LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 6:45 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
goldfinder build questions
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
T_Maldo

BNet Acct/Realm: USA. Cal
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject:  goldfinder build questions  

okay, im not sure if this goes in the lld discussion forum because hes doingit for lld, or general becuse he is lvl 49, but here goes:

2x dual lemmed ali baba swords
"Wealth" anciant armor
Angelic ring and amulet
Dwarf star ring
Immortal king helm with lem and p amythyst
Infernostride boots
Chanceguard chain gloves
Goldwrap belt
7x combat (barb) gcs
2x mastery gcs
1x shimmering gc (15 resists)

Skill Layout:
Maxed sword mastery
16-17 pts into whirlwind
6 pts into natrual resistance (i have really bad resists)
1 point into iron skin-increased stam/speed
1 pt into all prereqs
7 points into BO

Stat layout is usual, str/dex for gear rest into vit

Merc: insight bec-de-corbin
Eth dusk shroud Stone armor
Perfect amythyst vampgaze
(Might)

My problem is my damage, and how much damage i can take. I know i should change out my weapons and armor, (or at least 1 ali baba)
but my other problem is what to change it to without losing too much goldfind. help would be much appreciated. thx u.
heprea
pokemon fanatic

BNet Acct/Realm: europe laddars
8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject:  

u should have good weapon in slot2 to first dmg them and when they are low in hp put your slot1 with alibabas on

Knifer

BNet Acct/Realm: Hawaii/Oregon
1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject:  

http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14475&start=0

Knifer wrote:
Heres my goldfind barb, finds about half a mil in one trav run Wink

Name: IPwnCorpses

Wep1: Ebotd CB
Shield1: Cham'd SS
Wep2: 6 Lem Naga
Wep3: 6 Lem Naga
Armor1: CoH Archon
Armor2: Wealth Mage Plate
Helm: Lem'd Crown of Thieves
Ring1: Dwarf
Ring2: Dwarf
Amulet: basically anything you can find, hes using a duped one with stats and +2
Gloves: Chance
Belt: Goldwrap
Boots: Infernostride

Inventory: gold gcs, Gheed, gold scs, and wealth

Skills are something like 20 conc, 20 bo, 20 sword mast, 10 bash, 15 find item

res is 85/75/75/45 with CoH with 30% fire absorb

total gold find = 2288% if i added it correctly

basically you go in hell trav, kill council and pwn their corpses Twisted Evil

its way easier to have a separate char for the gold finding and the rares. it kinda messes up the gambling probablilities when you accidentally level.

T_Maldo

BNet Acct/Realm: USA. Cal
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject:  

Actually it wasnt accidental, i was trying to balance out the power of my barb and the % chance to gamble a +2 skill tree circlet/item, and i believe 47 is right on the money. 49 is just so my merc could use stone and insight, and so i could gain a few more dmg/resists. This barb is actually made from a bunch of items laying around my mules (much like a post ive read from a member names Rorick) so i tried to peice it together to make a huge goldfind runner. and apparenly i've failed bigtime. (i've also not got the time for that kind of xferring, that being im too lazy =.=
Zeiris-lld

BNet Acct/Realm: siriez, siriez2, zeiris-lld, zeiris, zeiris1
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject:  

I wouldn't stop at 49 but go all the way to, say, 90. That way you can run hell trav (500K per run with decent equipment) and gamble for high level stuff as well. The trick, I find, is to forget about using your barb to make kills. Focus on supporting your merc - go all out on warcries.

I currently have a level 89 barb with 2x 6lem weapons, (ethereal crystal swords Very Happy) wealth, 2x dwarf stars, hotspur boots, lemlem arreat helm, chance guards, a rare goldfind belt, and gheeds. On switch are BO sticks and an Edge bow for the -15% to vendor prices. The merc is using a crown of thieves (um), an eth bonehew (amn amn), and a treachery armour. (The 45%IAS means I can stick life leech runes into the weapon while still getting a faster attack.) Averages ~500K gold per hell trav run... His resists aren't maxed, but with liberal use of leap he stays alive.

Something I've realised is that leap is THE greatest crowd control skill of all time. Make an SP char with level 20 leap then go into the travincial temple and start hopping... You'll see what I mean. I haven't tested this fully, but I think that with maxed leap you could do hell trav with -100 res all and survive. It seems WAY more effective than any of the warcries.

Retired: Haruspex (30/fissure) Kukamunga (30/hammerdin) Bungabunga (30/charge) NoPotsJustHax (30/regen/charge) AllMyShootings (30/enchant/bowmerc) CapnCapslock (27/mindblast/hammer) Salamander (19/fireball HC disposa-PK) ForgottenName (18/range 5 basher)
Equipped: leaper (14/doublethrow) Flayer (33/firetrapper)
meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject:  

Zeiris-lld wrote:
I wouldn't stop at 49 but go all the way to, say, 90. That way you can run hell trav (500K per run with decent equipment) and gamble for high level stuff as well. The trick, I find, is to forget about using your barb to make kills. Focus on supporting your merc - go all out on warcries.

I currently have a level 89 barb with 2x 6lem weapons, (ethereal crystal swords Very Happy) wealth, 2x dwarf stars, hotspur boots, lemlem arreat helm, chance guards, a rare goldfind belt, and gheeds. On switch are BO sticks and an Edge bow for the -15% to vendor prices. The merc is using a crown of thieves (um), an eth bonehew (amn amn), and a treachery armour. (The 45%IAS means I can stick life leech runes into the weapon while still getting a faster attack.) Averages ~500K gold per hell trav run... His resists aren't maxed, but with liberal use of leap he stays alive.

Something I've realised is that leap is THE greatest crowd control skill of all time. Make an SP char with level 20 leap then go into the travincial temple and start hopping... You'll see what I mean. I haven't tested this fully, but I think that with maxed leap you could do hell trav with -100 res all and survive. It seems WAY more effective than any of the warcries.

How can you kill with those stuff?

Hammer pally is the most safe, easy, cheap and efficient gold finder.
shako
Mara amulet
2 Lem alibaba
wealth armor
HOZ
Chanceguard glove
2 dwarfstar
goldwrap belt
infernoride (the boots anyway)
unique grand and small charm
3 30+ gold find/resis grand charms
3 10 gold find/resis small charms

With these you will have near max resis, decent hammer damage, and about 1200-1300 gold find, and 4x6 space for you to pick up stuff to sell. And you run fast with max vigor, that alone save you a lot of time for the run. Anyway, I end up with averagely 300k gold/2minutes run. And while you are doing it, you don't need to pay close attention, meaning you can make phone calls or watching TV. Razz
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject:  

Laughing The watch TV GF Pally...has a nice ring to the name Laughing Exclamation

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Zeiris-lld

BNet Acct/Realm: siriez, siriez2, zeiris-lld, zeiris, zeiris1
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject:  

The thing about a GF barb is you don't kill - your merc does. The most you do is support your merc with hopping/warcries if he can't solo the place.

I used a hammerdin to GF at first, but a barbarian is WAY better. Why? Two words: Find Item. Even MORE gold + even MORE items = win. Downside is you've got to select a merc weapon with no cold damage. Also two weapons = more goldfind, natural res = more res, and leap+warcries are great for merc support.

Retired: Haruspex (30/fissure) Kukamunga (30/hammerdin) Bungabunga (30/charge) NoPotsJustHax (30/regen/charge) AllMyShootings (30/enchant/bowmerc) CapnCapslock (27/mindblast/hammer) Salamander (19/fireball HC disposa-PK) ForgottenName (18/range 5 basher)
Equipped: leaper (14/doublethrow) Flayer (33/firetrapper)
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: