LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:16 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Page 5 of 15 [214 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, ..., 13, 14, 15 Next
ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject:  

Unfortunately, Ganondorf is one of the slowest characters in the game, and the only thing that makes a character fast is the person that plays it. Also, playing against computers is not a great achievement, you can only become very good by playing versus human competitors (and training your tech skills vs. level 1 computers)

ThatGuy

5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject:  

Well.....it`s the day before the tournament, and I know all hell will break loose. Why? 50+ competitors...6 televisions...+ teams and crew matches....

Can anyone spell chaos?

Whatever, hopefully something will be thought up of. Wish me luck!

ThatGuy

5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject:  

This is the first time I have had access to the internet since the tourney, so here's the update:

I got anal raped. Horribly. Dead last (unofficially, my friend did better than I because although we both lost every single match, he played one less match than me). I'll never forget my very first fight in there when PKMVodka 5 stocked my Doc with his C. Falcon. It was horrifying. Beyond that. I lasted about 2 minutes. Maybe less.

PKMVodka also went on to win the singles and crews tournament in a close battle with Chesterr01. The final was disgusting. I don't know who won teams though Sad

Man, I wish I had a video of that first match so you guys could laugh at me. I mean seriously, it was an incredible sight to see.

EDIT: Apparently, PKMVodka is ranked 5th in Canada. Go figure...

Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject:  

Fox is my fav to HELLO LOOKY AT AVATAR xD. But Marth can be the cheapest, the people i play against call him the 'edge master'. Maybe i find him cheap because we play on final destination, and when u get booted off, it's a toughy to get back on. But maybe i like fox because ive played with with fox ever since the snes, i love flying games xD. And starfox 64 not good best ever... y'd they throw that crap together on the gamecube...

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject:  

Don't let that get you down, ThatGuy, everyone gets owned their first tourney. Aside from beating ChuDat once in a fluke Team Battle, I totally got served. If you go back and practice the techniques you learned at the tournament, however, you'll realize how much there is to learn and be able to face the tourney-regulars a bit better. I won't lie - you'll probably get pummeled in your second tournament as well. I know I did. The thing is, you're now practicing new skills that you've picked up from the tournament, and they're still sloppy, but each tournament you go to will help you sharpen your skills little by little until you're ready to take on some of the best players in the world.

Speaking of which, my roommate played Azen in a Smashfest, and he said he's unbelievably good - to the extent that most people can tell Azen to use what they believe is the worst character against their best character, and still not be able to take a life off their stock list. At the fest, he just used Jiggly, but he played with such precision and timing that there was hardly an attack he unintentionally missed. What might be even scarier is that Ken is nearly unanimously considered the best player in the world.. how much better can you get? Shocked

Oh, and I still need to post some videos of my roommate and I going at it. ><

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
ThatGuy

5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject:  

Yeah, I understand totally. I've been (trying to...) holding some smashfests at my place, and yeah, I lose a lot. But...I can tell I'm improving, like when my C. Falcon (my new main!) and even my Ganandorf started owning everyone there through a firey streak. It was chaos, I didn't miss a single attack...until Damax (awesome Link player) came in and thwomped on everyone there. Kinda chilled me out a bit, but then it got late and I stopped whooping ass.

Can't wait for my next tournament though!

Do you post on Smashboards at all?

MeshinLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject:  

While i have not played super smash bros melee, i did play super smash brothers for N64, i went to a few tournaments and absolutly destroyed the contest. I am a samus player myself, but at the same time i can really do some hurtings with fox, timing shields perfectly is my main skill there.

I went to a few statewide tournys for super smash bros, for both single and team competition, my partner was a fox player, also very skilled with C falcon and link, although most people can be good with c falcon as i was too. I won a state competition and went to an east division tournament in pennslyvania, i came in 11th overall single and 6th overall team, there were some truly amazing players and i cannot imagen playing super smash bros melee in a tourny, that must be some amazing skill.

UsWest [NL]
*MeshinLLD
UsEast [NL]
*MeshinLLD
*Meshin
T_Maldo

BNet Acct/Realm: USA. Cal
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject:  

Like meshin, i too only played SSB for the 64, and also like him, went to a tourney (at my neighbor's close friend's house, go figure) with about 40 people and got to last match in singles. well, im a kirby player and this other dude was pikachu, and we went like 5 minutes into death match (was a timed game) until he finally beat me. but he got lucky Evil or Very Mad cause we were playing in hyrule and i got a twister right under me, well i shield rolled and he used some cheapy little jab and knocked my right back in!
MeshinLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject:  

That sucks, though i remember my losing match against the guy who went on to be the winner of the tourny, we were dodging each other for so long we attracted quite alot of attention, my samus was taking a beating but i wasnt going down, i was up to like 250% damage playing on starfoxes ship, when went to blast him with my charged shot, he flip dodged it and got me with a downward falcon kick and BAM outa the universe -.-

We also had some intresting team matches i think the first loss we got was against the people who got 2nd and that was a mario/luigi combo -.- go figure.

UsWest [NL]
*MeshinLLD
UsEast [NL]
*MeshinLLD
*Meshin
T_Maldo

BNet Acct/Realm: USA. Cal
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject:  

Bahh, i cant take team duels, the only way i start getting really good is if i focus on one guy and assume his moves before he makes them, like if hes good, ill use my brick with kirby to fake smash em, they shield roll, i hit B again, in the middle of thier roll, use my flying knife attack, and get a double-tripple hit combo. i do alot of moves like that and they work, but i dont practice on em, they just come to me.
MeshinLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject:  

When i play fox i love leading people to the edges of the map waiting for them to attempt thier big attack to knock me off and then shield on em and reverse boost attack them off the map, best trick ever right there Razz

Kirby is beastly too i used him for unlocking the chars and getting the best times.

But when playing samus i can amange to dodge most air attacks by dropping bombs mid-air at just the right time. When i knock em off or away from me is when i charge my gun up, and then i save it until im sure ill get them, there is nothing worse than opening yourself up with a charge shot and then mssing, as it gives the enemy the few seconds they need to take you out.

Ive also mastered rolling with samus, which is how i dodge most physical attacks on me, but falcon kick still kicks my butt.

UsWest [NL]
*MeshinLLD
UsEast [NL]
*MeshinLLD
*Meshin
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject:  

Yeah, I do have an account on Smashboards, but I almost never post. I leave all the paperwork to my roommate, who's Fleur de Lis on the boards, and he's pretty savvy with the Quebecois and French section, so you might run into him since I believe you're from Canada. Anyway, if you wanna hit me up sometime, my account there is QuiRo, though I visit the place very rarely, and I'm not very well known because I still don't attend tournaments as much as my roommate.

I'm glad to hear you're improving though. Give it a few more months and you'll be able take on even the best Link with your Falcon (that is, if the next Smash/Revolution doesn't come out too soon, which is what all the Smashers are counting on). Wink

The original Smash brothers is to Melee as Doom is to Halo. There are worlds of differences between them. One, for instance, is that Isai, who is the indisputed best player in the world on the original - I believe he has never lost a single fight in recent tournaments - is not nearly the best player at the second.

Anyway, maybe with the next SSB, we'll be able to meet up and play online, since Revolution will supposedly have online play standard with it. Cool

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
ThatGuy

5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject:  

You're roomates with Fleur de Lis? Holy dungballs! I believe he said he's coming to Montreal sometime...maybe around Spring Break? I don't know, but I hope not, because I'll be in New York by Spring Break =O

Wow, I would love to have a matchup against this guy; I hear he is very amazing. And if you're his roomate and you play each other frequently, dayum, you must be a world better than I thought. I would really love to see some of your videos.

I'm surprised at the rapid improvement you can have in this game. I didn't think I could get so good so fast (not that I'm saying I'm godly, but I'm a lot better than I thought I could be in a short time). I'm pretty sure I'll eventually beat Damax's Link, but it won't be very constant; he knows his Link very well and all we can both do is improve (although PKMVodka nearly gave me cancer with his Falcon, his GC I heard had thousands of playtime hours on it).

Oh, my local friends that I have over often are starting to get pretty good, although they don't know any advanced techniques (one of them is starting to get the hang of missile-cancelling, but another is kind of hopeless because he never changes his strategy...Falco jump, d-air fastfall, jump, d-air fastfall, d-smash if someone is too close, spam f-smash if the opponent is next to him, etc. etc.. He is the worst person to ever have on a team because he can't shorthop (or doesn't) and all he does is d-air, most of the time he spikes me! Worst part is that he never lasers unless it's one on one (no SHL!), never reflector, not even to reflect, barely grabs, and he can't willfully spike. The most advanced thing I got him doing a bit more is Over-B to recover...and the third is slowly progressing, although he spams counter waay to much, and he always wonders why my knees connect =P).

OT: Won some Texas Hold 'Em last night, got 20 bucks (I play casually, $5 buy ins usually) =)

SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject:  

Eh, I'm not bad, Fleur is better than me. If I want to play well, I have to take Adderoll so I can concentrate because I lose interest pretty quickly, heh.

Keep working at your game though, I'm glad to hear you're improving so quickly. What techniques have you learned so far from smashboards? L-Cancelling, Wavedashing, Teching, Dash Dancing, Chain Grabbing, etc? Don't forget to work on your mind games, too, because pure technical skill just won't cut it, as Ken proved to the world by taking out Bomb Soldier (who I would argue is the most technically skilled player in the world) in Japan.

Maybe you can try messing around with different characters too. Having a main character is understandable, but having a backup or two for uphill battles is nice. Plus, this way you get a better feel of the game by know how your opponents' physics so you can hit, combo, or avoid them better.

Fleur and I are going to Cataclysm, probably, so if we make it there I'll let you guys know how it goes. Smile

ThatGuy

5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject:  

Well, my game just keeps imrpoving, my downside is that I switch characters quite often, but I've come back to Ganondorf and I was OWNING so bad with him at a smashfest last night.

I had a 11 1/2 hour smashfest yesterday (yeah...3 pm-2:30 am) and I was dominating. Funny thing is my C. Falcon actually sucks, and I just realized that, but my Dorf is so pawnage, and my Link and D. Mario seem to benefit from that. So I think those are my mains (Heh...I'm like a super counter picker...).

I can L-Cancel, Tech, Tech chase, Wavedash (properly and consistantly, but I can't use it for mobility very well, still needs timing practice), SHFFLs, Dash dance, Reverse U-air spikes (about 90% consistancy with Gdorf), Edgehopped ariels, Chain grab, edgeguard, bomb jump (only w/ Link, not Y. Link Sad), edgehog, and mindgame effectively. I have a VERY hard time edgehopping ariels with Gdorf, and I am still in the process of Ledgedashing jabs/tilts, pivots (1 frame to throw in an attack? Yeeash), wavedashing mobility, edgehopped ariels with Gdorf, and especially wall-teching (Marth's F-Smash! Arrrgh!).

I would like to see some videos of you playing, and I'm sure you want to see some of mine =P. I'll see what I can do but don't expect me to put any of me up anytime soon (like...months?).

Page 5 of 15 [214 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, ..., 13, 14, 15 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Jump to: