LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
How is GuildWArs holding up for you?
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]  
Rampage

BNet Acct/Realm: US East
12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject:  How is GuildWArs holding up for you?  

Well GW has been out for a little while now and many of the old Diablo faithful are playing it. I have seen and talked to guys on there that I knew from Diablo 4 years ago.

My question is: What is your opinion of the game? Will it have the staying power of D2? What needs to be chaged and/or improved? Has it cured you of your Diablo addiction?
Captain Crunch

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: How is GuildWArs holding up for you?  

Rampage wrote:
Has it cured you of your Diablo addiction?

cure?!?!? no such thing Very Happy

You're a stupid thread.

ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: How is GuildWArs holding up for you?  

Rampage wrote:
Has it cured you of your Diablo addiction?

Cure? Bah! It's just the start of another virus that will overrun the D2 addiction!

Mr.Snuggles

BNet Acct/Realm: North Carolina (Sadly)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject:  

nope d2 is still like a bad drug addiction.....i still need my d2 fix every now and then no matter how much i play/love GW's

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject:  

i havent played d2 since gettnig it. however, i have 9 days left to figure out why it constantly freezes on me, then im taking it back to future shop and getting my 50$ back. so far, im disappointed in tech support. they have given me every test under the sun to run on my computer, and just now sent me a responce back telling me to update all my drivers and bios crap. something they told me to do in the first email they sent me.

the game? yea, its fun. itll stick around for a while. but the service that comes with it i think is going to be the same as the bnet service. lacking.

Koshi

BNet Acct/Realm: US East scnl, New Zealand
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject:  

I heard they keep dumbing it down, making it easier to get stuff, looks like they just want the pvm part to be as short as possible and focus more on pvp, stupid idea IMO.

Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject:  

Koshi wrote:
I heard they keep dumbing it down, making it easier to get stuff, looks like they just want the pvm part to be as short as possible and focus more on pvp, stupid idea IMO.

Actually, they're trying to avoid what happened in D2: constant farming, massive inflation, and a broken economy. They've made some of the better items (runes and good crafting materials) available for purchase, and they're scaling back item and gold drops for repetitive runs (meaning you'll get less each time you repeat an area in a given time).

Personally, I don't think it'll hold the luster that D2 does for me. It's a very beautiful game, and I enjoy looking at it as much as I do playing it, but the need to rely on other players is extremely frustrating to me. I'm not that gregarious to begin with, and I have a very specific style of play (I don't rush, I take my time and enjoy the journey) that almost no one on there seems to have. And while I've met a few good people on there to play with (our little guild even uses teamspeak now), it's only two people, and having to wait for them to play has crawled my exploration to a halt. So I'm stuck either playing with people I don't like, or waiting to play with people I do.

If they make PvE less dependant on party play (or introduce better mercenaries) then I'd probably play this game until I'm old and gray. As it is, I find myself getting a bit more annoyed by it every day.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
Rampage

12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject:  

I tend to approach the game the same way. I played for a long time solo and used the henchies. I still do that a lot for the side quest. The missions are hard enough now that I almost have to use real people but as of late I have been pretty lucky with getting good groups. I usually ask them before we enter the mission if they are going to play it slow and cautious. If I get some kid saying "oh this is easy" or "we can run right through this" or any other variation of that theme then I just leave the group and look for another. With a little luck I will make level 20 this weekend and I just got to upgrade my armor. I have arrived at Ventari's Refuge and have three new quest to work on. Running through this game makes no sense to me. The artwork and effects need to be enjoyed. A nice stroll in the park killing all the potential muggers is the perfect way to play it IMO.
Last edited by Rampage on Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Zolas

BNet Acct/Realm: WoW Perenold
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:
the game? yea, its fun. itll stick around for a while. but the service that comes with it i think is going to be the same as the bnet service. lacking.

true. but id rather have free, bad service, than 30$ monthly good service.
maybe cash in canada is easier to come by though Razz
Vixen

BNet Acct/Realm: The 'Big Apple'
7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject:  

Well, Diablo has died for me. Haven't touched in forever (even chucked out the discs). But I think GW's is done too. I got kind of bored for some reason and just started playing Halo on XBL again.

"Vixen's also the name of a reindeer"
Pikkon85

BNet Acct/Realm: Missouri
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject:  

lol my char has been almost lvl 7 for like 2 weeks after i got it. I don;t know im thinking about getting rid of my accounts and start plum over. Discover the game over again.
Koshi

BNet Acct/Realm: US East scnl, New Zealand
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject:  

Pikkon85 wrote:
lol my char has been almost lvl 7 for like 2 weeks after i got it. I don;t know im thinking about getting rid of my accounts and start plum over. Discover the game over again.

... why would you have to get rid of your acc? Just make a new char Razz

Rampage

12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject:  

Well, I finally got my R/E to Lvl 20 although I still have a few towns and a lot of quest to do yet. Then I wanted to make a mule so I started a E/Mo but she is so much fun that I have played her a bunch lately and she is now a Lvl 8. The game is fun and I actually do like the fact that you can now by the runes and stuff from a vendor. It just kind of makes sense to me that you should be able to. That is if you can ever find 93 Platinum...lol. The games fun but I find it a lot easier to miss a couple days playing it than I ever did with Diablo
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject:  

You can buy runes from vendors now?!
Damn, it's been awhile since I logged on, haha.

[Important Links]
Rampage

12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject:  

Yeah you know all those empty tents that were in the towns? Well there are a couple more occupied now. The Rune vendor in Ascalon is right across the fire from the armor guy. Minors are fairly cheap but hold on when you see the price of a Superior rune of Vigor.....yikes!
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]  
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Jump to: