LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:34 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Level 29 Smiter
Page 1 of 2 [25 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
jujo

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject:  Level 29 Smiter  

I'm pondering what to put on a level 29 smiter that I'm thinking of making. Since AR is useless, the angelic things are worthless, so I was thinking two SOJs, not really sure as to the ammy. But what about the other gear? Can anyone help me out as to some guidance on the gear I should place on here? Also is holy freeze worth looking into? There are no real rules to this dueling, I LLD HC Ladder.

GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject:  

ias, fast painful hits don't give em enough time to save or if it's enough dmg not enough lvl lowerage for chicken.
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:48 am    Post subject:  

use 2 sojs and a +1 pally/life/res/dmg to mana ammy or similar. A good holy freeze will work better than a good fanat or concentration imo, so if you don't care about any rules, i would max holy freeze, smite, and holy shield
Phyre

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder SC
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject:  

Why would you max holy freeze? As far as I know, elemental damage doesn't carry over to smite so the only thing that increases per level of use to a smiter would be %slowed and radius.

At level 13 it hits 51% slowed. At level 22 its 55% slowed. I feel those points are somewhat wasted for a measly 4% more slow.

I have never used a frost melee character, so I don't know how important radius is 12 yards at level 13 and 18 yards at level 22. The radius continues to scale up with not too harsh diminishing returns but like I said, I don't know how important that really will be.

Spare points could go into a number of things, perhaps one point into the cold and lightning res auras, more into charge, or perhaps something else.
jujo

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: More questions :oP  

What weapon would be best fit? Would the The General's Tan Do Li Ga be worth it? 20% IAS and the Slows Target by 50%... Could work very well with holy freeze. Or maybe I would want to go with something with CB and DS, like a Gnasher Hand Axe or something to that extent!

Also, anyone know where I could shop for a 3 socket barbed shield?

Thanks for the replies everyone (o:
Delybrio

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast Nonladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:31 am    Post subject:  

Barbed Shields can have at most 2 Sockets.

So your best bet is to shop Anya for a Monk's Barbed Shield of Deflecting, and hope it gets 2 sockets.

As far as your weapon goes, your ideal one is a Monk's War Scepter of Swiftness with inherent + aura skills. Maybe if you're lucky you can manage one with Holy Shield too, but don't put money on it. Shop Drognan for this one.
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject:  

yah if u can get inheritd skills from that then double sheal it so u have 70 ias. or just get a 6 socket and 6 sheal it. u never know how fast those people could save on lad. and u know u want their ears.
jujo

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject:  

Thanks guys for the quick and intelligent responses, I love you. :D

I'm currently shopping for both of those right now, wish me luck!
Belarathon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject:  

If it takes you too long to find that scepter you can use 6 shael weapon in the mean time
tampax_ultra

BNet Acct/Realm: nj and Lehigh
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject:  

yea 6 sheal military pick +10 ias from bloodfist is a god combo for hitting the max frame for smiter

also if u are going for lvl 29 forget monks barbed of deflecting and just use rhyme barbed or a sick rare barbed

the cnb frozen on rhyme frees up your belt for dmg reduce from string

lehighbeta
Belarathon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject:  

please disregard the shield comment by my fellow lld peer
I have a smiter and i tried rhyme barbed on him and it took his dmg down quite a noticleable amount compared to rhyme barbed of deflect, and i would say a rare is even better, yes, as long as it has monks barbed of deflecting mods, with other mods as well, like dmg to mana or resists or enhanced defense, 2 sockets is all the better of course. and about the whole holy freeze thing, i would get it to about 50% whatever level that is, i didnt know the huge diminishing return on it, but i woul still say getting it to around 45-50% is well worth it. if you have extra pts you could put 1 to salvation for vs cold sorc or foh'er , or to help out team mates that have low res if you ever do team duels. if you're dueling in hc you definetly want to negate that cold mastery and conviction, so it might be worth putting 1 or 2 into salvation, or the cold/light res auras. just use infernostride + noko zan ammy vs fir for 95%fire res that works well and it stacks res too. Do you have any idea of the basic setup of items you are gonna wear? can you list the items you figure you'll wear here and we can make suggestions?
jujo

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: Hmm.  

Haven't really decided on all the gear yet. Probably bloodfists, a string, the Monk's Barbed Shield of Deflecting and the Monk's War Scepter of Swiftness if I can find those. Bootwise I will probably go with either Sander's or Cow King, not sure I have a pair of those laying around, last dueler died with them. :< I don't know what to put on for a helmet either. As for the armor I was thinking possible Rockfleece for the DR but I'm not to confident on that. I haven't been LLDing much, I'm kind of here for a bit of guidance. D:
Belarathon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject:  

For smiter I would say crushing blow in important. I think rattlecage is level 29 require? it has 25%crushing blow so you could look into that, or you could look into goblin toe light plated boots with 25%crushing blow. I would say either use rattlecage or twitch i think, and For helm probably use peasant crown. the +1 skill will help your dmg quite a bit and 20 vit/12 replenish life/15%frw isn't very bad either. You can just pruby it too for mroe life and it would add 98 to life on pally. I think goblin toe or cow king for +20 stats would be the coolest boots
jujo

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject:  

Yes. The Rattlecage has 25% CB, but that's pretty much it, other than OK defence. Twitch would probably be better, it has the ICB, FHR, and IAS, not to mention the +10 dex/str. Maybe I'm underestimating CB?
Tridge

BNet Acct/Realm: NO WTO!
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject:  

if this is hcxl public lld, why not go for level 30 so you could use hawk branded mod? that would gib you a few extra skills to your smite and hs.. also, why not just get a monks/hawk branded shield to pre-buff holy shield and use the rhyme barbed to duel, as it DOES free up the belt for use of SoE and helps damage out a little bit from not using it to duel (loss of what 30% damage if you pre-buff holy shield)... just my 2cents

T_T
Page 1 of 2 [25 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: