LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 21, 2024 9:19 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
my first post. thinking about lvl 25 kicker.
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
Jennifer

BNet Acct/Realm: StompToMyBeat05
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject:  my first post. thinking about lvl 25 kicker.  

hello, i've been playing d2 on and off for quite a while now. i've been reading these forums since feb or march of 2004. my brother used to have a pretty good lld kicker. well, it was more like mld. he had a lvl 35 and 42. Gaara-sama and Strike-Ninja, i believe. he caught my attention when he started taking down lvl 85+ characters. i've been watching him play and learning everything there is to know about kickers.

now i am interested in making my own kicker Very Happy my brother stopped playing a while ago and his characters expired T_T. i just started playing d2 again a couple weeks ago. i basically have nothing. the only lld items i have that are worth mentioning are:

large charm
req lvl 21
+5 max
+23 ar
+3 dex

jewel
+7 max
12% dtm

ok, about my potential kicker. my brother pumped vitality with his. he had some small life charms and some +5 str and +5 dex large charms. his damage wasnt too high but he had a lot of life. i was thinking about pumping str and using charms for life. i read somewhere that str adds to crushing blow or something? some hidden thing. i made my kicker using a character editor thing. i didnt really know how to use it but here are the stats and equipment (roughly):

equip:
strength x2
4 socket ornate plate (4 perfect purple gems)
3 socket death mask (3 perfect purple gems)
rare war boots
angelic rings and amulet
not sure about gloves or belt

inventory:
all small life charms (it will take a while to get them)

stats:
270 str
30 dex
40 vit
25 energy

skills:
20 dragon talon
1 dragon claw
1 dragon tail
1 dragon flight
1 claw mastery
2 burst of speed
7 weapon block

hm...that comes out to 33 skill points. i'm not sure if that's right because i'm only lvl 25. oh well, i'll fix that later.

dragon talon damage: 385-670
dragon flight damage: 344-605

life: depends on charms (800+ life if inventory is all +13 life scs, since +15 scs are expensive)
mana: 60 -_-'

i'm thinking this build will be good against casters. it will probably suck at melee since weapon block is only 46%. well, i have to go now. i'm still in act 1 hell with my main character, lol. everything is immune to fire and my sorc cant handle it. let me know what you think about this build. if it's been done before, let me know how it worked out. thanks ^_^

Last edited by Jennifer on Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject:  

well there some issues u need to adress first

IK is not lvl 25 gear
claw claw = bad blocking, but good for anti caster
crushing blow only Xfers from main weapon, so 2 strength claws is redundant unless your doing it for str/vit only
also thats not enough mana. and dont spend soo much on str.. only hit what you need imo (125) the FUll str kicker is less effective vs more diverse opponents

also we have quite alot of kicker info already posted and discussed.
heres a good one
http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11824&highlight=kickers

and this one started it all
http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8&highlight=kickers

Jennifer

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject:  

oops. forgot about the IK req. i wasnt thinking >_<
oh, i read those threads a while ago. sorry, it's been a while.
Jennifer

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject:  

i remember now...i was going to try to find some good rare war boots. not sure about the gloves or belt yet. gah...now i'm confused. i might as well try to remake my brother's characters since i remember everything he used. he started making his kicker back when they were relatively new. i believe he did some dueling / testing with Phyre. that was actually me a few times.
ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

BNet Acct/Realm: *ATOMICMAN-LLD USEastNL Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject:  

what realm you play on im sure someone here would be willing to finish off your sins rush

I am the bullet in the gun
I am the truth from which you run
I am a silencing machine
I am the end of all your dreams...
Jennifer

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject:  

Atomic, i am on East Ladder. Jerkazoid, thanks for the tips. i plan to make at least 3 kickers eventually: 25, 35, 42.
DiPLOMAT

12.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject:  

Jennefer when you finish your sin, Pk my 30kicker =], i would like to see how your build goes.... that is if your ae uswest NL
XX-DiPLOMAT-XX
ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

BNet Acct/Realm: *ATOMICMAN-LLD USEastNL Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject:  

Jennifer wrote:
Atomic, i am on East Ladder.

i think that puts an end to your dueling dreams diplomat

I am the bullet in the gun
I am the truth from which you run
I am a silencing machine
I am the end of all your dreams...
Phyre

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder SC
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject:  

Interesting.

A pleasure to meet you Jennifer. I remember many good times with your brother back when we were testing kickers. Say hi to him for me.

Sadly, I didn't really get into the Ladder season this time around but if you ever need any advice or help on East NL I'd be glad to help. I'll be around on AIM more than any other means of communication if you need some help or anything.

As for your current listed build, I would definately recommend getting shield block if you want to be versatile. Also, try getting your hands on some +1 shadow disciplines claws for prebuffing your Burst of Speed. A level 4 BoS with 10% ias from gear should get you to max kick speed. For your gloves, I would recommend Bloodfists for the nice boost to life, fhr, and the 10% ias you need for max kick speed. You could probably find a pretty nice rare belt with as much stats and life as you can find to go with it. Another option is to go with Death's gloves and belt which is a bit overkill on the IAS needed but I believe it adds some decent res.

SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject:  

Nice, I remember Gaara well. He was one of the three kickers on S1 who left a strong impression, along with Phyre's and Forreste's. Oh, and a few of Phyre's "disciples" weren't so bad either, too.

As far as kickers go, I think one of their virtues is the degree of flexibility an effective build can achieve. I'm unsure if kickers have enough freedom to tap into that potential at level 25, but I guess we make best with what we've got, eh? Anyway, for versatiliy purposes, I would suggest you get enough dexterity for max block with a shield, preferrably a Grim Shield, and have several item switches in the inventory, like 6 Eth Crowbill for high defense characters, 2 +1 Shadow claws with resist jewels for casters, and a range 5 weapon to deal with smiters.

In my experience, one of the most effective techniques against casters is to lay Wake of Fire traps across the dueling area, and when the caster walks into into that area, mind blast them to get them into stunlock animation. That'll keep them still for a few seconds, enough for you to Dragon Flight on them and kick them a few times, and if necessary, further stunlock them with more traps and Mind Blasts.

Anyway, I hope that helped some, and if you wouldn't mind dueling a level 30 CS Zon, I'll have one up in a few weeks, or if you just want any more advice or to play with a fellow LLDer on Ladder, send me a whisper on *QuiRo. Wink

As for Phyre - that's quite a shame you didn't get into S3 Ladder, I was hoping to see some familiar faces or friendly new ones this season. Sad Ah well, if you ever find enough time and motivation to come play on ladder, just drop me a line and I will be happy to help set you up with some MF gear to make the starting process easier!
Phyre

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder SC
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject:  

I'll you that offer in mind KC, perhaps when I have more time on my hands I'll join you.

As for the WoF thing, it isn't really too doable in my experience due to the mana costs. My 35 can't make effective use of WoF+MB with a soj for extra mana, I doubt a 25 could. About the only possibly effective thing to do with WoF at our level is to try to dodgelock zons with it.

Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: