the good RPGs are now. I don't necessarily need a new RPG, so an older (few years) game might be cool too.

So yeah, offer me your suggestions on a game that you think I may like, maybe tell me why you like it and why you think I'd like it, and so on. Also, I'd like it if it is readily available, and not something coming out after Christmas.

Thanks a ton guys. Very Happy

Knifer

BNet Acct/Realm: Hawaii/Oregon
1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject:  

MMORPG or single player? single player i have a bunch of emulaters so you can play old games on it like mario rpg, chrono trigger, ff7 etc. also have other snes, nes, and genesis games (DBZ hyper dimension, megaman, marios, super punch out, gain ground, altered beast, moonwalk Rolling Eyes .

not an rpg, but beatmania is fun if you ever played that. its like DDR with your fingers.

Knarl
You're Doomed

1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject:  

I'd like a little of both if possible. But I'd like good replay value with single player more than a spectacular multiplayer ability. But I'll entertain both kinds. If there's a game with good but not great single player action, and amazing multiplayer capability, I'd like that just fine. But I don't really want a strictly multi player game really. But hey, maybe I can be persuaded if it's really cool. Wink

Basically, I don't want to limit myself to one type of RPG, and miss out on a really cool game that doesn't fit my criteria. So throw some suggestions at me. Very Happy The main thing I want is replay value, whether single or multiplayer.

Also, I want something I can ask for as a Christmas present, so I don't really need emulators. And I never liked DDR. It scares me.

Chewie

BNet Acct/Realm: AWOL
16.10 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject:  

Have you tried maple story? Its free. It was really cool at first, for a week or two. Leveling gets a little tedious, though. There's a thread about it down there.

If not...it's not a RPG...or single player...but play gunbound with me! It's like Worms/Scortched earth but cartoonish...cute characters...haha...Multiplayer replayability is pretty good. We can make a LLD101 Guild!

Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject:  

id go oldschool in those cases knarl.
emulator and some zelda3 or maybe the old guantlet games Surprised

not multiplayer but eh...
best part is roms can be free

maybe a baulders gate? (although i HATE the DnD engine)

friends suggest aesherons call,iv never even heard of it (might be a subscription game though)

u can play WoW free for 1 month..... (ooh the temptation1!!!!!!! come on knarl!!!)
MeshinLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject:  

Morrowind might be a good game to play, or if you can find it, oblivion.

The newest addition to the elder scrolls series.

Morrowind has basicly infinite reply value, as with the ammount of mods out there for that game. And the almost limitless posibilitys of character choices and quests / missions to complete, if you dont want to go full head on into it, you could pick up just the ogirinal game at like a wall-mart or k-mart for $8.95 or so or buy a used copy at gamestop, or ebgames for $5-6 bucks. I bought classic morrowind game, bloodmoon, and tribunal in a bundle at gamestop for $19.95 then i went home and downloaded 30+ mods, well anyways worth a shot.

UsWest [NL]
*MeshinLLD
UsEast [NL]
*MeshinLLD
*Meshin
MeshinLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject:  

Also i have a character you can use if you have ever heard / played knightsonline

www.knightonlineworld.com

Level 48 or 52 something like that rogue who is unequiped, also have a mage i belive you can play as it was a friend who stopped playing last i heard. On my knight online account i got a mule full of scrolls i paid for, plus i have like $20 worth of knight cash still to spend on more scrolls or whatever, so you could easily power level a new character as well.

If your intrested in KO let me know in a pm and ill hook ya up.

peace bro.

-Mesh

p.s. sorry for double post im on school comps.. so it wont allow me to see the rest of the posts on your thread besides yours and i keep getting the DDR scores thing =/

UsWest [NL]
*MeshinLLD
UsEast [NL]
*MeshinLLD
*Meshin
Educated
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: West, NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject:  

as meshin said morrowind is extremly replayable How ever u just might end up in a dungeon w/ a lvl 2389 ogre guarding the only exit so Razz

but its a great game or if u have an x-box fable will keep u busy for a few days at the least or gaunlet 64 :O

one game i just thought of, imo the best ps2 game i've ever palyed was god of war.

dnd hero's ( Razz ) or if u actually hella bored buy d1 w/ hellfire

just imo.

FUDGEsicle wrote:
not neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd pie

ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject:  

Just played Fable at a friends house.

I thought it was very good. From what i could see a lot of different quests to take your pick from.

Its well worth at least 2 replays because in the game you can do really evil things to become a bad guy, or good deeds to become a hero [your characters looks and peoples reactions change accordingly]. Quite a fun game to play as well.

But yeah id prefer Morrowind over any other single player rpg.
FudGe

BNet Acct/Realm: *MaStEr_FuDgE, jacquesstrap on D2JSP
2.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject:  

Have you tried Morrowind? (third game in the Elder Scrolls series)

Or you could wait a little bit more for Oblivion (4th game coming out in the Elder Scrolls series)

Depending on how good your pc is, you might not be able to run Oblivion well. Morrowind should run well even on a poor system, but its a fun ass game.

Knarl
You're Doomed

1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject:  

I haven't tried Morrowind. Is it fun to play right out of the box without d/ling new mods and stuff for it? What is the gameplay like? Hack n' slash or more talking and DnD stuff?

Spazz
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:40 am    Post subject:  

Wait for Oblivion, morrowind is fun but the game will take you FOREVER if you do all the quests (Which are boring) and the landscape is so huge that it's like easy to get lost and stuff..

All I did in morrowind was rob houses and exploit bugs Razz
Chug 50x of those things that increase strength by 50 and you can 1 hit KO most anything in the game. Neutral That and stealing shit was fun..

Oblivion looks oMFg??? Wait for oblivion!

Account: -=-Spazz-=-
Realm: USEast
Characters:
Carousel - 57 Trap Assassin MLD

Knarl
You're Doomed

1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject:  

Spazz wrote:

When does it come out? What is good about it?

ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

BNet Acct/Realm: *ATOMICMAN-LLD USEastNL Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject:  

get wow Shocked

damn you for not playing wow

I am the bullet in the gun
I am the truth from which you run
I am a silencing machine
I am the end of all your dreams...
Inexorable

BNet Acct/Realm: TheSupplier, Cancerofdabowel
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject:  

Knarl wrote:
Spazz wrote:

When does it come out? What is good about it?

World of Warcraft. You can get xp via solo grinding(killing monsters) and questing, running with groups through instances(think dungeon) at levels 14+, or.. not playing for awhile and returning to the character(playing alternate characters, different game, etc)

Sure it looks cartoonish, but ask Jerkazoid, Atomicman, Spazz or anyone else on the WoW player list about how fun it is.

Knarl wrote:
Inexorable beat LittleKnarl, 4-3. Grumble grumble. My poor smiter.

Knarl wrote:
4-3 for inexorable again in melee. 10 life...pssh.

If you cannot take the heat....
Page 1 of 3 [40 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Jump to: