LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 7:52 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Where do I improve?
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
Inexorable

BNet Acct/Realm: TheSupplier, Cancerofdabowel
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject:  Where do I improve?  

My 29 zealot. It's setup is almost final, but I still feel I need to improve it somehow.

Skills:
13 Zeal
5 Sacrifice
12 Concentration
1 Might
1 Blessed Aim

Stats:
67 Strength(Enough to use Non-eth Knouts after Twitch/Sander's)
43 Dexterity(Same as above + Angelic's)
105 Vitality(Rest of the stats were dumped here)
Base Energy

Gear:
Helm 1: Visionary Great Helm of the Sun, 47 Max
Helm 2: Rare Death Mask: Visionary, 10% FHR, 2 Sockets, 18 Life, 67% Enhanced Defense, currently socketed with a pair of 15Max/10 Resist all jewels
Armor: 20Max Twitch
Weapons: Eth Honor Knouts, with a 14% Superior Eth Honor Knout for serious dueling
Gloves/Belt: Death's
Jewelry: Angelics
Boots: Sander's
Shield: 65ed/111AR Crown Shield, 89 Max

Switch: Currently Spirit Rondache, 40 resist all inherent, and a +1 Holy Shield grand scepter. I'm 1 strength shy of my +4 HS Divine(only got 1 socket for a Hel)

Charms:
Grands: 10max/69AR, 10/68/12%fhr, 9/72/12% fhr
Smalls:
3/16/9
3/10/11
3/17/6
2/12/8
3/17/5
3/16/7
3/10/14
2/14/13
3/10/8
3/10/15
2/17/15
2/10/8
3/20/8
3/11/14
3/18/12
2/10/15
2/12/12
2/19/11
2/19/10
3/16/11
2/11/15
3/20/11
3/18/6
3/13/7
2/15/13
3/10/11
2/19/15
2/20/14
3/19/11
3/15/14
3/10/13

With a regular eth honor knout, non-superior, I'm pulling the following numbers:
357-2529 Damage
(376-2572 with the 14% superior eth honor knout)
6054 Attack Rating
828 Life
Max Block before Holy Shield(I use HS for a bit of extra defense, and the block speed)
5-Frame Zeal, Range 3
44% FHR with the Great Helm, 54% FHR with the Rare helm.

My questions now are as follows: Is it worth it to drop a little bit of life to swap in a FHR sc for the last bit of fhr I'd need with the great helm, or should I be more patient and acquire another 9-10max/65+ar/12% FHR GC to cover the gap?

Where do I squeeze out that last bit of damage I'm looking for? I'm trying to hit 2600 Max Damage with BOTH knout setups, superior and non-sup, and have a relatively limited amount of time and resources.

Alternately, is it worth resocketing the rare death mask with jewels comparable to, or better than those in the great helm? That would imply either another 23 and 24 max, or 2x 24max. Once again, time and resource limitations apply. Note that this route would also take care of my FHR need.

There isn't a good way for me to squeeze more life out of this build, save for rebuilding to only use eth knouts, which would only save me 10 dexterity. The next build will have one higher strength than the current one so I can use that 4HS Divine, unless I can get ahold of either a rare shield with +1 Paladin skills on it, or a Steelclash that I can socket with a +str jewel.

Can I improve any more, and how difficult will it end up being?

Knarl wrote:
Inexorable beat LittleKnarl, 4-3. Grumble grumble. My poor smiter.

Knarl wrote:
4-3 for inexorable again in melee. 10 life...pssh.

If you cannot take the heat....
Tydus
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject:  

Get a good defence and good block spirit pally sheild. Then remake and get fanat. Get 2x Sojs and either a +2 off aura or +2 pcombat ammy with dex since your usin a crazy fast wepon already.
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject:  

I would rebuild to use the +4 HS Divine Scepter since you'd save more dex that way (unless you already have max block with base dex and twitch and the 1 HS scepter, then dont' worry about it. I'd also put 2 maxers in the death mask and use it as the main since the "of the sun" suffix doesn't really add enough ar to out-prioritize 10 FHR, 18 life, and much higher defense. If you want to reeaaally perfect your zealot though, you should try to wait for a really circlet that's something like +1 pally skills (or the ed)/2 os/visionary/fhr/ed/life which is what I would imagine as the ideal pally helm, but if you dont' want that, you could try to shop an artisan's death mask of balance and put high maxes into that.

For your damage to break 2.6k I would just improve your 2 max charms to 3 max little by little and try to replace the 20 max twitch with a 23-24 max twitch, which should probably solve your problem.

If you ever got your hands on a +3 Zeal divine scepter I would probably use that sinec your AR looks a little low if you're up against a conc barb (I don't know about conc barbs on west but there are at least 4 conc barbs on east nl who have 10k+ defense while concing), and it'd improve your damage pretty well too.

As for your life, I think it's fine as it is build-wise, as I said earlier, just continue improving your charms little by little over time, there's no shortcut around that unless you're filthy, stinkin' rich and can buy them for dozens of HRs each so people will flock to you to get at your wealth. You're missing potentially 108 life from your charms which is a good chunk but no one's expecting all 3/20/15's, so I'd say you can get at least a good 80 life if you just keep working at it, not to mention a bunch of damage since zeal multiplies each 1 max by a lot if you're getting 3/xx/14-15's to replace the 2/xx/10-13's.

I'm not very familiar with west economy and if people actually pay for 3/xx/14-15's or 23-24 max jewels in pubby games, but one thing you can do to try to bring in these goodies that I find really useful (I'm already racking up on the 3/xx/14-15's this season on ladder Twisted Evil) is making a game titled "brg 3-20-15 sc" or "brg 24max jewel" and afk in it overnight. The next day just message everyone who came in and pick up all the hits, and voila time is saved! (note: you probably won't get more than one 3/xx/14-15 or 24 max jewel every night or two, but some nights you'll get 3-4 if west is anything like east!)

Welllll, hope that helped a little bit, best of luck to your zealot endeavors, I wish I could've dueled you with my melees but unfortunately there's a whole realm separating us!

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

BNet Acct/Realm: *ATOMICMAN-LLD USEastNL Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject:  

considering hes trying to stay within lld101 rules that is a terrible idea

maybe consider dumping a few more points into sac to get the extra damage

as for the fhr, it depends if you get stunned alot during a duel if not keep the fhr you have now (bps are 48% and 86%)

as for the helms i would resocket that mask with better jewels and use it full time since it has some more def and a lil life

as for the scepter i think its worth the 1 str to get the extra blocking (which gives up more dex for vit) and gives you more def

as for your charms you have a 3/17/5, a 3/xx/2 str would be better (2 str=6 life) but i would try to swap for more life atleast more than 6

your twitch could be better if its not 60 str i would get one and dump a lil better jewel in it like a 22 or 23

now back to fhr

i wouldnt use much fhr unless you were dueling against ranged/casters or smiters, i would keep them stashed but try to get more small charms with second mods =/ but remember you can get stunned if you take more than 10% of your life in damage (i think its 10%) so the fhr can be needed inbetween zeals because it is 5 frams for zeal but its prolly more like 10/5/5/5/5 frame attack sequence, kickers, smiters, 4 frame zealots, wolves, and other fastrt attacking chars can get you to do a fhr animation sequence in that time

I am the bullet in the gun
I am the truth from which you run
I am a silencing machine
I am the end of all your dreams...
skulmaster

BNet Acct/Realm: Skulmaster
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject:  

Maybe a silly idea, but have you tried crafting a blood helm?
These can have 10% deadly strike and add 20 life as base stats,
2 sockets and fhr are also avaible. And I think DS > AR, or am I mistaking?
Also each point in Blessed Aim gives a passive 5% + AR bonus.
Inexorable

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject:  

skulmaster wrote:
Maybe a silly idea, but have you tried crafting a blood helm?
These can have 10% deadly strike and add 20 life as base stats,
2 sockets and fhr are also avaible. And I think DS > AR, or am I mistaking?
Also each point in Blessed Aim gives a passive 5% + AR bonus.

I've mulled around the idea of a blood helm, but I'd want it to have Visionary and 2 sockets. The lowest level I can pull that off at is 34.

Tydus: I'm keeping the zealot at 29. I don't give a shit about level 30+ builds.

Soaring: I do currently have max block with the +1HS/Spirit/twitch/etc. I'm kinda leaning away from a Divine Scepter as my main weapon, as when I drop range 3 my performance diminishes greatly. As far as charms/jewels go, I guess that'll just take time. Edit: 10k def conc barbs don't seem to bother me all that much. I did just fine against Chasing's def concer. Wink

Knarl wrote:

Knarl wrote:

ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject:  

Cancerofdabowel wrote:
I've mulled around the idea of a blood helm, but I'd want it to have Visionary and 2 sockets. The lowest level I can pull that off at is 34.

you sure its 34?

I am a silencing machine
Inexorable

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject:  

ATOMICMAN wrote:
Cancerofdabowel wrote:

you sure its 34?

Visionary: 18
+10 (Crafted item)
+3 (Visionary)
+3 (Mechanic's)

34, unfortunately.

Knarl wrote:

Knarl wrote:

ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject:  

i thought it was just plain +10

I am a silencing machine
Inexorable

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject:  

No sir, I did some research and then asked around here for an answer, that was what I received. Ah well.

Knarl wrote:

Knarl wrote:

ChasingChickens

BNet Acct/Realm: *Chasingchickens, *LegendofRooster
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject:  

I'm not to sure what the % increase on damage from additional points in zeal is (I've been using barbs too long), but to make up the damage you could just alter points from zeal to sacrafice, then again you've prob already done the math, just sharing the only other thing I could think of that hasn't been mentioned.

iso: 18 max/-15 req jewel
20+max damage jewels
3/ar/life scs
ed/max jewels
Standard LLD Currency (15 lifers, 15 maxers, SoJ's, Runes, etc etc)
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: