LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:45 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Q & A Spot
Nice way to keep people around.
Page 2 of 4 [46 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

The Trade Rules wrote:
The 24 hour bump rule means that if you were the last person to post in your thread, you may not post anything else in your thread for at least 24 hours. Also, if your latest post does not contribute to the thread (for example, just saying "bump") and is less than 24 hours after your last post in the thread (even if other people have posted in your trade thread), it is breaking the 24 hour bump rule and your thread will be locked. If you feel that the moderator that locked your thread is in the wrong, PM him asking why, it does not need to become a public affair.

I put this into the trade rules for instances just like this one. As pointed out before, if you wanted to ask wout (shdw_DeathAdder) what runes he had for trade, you could have PMed him that.

As for your agrument saying that it was not really a bump because your thread was at the top of the page, how would the moderators know? I mean, we don't patrol these boards all the time so unless one of us was there while you bumped your thread, there is no way to know for sure that it was near the top.

If we come off as rude (or snide, as you put it) when it comes to threads such as this, it could be because we deal with these on a weekly basis and after awhile, it gets to the point where we're tired of dealing with them. There always seems to be a new uppity member every week that thinks he or she is above the simple rules set down to help this site run efficiently. For every thread that questions the rules on this site in a relatively calm manner (like this one when it started off) there are two that have to be moved to our Evidence Locker (where the moderators store posts/threads to keep track of unruly members) because this is a PG-13 forum and those threads are well, not PG-13.

Are we a strict forum? We sure are. Will we change? Not while I'm around. I've been part of many forums that have just dgenerated (sorry, couldn't help myself, Very Happy ) due to a lack of structure. If you've ever been a part of a successful forum, you'll know that it's backbone is an enforced but fair ruleset. I'd like to say that our ruleset and what we do is fair and just if perhaps a bit strict. If we step on a few toes and lose a few members by keeping the site clean and orderly, so be it, the end result will be better for not having said members. However, keep in mind that we are not the strictest of sites. When you prematurely bump your trade threads, we just lock them and tell you to wait another day before reposting them. There are sites that will not only do that but give you a warning and after a few mistimed bumps, you're gone from that site. If you break the bump rule here, however, I can pretty much guarantee that the moderator won't think twice about who did it or pass judgement on his or her character (unless you're a repeat offender). We just lock the thread, post that generic quote, and move on. No big deal, no hard feelings.

Now, if you're fine with following the rules, we're fine with dropping the whole thing. Like Sean said, this has probably just been some big misunderstanding. It's water under the bridge, we can all forget it and move on.

[Important Links]
dgenerate

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

B[x] wrote:
The Trade Rules wrote:
The 24 hour bump rule means that if you were the last person to post in your thread, you may not post anything else in your thread for at least 24 hours. Also, if your latest post does not contribute to the thread (for example, just saying "bump") and is less than 24 hours after your last post in the thread (even if other people have posted in your trade thread), it is breaking the 24 hour bump rule and your thread will be locked. If you feel that the moderator that locked your thread is in the wrong, PM him asking why, it does not need to become a public affair.

I put this into the trade rules for instances just like this one. As pointed out before, if you wanted to ask wout (shdw_DeathAdder) what runes he had for trade, you could have PMed him that.

As for your agrument saying that it was not really a bump because your thread was at the top of the page, how would the moderators know? I mean, we don't patrol these boards all the time so unless one of us was there while you bumped your thread, there is no way to know for sure that it was near the top.

If we come off as rude (or snide, as you put it) when it comes to threads such as this, it could be because we deal with these on a weekly basis and after awhile, it gets to the point where we're tired of dealing with them. There always seems to be a new uppity member every week that thinks he or she is above the simple rules set down to help this site run efficiently. For every thread that questions the rules on this site in a relatively calm manner (like this one when it started off) there are two that have to be moved to our Evidence Locker (where the moderators store posts/threads to keep track of unruly members) because this is a PG-13 forum and those threads are well, not PG-13.

Are we a strict forum? We sure are. Will we change? Not while I'm around. I've been part of many forums that have just dgenerated (sorry, couldn't help myself, Very Happy ) due to a lack of structure. If you've ever been a part of a successful forum, you'll know that it's backbone is an enforced but fair ruleset. I'd like to say that our ruleset and what we do is fair and just if perhaps a bit strict. If we step on a few toes and lose a few members by keeping the site clean and orderly, so be it, the end result will be better for not having said members. However, keep in mind that we are not the strictest of sites. When you prematurely bump your trade threads, we just lock them and tell you to wait another day before reposting them. There are sites that will not only do that but give you a warning and after a few mistimed bumps, you're gone from that site. If you break the bump rule here, however, I can pretty much guarantee that the moderator won't think twice about who did it or pass judgement on his or her character (unless you're a repeat offender). We just lock the thread, post that generic quote, and move on. No big deal, no hard feelings.

Now, if you're fine with following the rules, we're fine with dropping the whole thing. Like Sean said, this has probably just been some big misunderstanding. It's water under the bridge, we can all forget it and move on.

I didnt even know i could pm some one here till 5 minutes ago. Just signed up yesterday and havent got a chance to look around much. I just though a warning would have been enough for a new member. Really would have probly just dropped it if it werent for the sneaky remark.

I have done some forum moderating in my time so i know it can get messy.

B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

dgenerate wrote:
I didnt even know i could pm some one here till 5 minutes ago.

Well, then like Sean said, it's just been a big misunderstanding that can be walked away from.

[Important Links]
dgenerate

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

B[x] wrote:
dgenerate wrote:

Well, then like Sean said, it's just been a big misunderstanding that can be walked away from.

Nah i just read the first post again. He edited it and its worse now then it was. What an ass.

B[x]

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Knarl wrote:
I think this has all been a big misunderstanding.

I'm sorry if you've been mistreated, let's just drop this and get on with it.

He did edit one of his posts but that was about an hour and a half ago and it wasn't this one.

[Important Links]
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

dgenerate wrote:
B[x] wrote:
dgenerate wrote:

Nah i just read the first post again. He edited it and its worse now then it was. What an ass.

Who edited what? The only post I've edited was the one where I inserted my Monty Python joke to lighten the mood for those who understood it.

dgenerate

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

B[x] wrote:
Knarl wrote:
I think this has all been a big misunderstanding.

I'm sorry if you've been mistreated, let's just drop this and get on with it.

He did edit one of his posts but that was about an hour and a half ago and it wasn't this one.

Im talking aobut the sneaky remark and every thing after it. Its kool though im done. Dont need to deal with troll - toads like that.
He represents this site and ill just pass.

VoicesLLD wrote:
http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10990

your thread was locked because you replied twice (thus bumping your post) when you could have editing your first reply.

you werent locked down for this:

shdw_DeathAdder wrote:
i'll be on tomorrow arvo ( aussie time ) my accs are in ym sig

i'll show you then kool?

whats your acc?

dgenerate wrote:
My accts are

*theodin
*theodin2
*dgenerate1

Not sure what time it is in aussie. Im assuming its 6 or 7 hours later then pacific time.

you were locked for this:

dgenerate wrote:
shdw_DeathAdder wrote:
i need

43 pd sc lvl 13 81 pd sc lvl 24 10/76 gc

lets start at a nl hi rune

K, ill let it run for a few hours today. If no one offers ill do that.

Dont really play non ladder.

dgenerate wrote:
What hi runes do you have as a choice. Will probly do the trade soon since no one else has offered on them.

two replies to the same post in the same day. you have an edit button for a reason. you know you have an edit button for a reason. you chose not to use it because you knew it would bump your post up. you thought you were being sneaky, but you werent. so now you;re paying for it by having your trade thread locked. you are the exact example of why the rule was created in the first place. to stop people from constantly bumping their thread up when they arent even on the second page yet.

the next time you have a problem with a mod doing something (or think you do), PM them. or PM knarl, myself, or david (b[x]).

do NOT create a public thread to whine about it and seek sympathy. all you have done by doing so is allerted the public to you trying to be a sneaky lamer, and failing.

you are right about 1 thing. we dont NEED more patrons. if we get them, grand, but as it stands right now, we have a pretty good cammunity going.

so with that said, either follow our rules, or leave. plain and simple.

dgenerate wrote:
Any ways it doesnt look like you allow people to ask these questions in this forum either since you reply with a snide remark and then lock the thread.

those snide remarks are given to people like you who cannot grasp the concept and always assume they are being punished (or what is more than likely the case; try to make it look like) for one thing, when it is infact another. such as this scenario.

and topics get locked because we dont need any further discussion about it.

http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10920
the question was answered. so the thread was locked. there is no need for further discussion

http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11027
same for this.

http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10931
and same for this.

please use your eyes more carefully from now on.

As for knarl Good to see ya maybe ill see ya around.

VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

i edited that post the same time you posted your second reply. i often edit my replies after if posted them, as i am not satisfied with what i have said, or have changed my mind about saying something.

im going to ignore the toad/troll comment, because you are just doing exactly what you told me i shouldnt. that being "dont judge you because i dont know you". hypocrite.

im glad you are are going to move on.

GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

back out dgenerate. You have a very weak case against the quadmod powerteam, any angle is allowed for their side, and none for ours, its a tough, tough battle.
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

GODZ_llds wrote:
back out dgenerate. You have a very weak case against the quadmod powerteam, any angle is allowed for their side, and none for ours, its a tough, tough battle.

there goes mr pity party, again.. mr "everyone is so tough on me, im so hard done by".

im getting incredibly tired of hearing you constantly put in some lame "rebel" comment whenever i, or another mod gets in a conflict with a member. guess what? its a tired act. its an old show. you being "the shining knight for all the new members" is old news.

realize not everything needs to have your head in it. let alone, not everyone cares to hear you whine and complain about you being "the little guy" and us mods being "the big power house crushing the little guy". just. grow up.

you say "any angle is allowed for their team". but christ kid. you are as blind as they come. 90% of the time a mistake is made by us, its us catching ourselves and correcting ourselves. the 10% you see, is the stuff members catch, and then tell us about to correct. so you need to also realize you dont know jack shit about how we work/operate. and you need to damn well stop complaining.

pretty soon you;re gonna be the boy who cried wolf, and your cries will fall on deaf ears.

Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:06 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Whoa! WHOA! Whoa!!

Look, in all the ruffled feathers and flying accusations in this thread something has been completely overlooked:

B[x] wrote:
have to be moved to our Evidence Locker

You have an "evidence locker" Shocked

I'll bet there's funny reading to be found in there! Be honest - do you guys ever pop into that vault and read some of the stupid stuff us members have done/said, just for kicks? I totally would. Wink

Also, to weigh in as someone who has himself on more than one occasion felt the bite of the Mods' displeasure, I'll offer this: at the end of the day after everything is said and done, no matter how brilliant, insightful, accurate, well-spoken and justified your argument against the powers that be on here, there can be only one conclusion to the disagreement: you are wrong. Why? Because we post here at their pleasure, not ours. They can (and have, and will) correct mistakes when they have been made, and a reasoned PM to them will oftentimes get you the result you want. (I've had a post unlocked for me after explaining to a mod that I caught my posting mistake within a minute of posting, and was in the process of correcting it when it got locked down.) But the bottom line is that they maintain these forums for us, but in doing so we tacitly understand/agree to play by the rules that they set forth, no matter how annoying, impractical, and insufferable they may seem. If the rules for the forum include the following warning:

Quote:
Note to all posters! If you bump your trade post more than once per 24 hours, we will hack your account, eBay off your items, and use the proceeds to buy high-quality uncut Brazilian cocaine which we will snort off the naked body of a Thailand prostitute.

...then don't be surprised or indignant when you've bumped your post, then log onto D2 only to find your account hacked and some mod twitching in the corner starting at his hand while nursing a nosebleed.

Point is: yes, it sucks. Yes, it's unfair. But, it's life.

Also, understand this, because it will go a long way toward harmonious living on the lld101 forums: Voices is an 800lb gorilla. He doesn't seem like the kind of person that restrains himself or minces words when dealing with someone he feels is in the wrong. Some would call this a lack of tact. Others would call it brutal honesty. But get used to it, because it's part of his charm, and I very much doubt he's going to start watering down his chastisement any time soon.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
Captain Crunch

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Dao Jones wrote:
I'll bet there's funny reading to be found in there! Be honest - do you guys ever pop into that vault and read some of the stupid stuff us members have done/said, just for kicks? I totally would. Wink

i do that Very Happy

You're a stupid thread.

GODZ!

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

All i said was that he should back out becuase he's not going to win. I only poked my "head" in becuase it was the quadmod team against him, thats all. The difference between me and you voices is that i really don't care where you seem to take this as a passion. This is a fun forum, i realize it can be annoying after repetative problems but that still doesn't mean it still can't be fun. The Lord says work should be fun, so why not make it that. Stay possitive. I'm sorry that your "really tired," maybe you should give it a nap.

P.S. Do you really think i do this becuase he is a new person and needs guidance? If so then i think you should pay attention to what you say about me needing to pay attention to posts. If i think something is unfair against someone or unfair odds, then i'll put in a small input that i would think might help them in any way. Good one too, petty insults like "kid" and such just show you are becoming weak and are resorting the name calling becuase you are losing your defense. Or so i think. One defensive post for one flame.
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Dao Jones wrote:
we post here at their pleasure, not ours. They can (and have, and will) correct mistakes when they have been made, and a reasoned PM to them will oftentimes get you the result you want. (I've had a post unlocked for me after explaining to a mod that I caught my posting mistake within a minute of posting, and was in the process of correcting it when it got locked down.) But the bottom line is that they maintain these forums for us, but in doing so we tacitly understand/agree to play by the rules that they set forth

this is correct. and godz, you are lucky you are even still around here. on any other forum, the kind of stuff you pull would have had you banned long ago. compared to the other major trade forums out there, we are about as lenient as it gets towards letting members have posting freedom.

GODZ!

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

I'm not like this in other forums becuase there is no mods like you that require people like me to defend. If it weren't for you i probably wouldn't even be like this, heck, im not even like this except for posts that reguard def against you. I want to make this clear, in any way shape or form i do not hate or dislike you nor do i hold a grudge against you, i just find it a self given right to defend when people are weak or when i am attacked. By the way i want you to know this too. This isn't your forum, this is not a God given right for you to post here, you are also lucky to post here. The kind of stuff you pull as a mod wouldn't be accepted anywhere else im sure either.
Page 2 of 4 [46 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Q & A Spot

Quick Reply
Username: 

Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum