LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:41 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Guide to Dark Throne
Page 1 of 3 [39 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

BNet Acct/Realm: *ATOMICMAN-LLD USEastNL Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject:  Guide to Dark Throne  

since ive seen a bunch of lld101 peeps start playing dark throne figured i would give some tips and suggestions to newcomers to the game. anyone else whos interested the link is www.darkthrone.com

Races and style of play:

undead: they gain untrained citizens for deaths that you cause in sucessefull attacks and defends, good secondary trait is fighter to gain 5% attack power. This right now is the easiest to play and easiest to make powerful due to the vast ammount of citizens you can get. Obvious choice of play with this race is all attack. the aslo get a special attack troop which offers more base attack power than is offered for other races.

humans: they have 5% increase in attack power. best secondary trait is fighter for 5% attack power. obvious choice of play is all attack. also get a better attack weapon than is offered for other races.

goblins: they have 5% increase in defensive power. best secondary traits are for cleric 5% increase in defensive power or assassin for 5% increased wealth per turn. all defense is the way to go here, instead of gaining money through attacks, lots of miners make up for this. they also get a better defense weapon thats more powerful than the best offered for other races.

elves: they gain 5% spy power. this is by far the weakest race and the most difficult to play due to the race bonus since spying does not give exp nor helps signifigently with your overall power. if you do play them i wouldnt choose thief for 5% spy bonus unless you want to annoy people with spy attacks, i would choose fighter for 5% attack power. how to play them would be like humans or undead all attack power. they also get a better defensive troop than is offered for other races which is pretty worthless because without a rediculous defense rating and more money spent its not going to match goblins for defensive power.

how to get started:

after you sign up i would get some guards 4-5 will do then get 1 soldier 1 spy and 1 sentry and as many miners as you can afford. do not spend your turns save them for about 3-5 days (believe me you will thank me on this one). each day hop on and buy weapons for your troops just a few basic ones to keep new accounts from stealing your gold and keep training troops (concentrate of attack until you spend your cache of turns) and weapons and make sure you keep up with the clicker and max it out everyday. after you have saved up a bunch of turns use your spy to scope out targets (dont attack yet) look for peeps with 10% less defensive power than your attack. get enough targets to wail on then have at it. concentrate of boosting your attack and getting structure upgrades. make sure you get the merc camp upgrades, they are troops you can buy and retrain if needed. after you pass lvl 15 or 16 you can start concentrating on boosting whatever you want but keep in mind what your main goal is, defense or attack. also you dont have to spy for each attack use 1 turn and see what happens, unless they have a ton of money you dont want attack someone where you get less than 250 exp in one turn or 2.5k with 10 turns. keep attacking the ones that give you good money and exp instead of find new peeps to attack each time that way you dont waste turns.

couple of other notes:

never go on vacation mode the turns you lose are worth much more than the money and troops you will lose while away.

keep up with the clicker until atleast you are getting more troops from structures and mercs than you lose during the day due to attacking or defending.

if you cant buy the best weapon then dont buy anything at all you will ust end up selling it at a huge loss to pick up something better.

if you get a ton of gold bank it if you have deposits left or spend it, people have no ethics, they wil attack you while you are online.

there are two ways to play your troop and equipment, only get the best weapon (ie long sword) and a mount/tower or get every other extra gear (ie armor boots etc) also, you get more for you money with just the troop main weapon and mount/tower than with getting everything but you will have more casualties with a larger army than with a smaller one. but with a smaller army you can use the extra citizens in something else and you appear much weaker than you really are which if you are defenive can be good since you can get alot of extra exp with defends.

i will make a list of everyones recruit link and offer up invites for my alliance. i will also add to this topic if anyone has more questions or if i think of other things.

I am the bullet in the gun
I am the truth from which you run
I am a silencing machine
I am the end of all your dreams...
ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject:  

Does Jax and King arthas and Guto (I think that's his name) still dominate Darkthrone?

VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject:  

myself and knarl have started the "LLD101 Legion" alliance. if anyone wants to join, let me know in PM.

ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject:  

you can be in up to 3 alliances so join mine to lol

also anyone playing his game pm me your recruit link and ill find a clickmaster to setup for us lld101 guys =)

anyway as for jax king arthas do very well but arent the best of he best so to speak still plenty ahead of them

i have gotten myself higher lvl than they are im rank 48 right now in lvl but only 1450ish in overall where as they are prolly in the 500-1000 in lvl rank and 100ish in overall but considering theres around 200k players i guess thats pretty impressive. thier secret is they attack 5 times with only 1 turn, as an average if you win your attaks you get a better average of exp and much much more untrained guys since theyre undead (thats why they have over 250k guys) but for most people you cant realy find enough people to attack like that and still get good exp to use up all your turns in a day before you can repeat attacks you get 96 turns in a day so you have to find about 20 people you can 5x1 everyday to make it work well which isnt very practical but if you can do that go for it it will be better in the long run

I am a silencing machine
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject:  

what is the "recruiter" button for? the http://www.darkthrone.com/recruiter/index.dt?session= , is what im refering to.

OSA

BNet Acct/Realm: O-S-A on East NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject:  

Recruiter button/clicker.

ThatGuy wrote:
The clicker allows you to get new guys to train. You have a max of 350 clicks, but if you do that every day, you'll get like 350 soldiers per day...

I'm too lazy to do that 350 times everyday, but that's what it does.

B[x] wrote:
Yeah, I'd nominate Andy for 101's Best Hair award if we had it. I loved running my fingers through it while visiting him.

Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject:  

I'd like to put a hit out on http://www.darkthrone.com/viewprofile.dt?session=&id=648094

He attacked me when I was just getting started before I even had any defense or knew how to play the game. He is a lvl 3 elf cleric with 20 guards. I want revenge! Someone kill this guy a bunch of times for me. Cool

OSA

BNet Acct/Realm: O-S-A on East NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject:  

I'll get em' for ya. heh.
You can reset your account and get all your gold back too by the way. But then you're level 1 and what not all over again.

-Edit-

You just attacked zach121.

Your 17 soldiers do 3,692 damage.

zach121 defends your attack.

zach121's guards do 436 damage.

You have defeated zach121!

Owned.

B[x] wrote:
Yeah, I'd nominate Andy for 101's Best Hair award if we had it. I loved running my fingers through it while visiting him.

ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject:  

Alright guys, I'm starting up again just for you =) turns out my account is still alive, and I have about 13k turns since my last login was in January O.O I also have over 1k soldiers, but not enough money for the miners =S

Edit: Yee Haw! Link is up in my Sig O.o

ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject:  

ok i sen everyone an invite to my alliance which has the best name eva

beer 'n' bitches

also my main name on dt is rabid_monkey until i spend all of my turns on atomicman (still have 10k left to spend).

so you get messages from me more than likely itll be from rabid_monkey

anyway knarl/voices send me an invite for the lld alliance and ill set up a ally invite for the two alliances =)

I am a silencing machine
LLD_Pie

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject:  

that public recruiter thing rules T.T im lvl 2 signed up like 5 hrs ago and have 280 miners 16 gaurds and 3 attacker dudes and 1 sentry and 1 spy Razz use the public recruiter thing you get mega citizens!

ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject:  

hehe nice pie

pm your recruit link for me, ill get a clicker going for everyone (extra 25 guys a day)

I am a silencing machine
just shdw

BNet Acct/Realm: US WEST [NL]
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject:  

i joined up, but my hotmail is screwed so i cant recieve the email. it keeps faling to log me in at hotmail saying it cant log in because:

The Microsoft Passport Network is unavailable from this site for one of the following reasons:

This site may be experiencing a problem.
The site may not be a member of the Passport Network.

You can:

You can sign in or sign up at other sites on the Passport Network, or try again later at this site.

is there anyway to bypass that, or am i stuck?
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject:  

i clicked yours, guy. dont forget to click mine back =D.

and for all those who wanted em, invites are sent. except you atomic, it says neither of your accounts accept alliance invites. Confused

ATOMICMAN
Official LLD101 Drunkard

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject:  

oh lol yeah ill fix that

I am a silencing machine
Page 1 of 3 [39 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming