LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:35 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Can anyone help me with starcraft?
Page 2 of 3 [37 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject:  

do people still use maphack in starcraft? Sad
and i won;t understand any sentence with a starcraft abbreviation in it!
and i don;t know the names of any units at all except carrier, goliath, seige tank, zealot, photon cannon, valkyrie plane. other than that i have no idea what stuff is! basially i have played about 5 games of sc, and i would need to be taught like you wuold teach someone who just toko the game off the shelf, i really do know nothing at all

and also, i want to fight with people who don't rush, not cause id on;t think iw ill be able to, but because that is boring... make 5 guys and send them over and it's over... i like spending like an hour + building th biggest force possible then seeing a huge war between both of us Very Happy that is what makes it fun
OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

BNet Acct/Realm: OutlawHeaven/OutlawHvn @USEast@Azeroth@AIM
12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject:  

Spazz wrote:
Anyway, I don't agree with half the stuff outlaw said, but hey..

Eh, your opinion is as good as mine, but, w/e... Anywho...Bel if you want we can game on Starcraft. I'll be nice and not rush...lol

Chewie

BNet Acct/Realm: AWOL
16.10 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject:  

Really, the key to the game is the start. You need to pay close attention to your minerals and get the first couple new gatherers out as fast as you get the money for them. Once you have 6 or 7 of them, wait till you have enough to build the first crucial building for the race you're using. After that, it depends on what type of attack you're going to use. But yeah, that's only for melee stuff. Few people play just to play melee vs other people. Use map settings is where its at. Check out rancher games, and turret defense and stuff like that. Man, I wanna play now.

Icanneverwin

BNet Acct/Realm: *Disc0nnect
1.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject:  

As starting out, I would recommend the first few levels of the campaign. Learn a few, simple hot keys like building the food/supplies builds, and the workers. After awhile you will catch on a few more(some are more logical like marine is "M", but not all of them are).

Each Unit has a 'weakness'. Such as if you are using a "small blast unit" such as a terrian ghost, it will do a resistance damage to big creatures like Protoss Dragoon, and Zerg Ultralisk. I don't know why, blizzard just set it like that. (The ghost does 16 damage but will do half its total then minus the unit's armor you are hitting~So say it hits a dragoon, thats 8-armor.)

Also vice versa, if the range unit is too strong, their high attack will have a resistance hit on the small creatures. !this only applies to range units, not buildings.!

Mircomanagement- It's like Diablo 2, you hit and run. The main point of mirco is to get as many hits in as possible, so while you pull back your weak units, your strong units take the hit. This methord isn't highly used too often since you can just mass units like a newb. But im some cases, generally in the early game, ranged units can killed melee units rather well.

Be aware of the high killing(on the ratio units) and the evasion units.
Protoss templars cost a lot of gas but their storm ability is nice, so it will kill or weaken a bunch of units in an AoE. Unit with cloak generally are balanced, but units like the Zerg lurker have burrow-attack. Also the dark templars, Perm-cloak.

Those are the basics, I can explains the advance stuff, but the expert stuff you have to play to really understand. Experience isn't always the best teacher but it wouldn't hurt to play for a month or two.

"Bgh"(big game hunters) most popular played balanced money map
"Hunters"- Most popular played balanced non-money bap
Melee- just a catergory.
Top vs bottem - just a catergory for lazy asses who can't spare 10 seconds to ally or can remember. (but more advance people play here, odd....)
Lost temple- Tourment map, most popular ladder map.

Use map settings are fun games, you dont get a lose or win on your record, and you also can design effects on it and such itz cool. You can play self created maps with your own desire triggers.

~Destined for Disappointment~

--------------------------------------------------
1000th post:Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:54 pm

1337st post:Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:06 am
Belarathon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject:  

how do you kill those zerg things that are in the ground and the kinda cmoe up with spikes? haha some guy did that against me at a part where i had to pass through there no matter what, and none of my guys would attack it so they just stood there as it killed them all
Death-Strider

BNet Acct/Realm: Death)strider Fury)strider
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject:  

Actually Imo the most balanced non money map is LT.. And the burrowers You can either move a detector, over them, scan, so you can see them..or guess where they are and psi storm them..

Apparently "fuh" is short for "fuhking studmonkey". I think I'll borrow his pics, and create an account on one of those online dating websites. With his smouldering good looks and my winning charm and personality, no woman alive will be able to resist me... err.. us.

T_Maldo

BNet Acct/Realm: USA. Cal
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject:  

But LT onlyis a 4-player map... and not as many expos
OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject:  

T_Maldo wrote:
But LT onlyis a 4-player map... and not as many expos

Being 4 player has its limitations, and having little expo's and little resources in them forces you to plan, build, use your units effectivly. Not to mention turtling terrans wont live long

Belarathon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject:  

lol i don't know what any of this means, I am literally so stupid on that game, in comparison, I would be one of the guys on D2 going, "Whair beste plaiyce 2 lvlups? n howe du eye gite hakes?!!!!! kin u gib mie jodam rig plzz?? wut kare iz bast kare?!!!!! plz rush"
something like that! Basically all I need is the very ultimate bottom line beginner info and I can learn from there on my own! Liiiiike:
Which units are better to mass? Which units to only get a few of?
Which units to use vs other specific units?
How do I even GET certain units O_O
Which units to avoid!
Which strategies to avoid!
stuff like that and I won;t understand if you say OK, make sure you get 400x BHGLT's because the QRT will BML your FMB if you don't stick your TTG up it's PMR Razz
Spazz
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject:  

Marines & Medics, if used well, can do some serious damage. Aswell as a huge army of buffed Zealots. People underestimate the starting units and rush to get carriers and crap, when by the time they have 5 carriers you can have 60-70 Zealots with speed, weapon, armor, and sheild buffs.

An army of decked out zerglings can kick ass too, provided your oponent doesn't have mass fire-bats, cannons, tanks, or templars. The best thing about zerglins is you can send as many zerglings as you have resources. You send in 50, they die, and then you make 50 more, then them in, and they die, send 50 more, etc etc.. Their cheap, fast and can be effective to slowly kill your enemy. I'm just telling you this so you don't totally write off the starting units like everyone else does... I see too many people skipping starting units and going for the totally newb strategy of Carriers, Mutalisks, or BC's... which gets boring.

If you play really long no rush games, a funny strat is to make three arbiters, 12 reavers with upgrades, and fly the arbiters into the enemies mineral line and use recall to summon all the reavers there to take their starting point and workers out.. which can cripple people.. especially if you manage to kill all their workers and their main command place because then they can't make any more buildings.

im not rereading this so I dunno if ti makes sense and i'm tired/hungry and i want to go play my priest on wow so bye byes

Account: -=-Spazz-=-
Realm: USEast
Characters:
Carousel - 57 Trap Assassin MLD

VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject:  

Spazz wrote:
I see too many people skipping starting units and going for the totally newb strategy of Carriers, Mutalisks, or BC's... which gets boring.

its true. when i played with my friends, it got to the point that we were joining those 7v1 comp stomp games, not checking "allied victory", and then seeing if we could BS the entire game with mass firebats, or mass templars. something rediculous and weak.

in a battle of mass vs mass,

firebats own: protoss ground units, zerglings, hydras
zerglings own: dragoons
hydras own: dragoons, marines
zealots own: marines, zerglings, hydras
marines own: zerglings

massing archons is a good strategy. they have splash damage, which means any unit they hit, they hurt all the units around it too. awsome for killing mass zerglings.

firebats and lurkers also have splash dmg.

and in all honesty, if you are so gun-ho about getting good, play the single player campaigns and finish the game. then youll know all the basics you need to know to play online against other new plays like yourself.

Entreri

BNet Acct/Realm: Wsccl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject:  

Belarathon wrote:
and also, i want to fight with people who don't rush, not cause id on;t think iw ill be able to, but because that is boring... make 5 guys and send them over and it's over... i like spending like an hour + building th biggest force possible then seeing a huge war between both of us Very Happy that is what makes it fun

i'll be willing to play sometime between now and tuesday night... let me know what realm and account name, i'll meet you somewhere...
OutlawHeaven
Bermanently Panned

12.23 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject:  

Wizardspike15 wrote:
let me know what realm and account name, i'll meet you somewhere...

Likewise Wink

In my opinion, massing one kind of unit is bad to me. Too easily countered. Basic combos would me Marines and Medics, Hydras and Lurkers, Zealots n Goons.

T_Maldo

BNet Acct/Realm: USA. Cal
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject:  

I'd like to help you out too, also because i need some new friends.
tell me your acct name and ill give you a lil lesson on how to play and what a vantage point is and blah blah blah
Icanneverwin

BNet Acct/Realm: *Disc0nnect
1.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: starcraft  

Well for the basic strad:

Zerg- Mass on hydralisk and ling and upgrades, hopefully you can just go late game and keep flowing out units.

protoss- dragoon ands zealots, and high templars, upgradse always inportant

terran- marines, medic, tanks, and golaths. " "

Ill type more later when i feel in the mood. and probably give u a better detail on what to build.

~Destined for Disappointment~

--------------------------------------------------
1000th post:Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:54 pm

1337st post:Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:06 am
Page 2 of 3 [37 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Jump to: