LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Page 4 of 15 [214 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ..., 13, 14, 15 Next
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject:  

the_diggler wrote:
SSBM is so fun. I would destroy you all as Jigglypuff.

And yes, I am serious. I have mastered the jiggly.

Mmm, if you live anywhere near Delaware or Maryland, I would be happy to take on your offer. Just yesterday, some guys mentioned that they are expert Smashers, so my roommate and I found them and played them together, and completely demolished them. Razz On the other hand, the #1 ranked player in the world, Ken, claims to be only the 12th best player in the US, so in my own experience, people who claim to be very good, aren't very good at all, while people who are exceptional are much more modest and don't make such fabulous claims.

In case none of you knew, tournament rules ban nearly all of the stages except for several relatively neutral stages, like Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Donky Kong 64, etc. Also, items are turned off, there is a standard 4 stock match with an 8 minute time limit, and in team battles, Team Attack is on, so you can hurt your teammate.

I went to another tournament, but got manhandled by a Shiek and Marth. Well, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? I'll be better prepared to fight them next time. This weekend, my roommate claims he's going to physically force me to attend a Smashfest in New York, where some of the top players in the world are going, such as Isai, Wes, and Neo.

My roommate and my friend are going to record some of our matches and hopefully they'll have the technical skill to put everything online, because God knows I sure as hell don't.

P.S. Fudge, have you gotten a video of you guys playing yet? I am curious about how good you are, since earlier you said that you could take on the majority of people you see in videos. Though you may just have downloaded some crappy videos, you never know!
the_diggler

BNet Acct/Realm: *pp_12
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject:  

[quote="SoaringSquirrel"]
the_diggler wrote:
SSBM is so fun. I would destroy you all as Jigglypuff.

And yes, I am serious. I have mastered the jiggly.

Mmm, if you live anywhere near Delaware or Maryland, I would be happy to take on your offer. Just yesterday, some guys mentioned that they are expert Smashers, so my roommate and I found them and played them together, and completely demolished them. Razz On the other hand, the #1 ranked player in the world, Ken, claims to be only the 12th best player in the US, so in my own experience, people who claim to be very good, aren't very good at all, while people who are exceptional are much more modest and don't make such fabulous claims.
[\quote]

I live near Pittsburgh, PA. Besides...I bet you'd cream me. Me and Jiggly are nothin without items. Neutral

But, I bet I would beat you on super sudden death.

And I haven't played in oh...3 months. My cube just isnt hooked up and...that takes like 2 minutes to do it. 2 MINUTES I DON'T HAVE TO SPARE. Eh, the laziness has overcome me.

GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject:  

pittsburg huh? what town. cause i go to IUP
the_diggler

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject:  

Probably the most boring town ever...Greensburg. There's about three things to do here.
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject:  

is that anywhere near indiana or punxsutawney?
the_diggler

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject:  

It's about an hour away from Indiana if I'm not mistaken...no clue how far away from Punxsutawney.

It's like 10 minutes from Latrobe if you know where that is. About 30 minutes from Monroeville too.

Royale

BNet Acct/Realm: Battle_Royale, Battle-Royale (US East)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject:  

My friends and I dusted off the old Gamecube this weekend and played Super Smash Bros Melee for the first time in a couple of months Smile We've played since original Smash Bros, back then it was the four of us, I used Kirby and they used Samus, Link and Yoshi. When Melee rolled around, we started playing that, unfortunately at the time we abandoned our old school Jedi characters (don't ask) and I began to use Shiek, the three of them were using Marth, Roy and Ness respectively.

A lot of changes in characters we seperately 'owned' were made, but I won't go into that. Anyways, now there's only the three of us, the guy who used Yoshi/Ness is on a student exchange trip this year. We picked up the game again, this time around I'm opting to master Kirby instead of Shiek (still using her though, two good reasons following:) my friend using Marth, and my other friend is using Falco now. In any case, while we were playing an obscure debate came up, and I was wondering if this is an issue in SSBM for anyone else.

Between the four of us, there's one recurring issue regarding the controls. Now for Smash Attacks myself (and the friend who's on the exchange) have always favored A, the charge-up form, while my Samus/Marth Link/Falco friends have always favored the use of C-stick. We decided this is probably due to the fact that myself and the Yoshi/Ness friend played N64 prior to Gamecube, while my other two friends played PS1 and PS2 with the dual analog setup. I was wondering if anyone else finds themself favoring A or C smash, or if everyone else in the world happens to use them both with flawless equality. Rolling Eyes

SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject:  

You can smash with the C-Stick if you press Z immediately afterwards. I was born and raised in Smash on the A buttons, but I've forced myself to be able to use the C-Stick in aerials and wavedash Smashes or dash-down Smashes, so I can make the most of both (especially if you're using the float aerials to float cancelling smashes, then you MUST know both). The reason why the C-Stick is more effective in aerial attacks is that you can attack forward and backward without fear of affecting your momentum (i.e. fastfalling when doing the D-Air).

Oh, and I was kind of curious what everyone thought the absolute worst and best characters are, if you believe in such a thing. Wink I have my own thoughts on this, but I figured I'd hear what other people's opinions before putting out on my own.
FudGe

BNet Acct/Realm: *MaStEr_FuDgE, jacquesstrap on D2JSP
2.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject:  

ive been playin for soooo long on both n64 and gamecube, so i've pretty much just stuck and mastered the a button technique. i think the cstick way is kinda cheap :S

Royale

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject:  

Well putting aside that a lot of it depends on the skill of the player, I'd say the generically best/worst characters in my opinion would be Shiek and Pichu. Shiek (she's a character I use of course so I have a bit of a bias Smile) for best because she's virtually the fastest if not simply the most nimble, agile character in the game, she has a bit of backup range so she isn't totally helpless from a long distance like Marth or Captain Falcon, and when all else fails she has the versatile caster/tank capabilities of Zelda. If solely a stand-alone character, then I'd debate between Shiek or Falco. As for Pichu...well, he hurts himself when he BOOSTS Rolling Eyes . Nuff said.
Knifer

BNet Acct/Realm: Hawaii/Oregon
1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject:  

SoaringSquirrel wrote:
Oh, and I was kind of curious what everyone thought the absolute worst

pichu, ice climbers, mewtwo

SoaringSquirrel wrote:
and best characters are, if you believe in such a thing. Wink

shiek, marth, dr./mario, fox/falco, captain falcon

FudGe

BNet Acct/Realm: *MaStEr_FuDgE, jacquesstrap on D2JSP
2.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject:  

marth, fox, link are top 3

then again i am unbeatable with Link so of course he's in my top 3 Razz

im buyin a tv capture card for my comp because im too poor to afford a tv. my housemate has a tv in his room we've been usin my GC on, but im gonna grab a cheap capture card and take a few demos (plus i wanna watch some tv on my comp :S)

ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject:  

Hey hey hey.

I've entered a tournament that's taking place in Montreal Dec. 29th! Wish me luck! I'f I'm lucky maybe someone might tape one of my matches X_X

And if you feel like coming... Details are: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=61078&page=1&pp=15

Royale

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject:  

Wow, good luck with that man! Hope you'll post how it turns out Smile. On a lighter note I just participated in a little SSBM tournament in my school. It was small-scale (about 12 people) but I won Cool. 10$ prize, haha. First time I've really fought any serious competitors outside my closest group of friends that play, so it was an interesting experience. Now that I think of it, I should have videotaped it, if not just for fun's sake. Though I don't have enough internet savvy to fathom the process of posting anything besides sarcastic text here Rolling Eyes.
Bloody_Bartuc

BNet Acct/Realm: Sunny California, I surf to skool.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject:  

I love falco. He's just as deadly as fox in melee, but his gun is better ( repeating shots with no relaod rather than bursts with reloads). He's also one of the, if not the faster character in the game. He's got me through all the modes in the game, including all star and such ( on very hard, of course Laughing ). I've alwasy found ganandorf ( and to a lesser extent captain falcon) to be hard dueling because they are fast, deadly, and heavy enough to not be knocked very far by my roundhouse kicks. Confused Plus their up+B attack actually molests your character ( its true, press pause and you'll see it Embarassed ).
Page 4 of 15 [214 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ..., 13, 14, 15 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Jump to: