LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:33 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Suggestion Box
Relax on the rules a bit.
Page 1 of 2 [16 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
ToMowNzU

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject:  Relax on the rules a bit.  

I just got a post locked for double posting, when I didnt know this forum had an edit button.

The bump rule hsould be reduced to 3 hours aswell.

I think it might make people happier :-/
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject:  

It wasn't a double post. A double post is when you post the same thing back to back due to lag or a click happy pointer. If people double (or more) post, I simply delete all of them but one.

Rules are there for a reason. If the moderators were to be a bit lax on the rules, the site can easily degenerate into a Troll breeding grounds. Take a look at the B.Net forums for example, they really don't have any rules nor do they have many people to enforce them.

When you think about it, the amount of hours that the bump rule is set to doesn't really matter. If it's three hours, people will bump every three hours causing you to bump every three hours as well as having your thread travel down the page faster. With a 24 hour bump rule, you don't get to bump as much but you get more exposure without having to constantly be at your computer to bump your threads.

Also, as I explained to you via AIM, rules are best learned the hard way. I doubt you'll forget that you have an edit button from now on.

[Important Links]
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject:  

and just like the sticky in each trade forum that states "label your thread [nl] or [l]...or have it eaten", if you cant see that you have an edit button, right there, infront of you, how is it our fault? as youll hear from any person who enforces rules (judges, police, security, etc) ignorance is not an excuse. "i didnt know it would kill him" will not get you off scott free. "i dont know how to read a clock" or "i didnt see that big edit button" wont either.

its really not that hard. there isnt a time limit you can be logged on. take a second to look around and get acclimatized to your surroundings.

velocity

BNet Acct/Realm: Lazy_Dragon69 UsEast-Nonladder
-2.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject:  

B[x] wrote:
When you think about it, the amount of hours that the bump rule is set to doesn't really matter. If it's three hours, people will bump every three hours causing you to bump every three hours as well as having your thread travel down the page faster. With a 24 hour bump rule, you don't get to bump as much but you get more exposure without having to constantly be at your computer to bump your threads.

i agree with u 110% Cool

Martin V. Li
Sept. 17, 1987-Mar. 3, 2008

He wasnt just my Brother
He was my Teacher
My partner
And my best Friend

Rest In Peace
Will

BNet Acct/Realm: East L : *BloodPhoenix
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject:  

B[x] wrote:

Soooooo true..
ToMowNzU

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject:  

Never thought of it that way.

Sorry for being a burden on your forums.
B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject:  

No worries, you're not. The Suggestion Box is here for just that, suggestions. We hear them all and consider them all unless they're completely ridiculous.

[Important Links]
ToMowNzU

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:58 am    Post subject:  

Yeah, now I really believe you guys should relax alittle...

I was 29 minutes from 24 hours and just got a post locked for bumping.

WOW, 29 F***ing minutes. I waited till the same time a day to bump it, and it gets locked. What a joke.
just shdw

BNet Acct/Realm: US WEST [NL]
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:38 am    Post subject:  

if they would let one person get away with it then they would have to let everyone else or people start pointing fingers. eventually it will be 30 mins then 1 hour then 2 hours before 24 hours and so on, until there is total chaos and people bump there threads every 30 mins, all becuase the mods let one person bump 29 mins before 24 hours Cool
diet_sushi

BNet Acct/Realm: Korea's got SEOUL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject:  

There's a Delete Button near your post

If you know you bumped a bit early delete that post and bump it later

Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject:  

ToMowNzU wrote:

I was 29 minutes from 24 hours and just got a post locked for bumping.

WOW, 29 F***ing minutes. I waited till the same time a day to bump it, and it gets locked. What a joke.

WOW. Maybe you should have waited 30 more minutes to bump the damn post, huh? How far down could it have POSSIBLY been in 24 hours? Was it even on page two? You do realize that most people read past the first page in the trade forums, right?

The 24 hour bump rule is pretty clear: 24 hours. It's not called the "23 hours and 31 minutes" bump rule, you'll notice.

On a personal note, I like that the rules are strictly enforced. Cuts down on the riff-raff, if you will. They come here full of themselves, arrogant and assuming that since they can rush a character, power level to 95 in 24 hours, and have six Enigmas laying around that somehow empowers them to own all of b.net and LLD; and they immediately do something stupid, break the rules and get shut down for it. The "embarassing lack of awareness" that we demonstrate for their 1337ness offends them (*cough*NAWMMedalMonkey*cough*), and they leave, never to darken our doorstep again.

Is there a problem with that? None that I can see. Wink

Does that make me an asshole? I prefer the term "offensively self-righteous". Very Happy

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject:  

l337h4x0rz wrote:
There's a Delete Button near your post

If you know you bumped a bit early delete that post and bump it later

that would work, if it didnt leave your post at the top of the page. this is stealth bumping, and against the rules as well.

how can you avoid having your post locked? follow our rules. i really didnt think it was THAT hard to understand.

t 0 m o w n z u: Hello Are you there?
t 0 m o w n z u: Dude, WTF
t 0 m o w n z u: I was 29 minutes off of 24 hours
t 0 m o w n z u: and you lock it..
thelittlev0ices: yea. do you want special treatement?
thelittlev0ices: sorry, that doesnt happen
t 0 m o w n z u: dude..;.
t 0 m o w n z u: 29 minutes.
thelittlev0ices: if i leave you unlocked "just because you were 29 minutes off"
t 0 m o w n z u: but dude, i dont understand that ...
t 0 m o w n z u: 29 minutes and you guys lock a post
thelittlev0ices: then someone messages me down the road" dude wtf, i was only an hour off" then "dude wtf, i was only 3 hours off"
t 0 m o w n z u: thats pretty bad
t 0 m o w n z u: 29 minutes isnt 3 hours..
thelittlev0ices: actually, its pretty good. follow the rules and you wont have it happen.
t 0 m o w n z u: ... i was trying but i didnt realize that i was 29 minutes early...
thelittlev0ices: 29 minutes is still not 24 hours is it? if i let you slide, i have to let everyone who doesnt wait 24 hours slide
thelittlev0ices: so? watch the clock more carefully next time.
t 0 m o w n z u: oh, so i suppose if someone was a minute off, because their clock was wrong, they would recieve a lock?
thelittlev0ices: yup
t 0 m o w n z u: i dont see that ever happening
thelittlev0ices: then why ask?
t 0 m o w n z u: i mean, i cant picture you locking a post for it being a minute off
t 0 m o w n z u: because, i know you'd let em go
thelittlev0ices: i can,. its called equal treatement.
t 0 m o w n z u: i doubt it would happen
thelittlev0ices: iv even locked the admins post for bumping it 24 hours
t 0 m o w n z u: well the rule should be changed to "around 24 hours" aka, if you're 30 min off, you shouldnt be punished
thelittlev0ices: welcome to the world of fairness, where no one is treated special and everyone is subject to the same rules
thelittlev0ices: well, the rule wont be changed. youll learn to abide by it, or youll get locked. its really not that hard to understand, is it?
t 0 m o w n z u: 29 minutes, what a joke.
t 0 m o w n z u: it was the same time of day..
thelittlev0ices: oh wow. the same time of the daty
thelittlev0ices: hey, maybe i should change teh rules to a rotating shift. "you can bump your posts, but only in the aftenoon, on tuesdays and fridays. only at midnight on thursdays and saturdays, etc"
t 0 m o w n z u: thats not at all what i meant.
t 0 m o w n z u: i meant that i bumped it at around 2:00 the day before
t 0 m o w n z u: and i bumped it around the same time
t 0 m o w n z u: the next day
t 0 m o w n z u: thinking that i wouldnt get locked
thelittlev0ices: well, then you dnot understand the concept of 24 hours, i guess.
thelittlev0ices: 24 hours means, 24 hours from the time you posted.
thelittlev0ices: not 23 and a half. not 22. 24.
t 0 m o w n z u: i'm not talking 22 or 20 or anything lower then 29 minutes
t 0 m o w n z u: i was 29 minutes off, and it got locked, thats bullshit
t 0 m o w n z u: 29 minutes, sorry i wasent staring at the clock like i shoulda been
t 0 m o w n z u: sorry i didnt memorize the exact time when i posted, so i could say " oh shit, i gotta go post on a forum "
thelittlev0ices: oh ok. just for you then ill make a stipulation. "dont bump your post for 24 hours, unless you have waited 23 hours and 31 minutes or more" yea, that makes sense. lets give people who cant wait that extra 29 minutes a break, and make everyone else who can wait, wait.
thelittlev0ices: you didnt memorize it? i did. Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:36 pm
t 0 m o w n z u: the time on my thing is completely different
thelittlev0ices: you know how i knew? i looked at your last post time stamp. guess what? you can do that too.
t 0 m o w n z u: it doesnt even say what time my clock says, leme go fix it
thelittlev0ices: and theres no need to appologize, i didnt take it personally.
t 0 m o w n z u: alright, i just got angry because 29 minutes is insignificant when looking at a scale of 24 hours
thelittlev0ices: its fine. you arent the first one. but understand that its not fair to let you slide, no matter how"insignificant" you think it is
thelittlev0ices: whether its 3 hours, or 1 minute, other members will see "hey, thats not fair, i got locked for posting 12 hours early"
thelittlev0ices: the time doesnt matter, its the fact that special treatement was given
t 0 m o w n z u: well, honestly, i think you guys should look at this part of the time stamp 9:00 am instead of this part 9:00 am
thelittlev0ices: well honestly. i dont. and another thing i dont have, is time to continue this discussion as i have to leave for work. ill forward your complaint onto knarl, and if you wish to continue it. talk to him. im done explaining.
t 0 m o w n z u: its fine.

i notice a similiarity between what i originally told you, and what dao and wout have both told you. wow, it must be common sense. Shocked

so my question to you is this. why should we (the people who have been here since the beginning of this website pretty much, members and mods alike) change our ways to suit you (someone who just joined)? shouldnt YOU adapt to suit US? why should we change our rules, or "relax a bit on them" just because someone who hasnt learnt them yet, doesnt seem to know how to follow them? why should there be exceptions for people who cant seem to either read, comprehend, or follow the rules? does that seem fair to the people who can and do? no, it really doesnt. so US relax on the rules? i dont think so. how about YOU shape up, or ship out.

B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject:  

Everything that could be said has been said but I just wanted to clarify something.
VoicesLLD wrote:
that would work, if it didnt leave your post at the top of the page. this is stealth bumping, and against the rules as well.

If you delete a post on these forums, it puts the thread back to where it was before it was bumped. I guess you can call this "debumping".

[Important Links]
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject:  

hmm, just tested and it turns out you are right. though, last i checked, it worked on d2jsp, and i think cc-comp.

B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:
though, last i checked, it worked on d2jsp, and i think cc-comp.

As well as the B.Net forums. Then again, these aren't the B.Net forums. Wink Very Happy

[Important Links]
Page 1 of 2 [16 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Suggestion Box
Jump to: