LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 7:31 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
is this sword viable?
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  

how is it?
good
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
so so
60%
 60%  [ 9 ]
ugly
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 15

demon_seed

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject:  is this sword viable?  

i found a rare long sword today has some promising mods but, not enough to let me make up my mind, anyways here they are.

lvl 17 req
20 ias
10 max dmg
49 ed
93 ar
- 20 req
now the overall dmg is 4-38 a 15 maxer would only bump it to 53, so im wondering if this would be a good sword for a lvl 18 conc barb..

Entreri

BNet Acct/Realm: Wsccl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject:  

it seems alright, and has some nice mods, but i dont think it could cut it against some other weps out there
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject:  

well it depends if it will bring you to the next frame and what type of sword.
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject:  

GODZ_llds wrote:

heaven forbid you do some research before posting. wait, that sounds familiar. havent i said that to you before? oh yea, i have.

its a long sword, like it says in his post.

http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/weaponspeed.php?lang=english

Character Barbarian
Weapon Long Sword / Langschwert
Skill Concentrate
WIAS [right weapon] 0 %
IAS Frames per attack Attacks per second
0 % 14 1.7
6 % 13 1.9
16 % 12 2
30 % 11 2.2
52 % 10 2.5
89 % 9 2.7

with 20% from the sword, and 30% from deaths gloves/belt, you fall a whole 2% short of the BP. lame.

so, without putting too much thought into it, i would have to say the 20% ias on the sword allows you to use bfists, and a different belt (unless you want CBF - deaths), over deaths belt/gloves.

if you choose to use deaths belt/gloves anyways, then the sword is basically useless, and a 5-6 socketed weapon with the same base speed (-10) would be better.

coatol2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:
GODZ_llds wrote:

heaven forbid you do some research before posting. wait, that sounds familiar. havent i said that to you before? oh yea, i have.

http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/weaponspeed.php?lang=english

Character Barbarian
Weapon Long Sword / Langschwert
Skill Concentrate
WIAS [right weapon] 0 %
IAS Frames per attack Attacks per second
0 % 14 1.7
6 % 13 1.9
16 % 12 2
30 % 11 2.2
52 % 10 2.5
89 % 9 2.7

with 20% from the sword, and 30% from deaths gloves/belt, you fall a whole 2% short of the BP. lame.

so, without putting too much thought into it, i would have to say the 20% ias on the sword allows you to use bfists, and a different belt (unless you want CBF - deaths), over deaths belt/gloves.

if you choose to use deaths belt/gloves anyways, then the sword is basically useless, and a 5-6 socketed weapon with the same base speed (-10) would be better.

You forgot to add in twitch....If he plans to use twitch so that would be 20+30+20=70 ias so he would hit another bp...but a weapon would only reuire a 10ias mod to do that...so i would say you could find better.

Last edited by coatol2 on Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
GODZ!

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject:  

thats right, becuase i don't do research what so ever. Incase you haven't noticed i have made multiple guides on this site and through pm's that have FAR more than needed extensive research. Where are your guides with that kind of research. That barb guide took me over an hour with 5 or so different pages up and going back to oneo ver and over and the calc to make sure things are right. And thats just one guide of mine. A quick readover, why do you think i would see what kind of sword it is and then not worry about the kind of sword and ask a question about it.. Sorry about the read over though.. Im kind of sick of you putting me down, its not really necessary.

Sorry for the spam but i deem it necessary becuase he puts me down in public i think that is hould be able to defend myself in public.
Entreri

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject:  

GODZ_llds wrote:
thats right, becuase i don't do research what so ever. Incase you haven't noticed i have made multiple guides on this site and through pm's that have FAR more than needed extensive research. Where are your guides with that kind of research. That barb guide took me over an hour with 5 or so different pages up and going back to oneo ver and over and the calc to make sure things are right. And thats just one guide of mine. A quick readover, why do you think i would see what kind of sword it is and then not worry about the kind of sword and ask a question about it.. Sorry about the read over though.. Im kind of sick of you putting me down, its not really necessary.

Sorry for the spam but i deem it necessary becuase he puts me down in public i think that is hould be able to defend myself in public.

i agree with you, if he would spend more of his time doing something himself instead of critisizing everything other people say, just to make himself sound superior, he might feel a little better, and god forbid he might think about someone else... oh no

sry jason... your not god
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject:  

i dont need to do anything to make myself superior.

and im tired of you godz, "rebeling" in every post you make. thats the ONLY reason i am "putting you down" in every post i make. because you see it fit to play the role of the hypocrite. you can criticize EVERYONE else, but if anyone criticizes you (hell, sometimes they dont even criticize you first) you whine and complain. its tired.

"if he would spend more time doing something himself.". please refer to every post iv posted in where a question was asked. do something myself? im 1 of probably only 10-15 members on this forum that actually do research for everyone else when a question is asked. i know you arent one of those people wizardspike. so dont try to lecture me on "doing things" myself. and "god forbid he might think of someone else". get real. if i took a vote of how many members iv helped, compared to how many iv had to "talk to", that number of helped would FAR outweigh the number iv had to "talk to".

where are my guides? i dont write guides. i help people with everything else though. Rolling Eyes
http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2702

http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3876
http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3729
http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5673
http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?p=43958
http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4432

as for your "guides".

http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4251
this isnt a guide, but more of you gloating about your character. i stickied it as to give new users an idea of what to aim for.

http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2125
this one you only posted back up after getting in shit about being a greedy kid.
http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1633
and that i stickied because it had some answered questions not in the final copy.

http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2126
this one is legitimate.

so you have two whole guides. wow. jerkazoid has 3 pages of his stickied, as well as another 4+ that he has contributed a tonne to in the sticky. you dont see him beggnig for praise and then throwing "rebeleous" fits when he doesnt get it, do you?.

and yes, sometimes i get a little hard on peoples cases. but guess what? despite what youd like to think, mods are special members. special in the way that WE have to deal with all the shit that happens on this forum,. all the stupid questions, all the useless posts. you regular members dont have to do that. you arent the janitors of this forum. if you see a mess, you can just say "well, i dont want to deal with that". we cant. we haev to clean up all the messes and take care of all the problems. and guess what else? sometimes it gets really annoying. especially when we have certain members trying to be the zach de la rocha of the forum, "fighting the system". mods mess up. we arent perfect. neither are you. but the last thing we need is people annoying us even more. such as you godz. thats your goal in life it seems. to annoy us.

and yes, i completely forgot about twitch. thank you coa.

GODZ!

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject:  

the guides of mine were all taken out at the same time and then i rethought and thought it was stupid and greedy and posted them back up but too late.

Ask a few people who i have pm'd with guides. I've done over 10 full guides in more and indepth detail than any of my lvl 9 guides.

Ask wtg-dude or thats close enough to his name what ive been helping him with recently.

And the reason why i "gloated" about my character is becuase it was the thing ive been spending most of my d2 time self critisizing and working on. A lot of people looked up to it and it was in a small way a guide to people who need something for zons but just do not have it. There isn't a zon guide for lvl 9 so that is the closest thing. That was a way show off, but it was my last thing, at the time, before i left so i thought it might help me get closure on the game.(sounds pathetic)

and here it goes.

First:
VoicesLLD wrote:
i dont need to do anything to make myself superior.
So your saying that you already are far too superior? And if not then what is this?
VoicesLLD wrote:
where are my guides? i dont write guides. i help people with everything else though. Rolling Eyes
VoicesLLD wrote:
as for your "guides".
Right there, thats putting yourself in the higher position which creates the image of superior while putting me down, 2 birds with one stone, go go.

VoicesLLD wrote:
and im tired of you godz, "rebeling" in every post you make. thats the ONLY reason i am "putting you down" in every post i make. because you see it fit to play the role of the hypocrite. you can criticize EVERYONE else, but if anyone criticizes you (hell, sometimes they dont even criticize you first) you whine and complain. its tired.

By the way where's the proof for, "(hell, sometimes they dont even criticize you first) you whine and complain."

One slip up away on my part while trying to get more information so i can later help and...(the defense will be, "but you slip up tooo much, blah blah blah")
VoicesLLD wrote:

Ok, well i don't see any rebelling or "playing the roll of the hypocrite." I don't see the "criticizing," i just see the questions for future better answers. Whats tired?

Well, where is my "rebelling" in my first post?
VoicesLLD wrote:
thats the ONLY reason i am "putting you down" in every post i make
Or is it something more?

What i am doing is "defending," not "rebelling." Before it was me being the gloatsy show off, now that you don't have that argument im a rebel. and i think there is one more you used.

Do the math voices. and speaking of math, try the math that i sent you in that pm, it should show that you made the mistake and then flamed me. But then again you would "rather not try" becuase you knew that.

You da man
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject:  

Are you done Godz?

You pm me asking me to tell voices to cool it when you keep on badgering and pressing the case and posting stuff like "Here goes the research that i never do. The research that i never do so much that its off the top of my head even when its stuff that i dont' even use."

If you want voices to treat you nicely, then the first step is to shut up about it, and start posting like a semi-mature person who at least pretends to want things to be normal...because right now, you seem to be enjoying the bickering and back-and-forth action. Voices took the initiative by saying, "and im am through dealing with you. as anything i say to you passes through 1 ear and out the other. anything you say directed at me from this point on will be ignored."

And you said, "Yipee. And, same to you kiddo.", and I know you said that after the above post, so lets see you do it.

I'm tired of this. You're no martyr. You're no reformist. You just don't know when to shut up and drop it. Sure, voices isn't innocent either, but at least he is willing to stop. If you aren't, you can kiss your lld101 days goodbye. We don't need this sort of thing here.

Entreri

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:35 am    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:
GODZ_llds wrote:

VoicesLLD wrote:
it helps to tell us what clvl you are going for. 16+1+5 = 23 skills...-4 quests...level 19?

ok ladies both of you make stupid mistakes, and both of you use the "tired" excuse, just get over it... getting a bit old
the problem isn't that you are different... your too much alike to accept it... lets all put aside our little grudges and get over it, because your making it hard on everyone else that reads these posts as well... nothing sucks more than to see two of your friends argueing.
i'm also sorry i stood up for godz, not that i wouldnt do it again, but i really didnt know the situation, and i appoliogise for saying the things i said without thinking, because i know you do a LOT around here jason, and we really do appreciate it, but it wouldnt be so bad if you lightened up a bit
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: