LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 14, 2024 3:53 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
SCAMS to watch out for
Page 1 of 2 [23 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject:  SCAMS to watch out for  

OK saw this suggested in a post and thought I'd start off with a couple that I fell for when I first bought my DII cd and the birds were chirping, all the people in the blizzard realms were nice and helpful...then...SQUASH! Twisted Evil My perfect world...shattered!

3 I fell for... Embarassed embarrassing but, I'll admit it!

Scam #1: Someone uses a real shako and enters my "all 4 shako" game. They patiently wait till I fill the screen with noob uniqs then say "sec k...need to make room". They come back with white shako that has a pemerald socketed into it (to make it green just like a shako) and say I just want xx item, yy item, zz item (all the best stuff of course) and being the noob that doesn't double check I hit the trade button! Now I'm stuck with a helm that adds dex! Weeeee! They get decent MLD type items! not good..Pwnd! Embarassed

Scam #2: Someone befriends me and even gives me free items. When u are new even rattlecage seems godly Rolling Eyes ! A week of me helping him xfer, he gives me more noob uniqs...I drool cuz I've never seen these before...wow...razorswitch jostaff it's godly! OMG...best mf helm ever...tarnhelm...thx bro!!! Holy Jesus...a dwarf star ring...omfg...didn't know they made brown rings! A real life friend gets the game also and becomes rich via ebay, etc. and gives me some low ebotd zerkers and a nigma. Week old friend says "dude I have a barb...can I try them on quick to see what my damage will be u can trust me remember all that godly stuff I gave u?" not good..Pwnd! Embarassed

3rd SCAM: The old "drop game" scam! OK..I'm prolly the only dumbass that fell for this on this site...but oh well. Famous with anni, gheed, and torch trades since those can't be put into the trade screen. I got scammed by the sorc outside of town thing where a sorc says u drop outside of town and I'll drop in town next to a wall so u can see I'm not scamming u. Sorc drops, I drop he runs, I run...he teles back to town and gets it before I do cuz he's wearing like 200% frw gear! Nigma pallys do the same thing using vigor. lots of variations of this scam...bottom line never drop shit for anyone EVER! not good..Pwnd For Last Time! Embarassed

2nd scam is more complicated since it would involve working with someone for a little bit before ripping them off for all their best stuff. But, after that I never fell for another scam other than falling for a few trades involving poofing runes!

I don't know if this is true or not...but I heard that if someone moves a rune around in the trade screen that it can't be duped. In other words, I see rune f/t and tell the guy...move it around plz...he does and it proves it is not a dupe. Is this true (for those that understand duped runes). If it's not true then I seem like a real dumbass lately cuz I been telling everyone to do it... Laughing

I also know that some sites sell scam programs that deal specifically with scamming people by using tele in town and by some sort of tradescreen scam that I don't quite understand. Bottom line...be careful and stick to trading with friends or reputable people. Always double check stuff before hitting the trade button. Be SLOW to click that button. Never drop stuff. YOu should be ok if u follow those 2 simple rules.

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
coatol2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: SCAMS to watch out for  

wfg-dude wrote:

Scam #1: Someone uses a real shako and enters my "all 4 shako" game. They patiently wait till I fill the screen with noob uniqs then say "sec k...need to make room". They come back with white shako that has a pemerald socketed into it (to make it green just like a shako) and say I just want xx item, yy item, zz item (all the best stuff of course) and being the noob that doesn't double check I hit the trade button! Now I'm stuck with a helm that adds dex! Weeeee! They get decent MLD type items! not good..Pwnd! Embarassed

I did the same thing, in .09, but it was a windforce and i had a few higher end items(Shako and a few more items like that, which was alot at the time since i was poor)

wfg-dude wrote:
I don't know if this is true or not...but I heard that if someone moves a rune around in the trade screen that it can't be duped. In other words, I see rune f/t and tell the guy...move it around plz...he does and it proves it is not a dupe. Is this true (for those that understand duped runes). If it's not true then I seem like a real dumbass lately cuz I been telling everyone to do it... Laughing

That's not true, you can moves dupes as much as you want,but the "moving an item around the screen" thing was a trade hack in .09 i believe.

Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject:  

Yep, it was a trade hack on 1.09 which I lost lightsabre to. Also lost items because I traded for a hex but he had no room and yada yada yada... got a 5 res sc (still not that bad, at the time i was pissed... could have been worse.)

I lost items to friend scam a couple of times...almost lost to the drop anni sc and whatever, but I had someone try that anni scam on me but my paly had vigor aura and the other guy was jsut a bit slower than me, so I was able to get the anni for a lightning skiller... he was pissed and kept telling me to trade back.
lld_wanabee

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject:  

I lost myself a 40 hoto to this scam, trying to trade for a torch when they first came out:

I make a game, bring pally torch.
several people enter
I go to trade screen and show them my 40 hoto
he sais ok, and go to act 2
we go to the palace, i got inside near the balcony. He goes along the side so tha we are seperated by the 2 floors.
We both drop our stuff, him the toch me the 40 hoto.
we both make our way to the midpoint, when i get their he runs back and hid friend (who has been making his way to the harram comes up the stairs and takes the hoto.
Bye, bye hoto, i dont believe i fell for it Embarassed
Zeiris-lld

BNet Acct/Realm: siriez, siriez2, zeiris-lld, zeiris, zeiris1
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject:  

My policy is, never drop-trade. Ever. The amount of drop/tele hacks out there is silly, and 1.11 doesn't change much. Even without hax, there's still many ways to scam (low level nec/barb/paladin with teleport staff, anyone?)

Paranoia is the order of the day.
OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

BNet Acct/Realm: OutlawHeaven/OutlawHvn @USEast@Azeroth@AIM
12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject:  

Hehe...i remember the o'l drop games. Especially when i was noob and didnt know a thing called pickit or lots of frw existed -.-

Also,..i got scamed by using a merc. The scammers gets u to trust him somehow, get you to drop stuff outside of town, then hostile you, and kill you naked. Meh -.-

Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject:  

There are a few that involve join our clan type of games where they say they all share their best items but as a showing of trust dropp all your items outside etc.. then they kill you.. not good.

The moveing the item around the screen thing was because there used to be a program that uploaded said image of say a soj always in one place when in fact it could just be a mana pot... the thing was if you asked them to move it the picture only worked in one area. Got done for that one once.

1.10 had a trade screen hack i think, i never encountered it but apparently it crashed your diablo 2 whilst in trade screen butr also drop all your items first. (I still think this requires you to have downloaded some crud program)

I once heard of a HC scam wich used the word colour hack. Which involved typing *name*: was slain by Rakanishu. (using that brown colour)
but gets killed by still hosted player *name* who loots him or something or other.

What was that one where they say type aacnt//password to blizz_ladder or something alongthose lines to find out what ranking you are on ladder.. etc.
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject:  

hahah making myself rich in early 1.1 with the anin drop hack wafs fucking oawwsome. i don't siee it so bad, it teachies new gu7ys to be carefuls. seree what we didd.1?
OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

BNet Acct/Realm: OutlawHeaven/OutlawHvn @USEast@Azeroth@AIM
12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject:  

dsm-hades wrote:
What was that one where they say type aacnt//password to blizz_ladder or something alongthose lines to find out what ranking you are on ladder.. etc.

Ahh,...i never fell for it, but my friend did =/ It's the ol' /donotdisturb trick

Vixen

BNet Acct/Realm: The 'Big Apple'
7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject:  

I think I can remember one of my friends tricking hsi friend into dropping an SOJ, then he used Telekinesis to pick it up. This was waaaaay back though..

"Vixen's also the name of a reindeer"
DDRFreak

BNet Acct/Realm: uswest sc [L]
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:03 am    Post subject:  

i got body popped right when i started, lost my full isenhorns set that i worked for WEEKS to achieve! i cried for hours Laughing

also right when i got D2 i was fresh out of D1, where you could download a program in a heartbeat and dupe something, or take it to the edge of town, and potion dupe it.... while, since then i figured out what was going on, but somebody asked me to go to trade screen, and gave me an occy ring (uswest, in 1.09), and said thanks for the perm (which i since have come to understand).

well, the very next game i join what luck!!! a guy can dupe for me! sweet... i give him the ring, he says "alright, anything else you need duped?" no thanks, thats all i have. "alright, be right back" i was waiting in that game for like 2 hours before i realized i got scammed Shocked

i also fell victim to every type of hardcore trick EVER!!! i was turned on to speed bowzons before i ever fell victim, and i don't recall ever getting tppk'd, but the one vivid one i remember is getting tk'd. enchanted act 1 merc outside doing 6k dmg, druid casting spirit between you and zon, shoots through spirit and kills you in town Sad lost perfect travs and shako on HC. i was also in game when a lvl 96 enigma paladin got tppk'd XD his name was "WontReachHell", and he got tppk'd by a GODLY cold sorc, +3 cold/20fcr/2 soc helm with 5/5 facets, perfect ice blast ormus, fathom, etc.... hit pally with 3 ice blasts, slivered him right as listor spawned XD minions instantly killed him so no ear Razz

sorry to turn this into anecdote thread Razz couldn't help sharing my fun stuff ^^

Previously *UC-LLD *UC-BigJohnson (friend(s) playing them as of 9/3/06)*USNavy currently NEW LADDER *USSHueCity
Meegz ?

BNet Acct/Realm: *meegz @ east ladder
39.74 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject:  

i got hit with a town tele pally. he had nigma in inv and put it on when i dropped some rune inside town and was running to grab that anni. got me a bit pissed, but oh well. my fault. ive done the shako thing mentioned with rattlecage quite a few times, as well as saying griz armor is ik armor when they were going for insane prices at beginning of 1.10. one of the best things that wasnt actually a scam was the way i got an anni on my zealot. some guys rushed a cs zon of mine and i was showing them my stuff (they got cocky, had to put them into place) and one of them goes "you got anni?' and drops his on the ground. having no room in inv, i pretend i didnt hear him, ask him to repeat and when he does it FOR A SECOND TIME i grab the thing. he was pissed! but i told him it taught him valuable lesson.
Napalm loves the little children of the world.
Observer

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject:  

i miss drop games.. .. i drop you drop type games.. god those where fun.. haha. specially those games where EVERYONE was using pickit..

hmm.. scams..

ive scammed a couple scammers a few times.. they are funny.. they try and scam you, but mess up.

ive probably been through every possible scam in the game, and writting all of it would be like writing a short novel.

Lvl 30 FireBall Sorc (DECEASED)
Lvl 37 Bow Zon (DECEASED)
In Progress:
Lvl 30 Pnova Nec (DECEASED)
Vixen

BNet Acct/Realm: The 'Big Apple'
7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject:  

Never got PKed on HC ONCE.

But i'm guessing the sorc was Intarweb, he's a notrious Pker on HCL east, or was.

Last time I checked though he chickened out of a duel with one of the other ubers (Rydia)...

"Vixen's also the name of a reindeer"
Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject:  

Never got PKed on hc once.... this to me sounds like a double negative and dosn't make to much sense to me but i b drunkedf.,
Page 1 of 2 [23 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: