LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Page 12 of 15 [214 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 Next
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject:  

Grim04 wrote:
Where did I say people should no longer use items that cannot spawn anymore? Oh wait, I didn't. I said they shouldn't use dupes, which are not legit.

Have you no idea what interpolation is? I guess I'll have to lay it out for you so you can understand it. Blizzard patched Diablo 2 so that past items can no longer spawn. They did so because they no longer wanted these items to exist, i.e. they didn't want players to use them anymore. By using these items, you are not playing the game "as they intended". Please refer to Knifer's post if you are unconvinced.

Quote:
Ebugs are infact legit, since they weren't duplicated, or created outside of anything in the servers.

No, they're as legit as fused items, or the Andy bug. They weren't in Blizzard's intentions, therefore by using them, you are breaking your own code of honor.

Quote:
Cover up your assumptions by sarcasm, good job.

It was a completely reasonable suggestion. If you are good enough to win $10,000 in a tournament playing a video game, then you should, by all means, do it. If you choose not to, then I will assume that you are not good enough to, until you prove otherwise.

Quote:
Have you coded before Squirrel? Just because they leave a bug in the game does not mean they warrant the use of it. Sometimes it has to be left in, because taking it out would cause several other larger glitches.

You're trying too hard to convince yourself, Grim. I think you have earned yourself the title LLD101's Sitting Contradiction.

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject:  

ThatGuy wrote:
Imp, how do you NOT have fun playing this game at a competitive level? I have had fun playing one of the best players in Canada for 15 hours straight. I have had fun at 10-12 hour long tournaments. I have had fun playing this game every single time.

To me, competitive is 10 friends kicking the crap out of eachother. I have no intention of driving out of state, (or even out of town) for super smash bros. Fun game, nonetheless. Look how spooked you get when someone makes fun of it. Are you sure you are having fun? Razz

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject:  

ThatGuy wrote:
Grim, they don't have to participate in an MLG to be good. Actually, I don't think a single Canadian has been to an MLG before. It all depends on real competition. You obviously don't have any.

First you say that they don't have to participate in an MLG to be good, then you say I don't have any real competition because the people I play with don't participate in MLG? Heh.

Soaring, I still believe blizzard patched items so there would be a group of items that only elites could afford, making them high-price and more or less unique. If what you say is correct, they simply would have deleted every time they wanted patched, or simply just turned it into one of the newer patched items. The items they deemed too powerful, they infact did delete... and that shows you they have the power, if they wanted to (which obviously they don't Rolling Eyes) to go through and delete the items they patched.

You keep saying I'm contradicting myself, however you use my quotes when talking about two different games, which both have a varied way of playing. When I play D2, I'm keeping the gameplay intact but not using hacks and not desynching. Using legit ebugs don't affect the actual gameplay of the game, and in my case I'm talking about dueling.

However, if you use wavedash and L-Cancel that is affecting the gameplay of the game...
If you used a bug to make Link a different color which isn't actually in the game (and that's the only use of the bug), I would be all for it because the gameplay isn't changed.
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject:  

I like to duel teams of three Pikachus at one time.
Knifer

BNet Acct/Realm: Hawaii/Oregon
1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject:  

Grim04 wrote:
Using legit ebugs don't affect the actual gameplay of the game, and in my case I'm talking about dueling.

wow talk about contradicting. you are actually telling me that using your ebug shaft, which is not part of your "how it's supposed to be played", over a normal shaft gives you no advantage when dueling?

geez how many of your own words do i have to use.

Grim04 wrote:
Also, there are a bunch of games which I refuse to do certain things because they are cheap/unfair/or a glitch in the game.

Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject:  

Knifer wrote:
Grim04 wrote:
Using legit ebugs don't affect the actual gameplay of the game, and in my case I'm talking about dueling.

wow talk about contradicting. you are actually telling me that using your ebug shaft, which is not part of your "how it's supposed to be played", over a normal shaft gives you no advantage when dueling?

geez how many of your own words do i have to use.

Grim04 wrote:
Also, there are a bunch of games which I refuse to do certain things because they are cheap/unfair/or a glitch in the game.

You can keep trying to put words into my mouth, but it won't work. I'm saying that ebugs don't violate the game as the same way as desynching/hacks and wavedash/L-cancel does. Ebugs gives me a slight advantage, but they won't necessarily win me the duel, unlike desynching where it gives you a huge advantage.

Hell, I refuse to use smite because it's cheap/unfair.
Knifer

1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject:  

Grim04 wrote:
You can keep trying to put words into my mouth, but it won't work.

yea notice how im using DIRECT QUOTES.

Grim04 wrote:
I'm saying that ebugs don't violate the game as the same way as desynching/hacks and wavedash/L-cancel does.

whos the one going back to SSBM now. it doesnt violate it the same, but you just proved my point. it still does violate the "way the game is supposed to be played."

Grim04 wrote:
Ebugs gives me a slight advantage, but they won't necessarily win me the duel, unlike desynching where it gives you a huge advantage.

notice the words "ebugs gives me a...advantage". and why are you comparing ebugs to desynching?

Grim04 wrote:
Hell, I refuse to use smite because it's cheap/unfair.

there you go with smite again. what happend? blizzard put a skill on the paladin by accident?

Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject:  

Take it to the fire pit. Not another word unrelated to SSBM from now on in this thread.

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject:  

i hate falcon's down B Sad

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject:  

waramp wrote:
i hate falcon's down B Sad

What? Why? Falcon and Fox's down B's can be SO fun.
Knifer

1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject:  

except it can be easily countered with marths down b or blocked.

Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject:  

rjg wrote:
I like to duel teams of three Pikachus at one time.

Pichu > Pikachu

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject:  

its because im usually falcon and my roommate is usually fox. he has great timing and always throws it on just in time to make me kill myself

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject:  

I used MLG as an example, I even stated highly organized tournaments and examples of some. Basically, any tournament organized in SWF would have a better chance of turning out better competition, because that's where the better players are. Don't believe me?

Grim, if you want, PM me your location. I can set you up with a smasher (or community) in your region, and you can play him sometime. Let him participate in your 200 person tournament. See how well he does.

I never assumed that everyone in your school sucked. I said that the majority most probably sucked. Unless Ken or Isai went to your school, well then...believe me, from what I gather of your knowledge of this game and your experience and the way you display your strategies, I can't help but assume that you aren't that good, and neither is your competition.

Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject:  

I'm in Riverside CA, and I go to San Diego often.

The only techniques I have posted was regarding Down B, which I only do when I want to have fun. I haven't played Smash in ~6 months since I moved to Riverside. If you find a MLG tournament, during a time that's good for me, I'll participate (entry fee?).
Page 12 of 15 [214 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Jump to: