LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:02 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Q & A Spot
Nice way to keep people around.
Page 3 of 4 [46 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

and im am through dealing with you. as anything i say to you passes through 1 ear and out the other.

anything you say directed at me from this point on will be ignored.

GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Yipee. And, same to you kiddo.
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

GODZ_llds wrote:
The kind of stuff you pull as a mod wouldn't be accepted anywhere else im sure either.

But this isn't "anywhere else".

Look, I personally could give a two-shilling shit about this whole fruitless debate, but I am baffled why you continue to "rage against the machine" (following the Zach de la Rocha metaphor used earlier), when you are both overreacting and overreaching in your efforts? This isn't a government or religious organization - individual protest is fruitless. Forums like these are more akin in design to a deific creation model: we have the pocket universe created for us by the owner of the board, and he appoints his servants (the mods) to watch over his creation. You don't rebel against the maker. Unlike the rules extant to a government or religious group, you can be snuffed off here with a thought, and no one will carry on your struggle when you're gone, because what most people on these forums (or any forum like it) learn is that you play by the rules, or you go away. I've been on boards where the post-locking/deleting policy was "if I don't like it, I'm deleting it". I'm also surprised at what this board lets slip: this is one of the first privately run boards I've been on where you can quote a whole page of text from a previous post, and add one original sentence to the bottom and not get railed on for it. Believe me - this place is far from being totalitarian.

More to the point: Voices is a bit hardline and perhaps absolutist in his short patience span regarding rules violations, but what you seem to fail to grasp in this is the why of it. Being a mod on this board is certainly no power trip. It doesn't give great power, or substantial influence. Truth be told, being a mod here is damn insignificant in the greater existance that is battle.net, or the network of Blizzard games out there. So, be certain that people who are mods on this little dog and pony show are not doing it because they lust after the largess and glory that is theirs to reap by being able to lock an occasional post. Truth is, the mods here most likely only have one thing in common: a love for low level dueling, and a desire for this site to remain a non-polluted sanctuary for people who also share that love of low level dueling. They are harsh because they want this site to be successful, and success is measured not by content but by quality. If Voices is a hard-ass, and rough on newbies and screw-ups, it's probably because he wants this place to be as good as it can be for those who come to learn about lld'ing, and find a community to play it in.

You, on the other hand, seem to think past contributions give you carte blanche to mouth off whenever the mood strikes you. Hey - you know what? I think I may be the most quoted person on the site right now (I think I've seen things I've typed in four .sigs in the last two days), but you don't see me wearing it like a chip on my shoulder. (I did, however, have a t-shirt made commemorating the occasion.)

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Dao Jones wrote:
I think I may be the most quoted person on the site right now (I think I've seen things I've typed in four .sigs in the last two days), but you don't see me wearing it like a chip on my shoulder. (I did, however, have a t-shirt made commemorating the occasion.)

You know why that is?

Because you're damn funny and very articulate. 'Nuff said.

VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Dao Jones wrote:
If Voices is a hard-ass, and rough on newbies and screw-ups, it's probably because he wants this place to be as good as it can be for those who come to learn about lld'ing, and find a community to play it in.

was. but i start caring less and less about it when i have people constantly second guessing and questioning my every foot step.

as for the quoting. it probably has something to do with the fact that you actually make sense when you talk, and you have a rare ability. the ability to understand more than your own point of view.

Makaveli

BNet Acct/Realm: e_sc_nl *nosemonkey-b *nosemonkey-b1 *nosemonkey-b2
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

only thing about editing posts is that people will not go back into the useast forum if it doesnt show the darker color for new posts... or they will go into the useast forum and see that there are no new posts in your particular post
Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Knarl wrote:

Because you're damn funny and very articulate. 'Nuff said.

I try. Mr. Green

VoicesLLD wrote:
was. but i start caring less and less about it when i have people constantly second guessing and questioning my every foot step.

Ahhh, c'mon! Underneath that gruff and tactiurn exterior is a man, who... well.. has a funny haircut and probably drinks too much.

But underneath that is a guy that likes being able to say that due to his strict yet thankless dilligence there's at least *one* corner of the b.net related universe that isn't a total catastrophic clusterfuck. C'mere ya big lug! You know we appreciate your hard work. <gives Voices a friendly, yet masculine bear hug, then goes to watch football and hoot at women to reaffirm his otherwise undeniable heterosexuality.>

Actually, on the subject of "the way things are run", that puts me in mind of a suggestion I was ruminatin' on...

Mysterious

Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: hmm   Reply with quote 

You mods are simply Great just because of your comebacks im gonna register lolz Very Happy
Twisted-Prodigy

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

VoicesLLD, i think it might just be your avatar or something with the crazzy head banging..... lol

seems you have some people hate that you!!!

OMG lets have a computer typing battle!!!! GO GO GO GO!! lol
Knarl
You're Doomed

1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Twisted-Prodigy wrote:

OR WE COULD HAVE A OLD POST BUMPING BATTLE!!! GOGOGOGOGO!!!11

EMP

BNet Acct/Realm: sequences (Ladder-USEast)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

did that guy get benned? he didnt reply anymore

B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

EMP wrote:
did that guy get benned?

No.

[Important Links]
Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Twisted-Prodigy wrote:
VoicesLLD, i think it might just be your avatar or something with the crazzy head banging..... lol

Wow. You're one timely mofo. Your ability to comment on the extremely non-relevant amazes me.

Why, I bet the other day you walked up to a Catholic guy and said "hey, you know what? That whole 'sun revolves around the Earth' thing? I'll bet you feel pretty dumb about that, huh?"

Hey Prodigy - you what's really cool? I hear they're making an expansion to Diablo 2! It's gonna deal with like the Lord of Destruction or something... they haven't said for sure yet. I hope that new game has like... two new classes , because it would be totally sweet to play a female ninja or something like that.

(I know this thread is like... two weeks old, which makes me a flaming hypocrite. But I'm okay with that. Mr. Green ]

Twisted-Prodigy

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Dao Jones wrote:
Twisted-Prodigy wrote:

Wow. You're one timely mofo. Your ability to comment on the extremely non-relevant amazes me.

Why, I bet the other day you walked up to a Catholic guy and said "hey, you know what? That whole 'sun revolves around the Earth' thing? I'll bet you feel pretty dumb about that, huh?"

Hey Prodigy - you what's really cool? I hear they're making an expansion to Diablo 2! It's gonna deal with like the Lord of Destruction or something... they haven't said for sure yet. I hope that new game has like... two new classes , because it would be totally sweet to play a female ninja or something like that.

(I know this thread is like... two weeks old, which makes me a flaming hypocrite. But I'm okay with that. Mr. Green ]

is this suposed to be makin fun of me, if so now cool bro, not cool at all, lol....

ahh whatever im just a another newb!
Knarl
You're Doomed

1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Twisted-Prodigy wrote:
Dao Jones wrote:
Twisted-Prodigy wrote:

is this suposed to be makin fun of me, if so now cool bro, not cool at all, lol....

ahh whatever im just a another newb!

He's just joking with you. No need to take offense. That's Dao for you.

Page 3 of 4 [46 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Q & A Spot

Quick Reply
Username: 

Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum