LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:29 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Page 11 of 15 [214 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 Next
Knifer

BNet Acct/Realm: Hawaii/Oregon
1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject:  

Grim04 wrote:
Knifer, it violates the game on how it was made when you play with only things you find yourself on Bnet...

and how does it do this again? it doesnt violate anything. are you sure you know what the word violate means? all it does it make it so you dont trade. you dont HAVE to trade anything.

Grim04 wrote:
Yes the lesser of two evils is unfortunately buying possibly duped hrs/sojs or botted items.

no it isnt rofl. according to you glitches = evil. not using glitches? that must be even more evil than using them. and who said anything about buying?

Grim04 wrote:
Soaring you attack the fact I used Ebug items? Funny since every single ebug I used was legit.

good job contradicting yourself, ebugs are a G-L-I-T-C-H. or as you so put it, not intended by blizzard.

Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject:  

There is reason to believe Ebugs that ebugs could have been intended by Blizzard.

Even so, I'm still playing by how the game was supposed to be played... via dueling.
ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject:  

You've been to several tournaments? Lawl.

Which ones? Your school tournament? The ever famous Game Store showdown? Those aren't "real" tournaments, with no real competition. The ones me and Soaring are talking about would be MLG, or any highly organized tournaments by experienced and professional players (I.E OC2, FC6, Gauntlet series, etc. etc.). If you want, you can give me your location and I can set you up with a community that is near to you.

Or go to MLGPro.com and voice your opinions...I'm sure they'd agree wholeheartedly.

SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject:  

Grim04 wrote:
I did mention that every character has the oppurtunity to master the "skill" involved by using a glitch in the game, but I'd rather just play the game how it was meant to be.

kay. Earlier I said you can play however you want. What you assume, however, is that wavedashing and L-cancelling were not intended by the game developers. The European PAL version of Smash, which was released later than the American version and modified to make the game more balanced still features these two techniques. It would seem that they realized that these techniques make the game more sophisticated and complex, even if they didn't intend them to be used so extensively originally. Smart thinking!

Quote:
I've been two several smash tournaments, and the referees I've seen look casually at the game and are watching several matches. If L-Canceling or wavedashing wasn't allowed, there wouldn't be a real way to moderate it.

Then those aren't real smash tournaments. Tourneys sponsored by Smash World Forums or MLG abide by their rules at all times; players have the etiquette to play by them, and when they are broken, they will suffer the consequences (e.g. DQ). If you would like to see their ruleset, please visit their websites for more information.

Quote:
Soaring you attack the fact I used Ebug items? Funny since every single ebug I used was legit.

No zod bugged items are legit. They are bug exploitations. According to your logic, items that can no longer spawn also should not be used, since that's not how the developers want you to play anymore. BAI .04 RARES LOL U ALL GOT GRIMPWNED

Quote:
Good job assuming Imp would get trashed at a tournament if he did go. Most people can't go drive to another country/state to play in a video game tournament. Most likely I wouldn't win, and it's not because of the lil glitches that you guys need to use to have that unfair advantage over the legit players, it's because I no longer play Smash consistently.

I assumed nothing. I merely suggested that if he was so good that he found none of the videos impressive, he should consider flying to the tournaments to win heaps o' cash if he's as skilled as he would imply.

Grim04 wrote:
I'm still playing by how the game was supposed to be played... via dueling.

breakbeatz2 wrote:
LOL

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject:  

SoaringSquirrel wrote:
No zod bugged items are legit. They are bug exploitations. According to your logic, items that can no longer spawn also should not be used, since that's not how the developers want you to play anymore. BAI .04 RARES LOL U ALL GOT GRIMPWNED

Where did I say people should no longer use items that cannot spawn anymore? Oh wait, I didn't. I said they shouldn't use dupes, which are not legit.

Ebugs are infact legit, since they weren't duplicated, or created outside of anything in the servers.

Cover up your assumptions by sarcasm, good job.

If you read my post, I never said it was a MLG tournament, infact they were tournaments sponsored by the nearby colleges, which hundreds of entries.

Have you coded before Squirrel? Just because they leave a bug in the game does not mean they warrant the use of it. Sometimes it has to be left in, because taking it out would cause several other larger glitches.
Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject:  

wouldnt making an ebug item be taking advantage of a bug in the game?

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject:  

Im not downing anyones skill, for all I know Im in a bubble from other players. I watch reps and I learn a few things. But there is no1 worth screaming about.

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
ThatGuy

5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject:  

Hundreds of WELL-KNOWN players? I hosted a tournament at my school, and had the student activites department not limited the amount of attendance I could have, I would've had hundreds too. Unfortunately, most people suck. It's a given.

Out of curiosity, how did you place in your school tournament?

Remember Grim, quality over quantity. A tournament of the top 30 players counts more than a tourney of 500 noobs.

Knifer

1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject:  

Grim04 wrote:
Where did I say people should no longer use items that cannot spawn anymore? Oh wait, I didn't. I said they shouldn't use dupes, which are not legit.

Ebugs are infact legit, since they weren't duplicated, or created outside of anything in the servers.

wow why to change your whole point right there...lets look back and what you said

Grim04 wrote:
I've noticed doing a "wavedash" before on Super Smash, but since you can tell it's a bug, you shouldn't use it Rolling Eyes.

No wonder these people are so good, they can use bugs in the game that most people wouldn't use.

Grim04 wrote:

And your point is? There's several popular games with popular glitches/unfair things that most good people won't use. I play the game the way it was meant to be played, doing otherwise simply means you aren't good enough to play it normally or you're just a shady person who'd rather win anyway they could.

Rolling Eyes

Grim04 wrote:
Also, there are a bunch of games which I refuse to do certain things because they are cheap/unfair/or a glitch in the game.

i think i good LAWL is in order here.

Wank

BNet Acct/Realm: Imp StormsRaider
57.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject:  

ThatGuy u are wrong...Fun>quality

Equipped Lvl 30's:
Froggy-Leap Attacker, Vidala- Bow, Starly-Wind, Haunter-Bonenec, Dragonair-Fissure, Vileplume-Psn Jav, Clefairy- Wc

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc1100/th_30982_ImpAvatar_122_1100lo.jpg(didnt want to lose that link Surprised
Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject:  

My best tournament was 4th place, except my favorite tournament was when I got ~254th place, around there. I beat several people by only using fox's down B... god that's fun.

Also I love how you assume just because they don't participate in these MLG (and there's probably a chance they do... Rolling Eyes), they must be horrible/newbs.

Knifer, I never see any mention of me saying not using .08 or before items.

Ebugs are legit. You're just hung up on the name... we can just use East terms and add a G before the items, but that'd ruin the point you were trying, and failed, to make.
Knifer

1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject:  

wow are you blind? you even typed it out yourself. eBUG . intended by blizzard? are you kidding me? just quit now and quit digging yourself into a deeper hole.

by the way, a good majority of the 08 items and before have been duped. just because yours is permed doesnt mean its not duped.

Grim04

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject:  

Knifer wrote:
wow are you blind? you even typed it out yourself. eBUG . intended by blizzard? are you kidding me? just quit now and quit digging yourself into a deeper hole.

by the way, a good majority of the 08 items and before have been duped. just because yours is permed doesnt mean its not duped.

Maybe that's why I only used legit .08 items, with legit defenses? Hell both of my ebugs could be tracked down to the original owner who actually hel'd out the zod rune.

Anyways, owning a legit ebug arreats was a personal goal, which I was able to achieve.

It's funny how you can't get off the subject of me using Ebugs, even though mine were legit Rolling Eyes, when we're talking about Smash.
Knifer

1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject:  

yea because having indestructable without a zod or having it on the unique is what blizzard intended.

ThatGuy

5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject:  

Imp, how do you NOT have fun playing this game at a competitive level? I have had fun playing one of the best players in Canada for 15 hours straight. I have had fun at 10-12 hour long tournaments. I have had fun playing this game every single time.

Think about high school football. You're obviously competing against each other, trying to get better. Yet you still have fun at the same time. Trying to get good while not having fun simply ruins it.

Grim, they don't have to participate in an MLG to be good. Actually, I don't think a single Canadian has been to an MLG before. It all depends on real competition. You obviously don't have any.

Page 11 of 15 [214 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Jump to: