LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Q & A Spot
Nice way to keep people around.
Page 1 of 4 [46 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
dgenerate

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject:  Nice way to keep people around.   Reply with quote 

I did not bump my post. There was a reply to an offer. Then there was a question from me to that person 3 hours later when i was ready to trade. Not my fault he didnt reply to it.

So pretty much gonna gather that you cant have a person offer, reply and trade in the same day since that might make you post more then once in a day or even in a row. I think its stupid to punish people for communication. You can post here but dont talk communicate thats not allowed. Rolling Eyes

Maybe my mistake was not creating a new thread for that item and then asking my question? Any ways it doesnt look like you allow people to ask these questions in this forum either since you reply with a snide remark and then lock the thread.

Really makes me want stick around and trade, specially with the 24 hour punishment. I was waved down and pointed here by gorky like ya all needed patrons.. Guess not

http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10990

VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

your thread was locked because you replied twice (thus bumping your post) when you could have editing your first reply.

you werent locked down for this:

shdw_DeathAdder wrote:
i'll be on tomorrow arvo ( aussie time ) my accs are in ym sig

i'll show you then kool?

whats your acc?

dgenerate wrote:
My accts are

*theodin
*theodin2
*dgenerate1

Not sure what time it is in aussie. Im assuming its 6 or 7 hours later then pacific time.

you were locked for this:

dgenerate wrote:
shdw_DeathAdder wrote:
i need

43 pd sc lvl 13 81 pd sc lvl 24 10/76 gc

lets start at a nl hi rune

K, ill let it run for a few hours today. If no one offers ill do that.

Dont really play non ladder.

dgenerate wrote:
What hi runes do you have as a choice. Will probly do the trade soon since no one else has offered on them.

two replies to the same post in the same day. you have an edit button for a reason. you know you have an edit button for a reason. you chose not to use it because you knew it would bump your post up. you thought you were being sneaky, but you werent. so now you;re paying for it by having your trade thread locked. you are the exact example of why the rule was created in the first place. to stop people from constantly bumping their thread up when they arent even on the second page yet.

the next time you have a problem with a mod doing something (or think you do), PM them. or PM knarl, myself, or david (b[x]).

do NOT create a public thread to whine about it and seek sympathy. all you have done by doing so is allerted the public to you trying to be a sneaky lamer, and failing.

you are right about 1 thing. we dont NEED more patrons. if we get them, grand, but as it stands right now, we have a pretty good cammunity going.

so with that said, either follow our rules, or leave. plain and simple.

dgenerate wrote:
Any ways it doesnt look like you allow people to ask these questions in this forum either since you reply with a snide remark and then lock the thread.

those snide remarks are given to people like you who cannot grasp the concept and always assume they are being punished (or what is more than likely the case; try to make it look like) for one thing, when it is infact another. such as this scenario.

and topics get locked because we dont need any further discussion about it.

http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10920
the question was answered. so the thread was locked. there is no need for further discussion

http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11027
same for this.

http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10931
and same for this.

please use your eyes more carefully from now on.

dgenerate

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

VoicesLLD wrote:

your thread was lockde because you replied twice (thus bumping your post) when you could have editing your first reply.

you werent locked down for this:

shdw_DeathAdder wrote:
i'll be on tomorrow arvo ( aussie time ) my accs are in ym sig

i'll show you then kool?

whats your acc?

dgenerate wrote:
My accts are

*theodin
*theodin2
*dgenerate1

Not sure what time it is in aussie. Im assuming its 6 or 7 hours later then pacific time.

you were locked for this:

dgenerate wrote:
shdw_DeathAdder wrote:
i need

43 pd sc lvl 13 81 pd sc lvl 24 10/76 gc

lets start at a nl hi rune

K, ill let it run for a few hours today. If no one offers ill do that.

Dont really play non ladder.

dgenerate wrote:
What hi runes do you have as a choice. Will probly do the trade soon since no one else has offered on them.

two replies to the same post in the same day. you have an edit button for a reason. you know you have an edit button for a reason. you chose not to use it because you knew it would bump your post up. you thought you were being sneaky, but you werent. so now you;re paying for it by having your trade thread locked. you are the exact example of why the rule was created in the first place. to stop people from constantly bumping their thread up when they arent even on the second page yet.

the next time you have a problem with a mod doing something (or think you do), PM them. or PM knarl, myself, or david (b[x]).

do NOT create a public thread to whine about it and seek sympathy. all you have done by doing so is allerted the public to you trying to be a sneaky lamer, and failing.

you are right about 1 thing. we dont NEED more patrons. if we get them, grand, but as it stands right now, we have a pretty good cammunity going.

so with that said, either follow our rules, or leave. plain and simple.

Why the hell would i bump my post when it was at the top of the page already. No lower the the 3rd slot. Your site isnt busy enough to need to bump a post. How old are you..... Im at a loss for words. Your reply was just childish and way WRONG>

VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

please explain to me how my reply was childish.

ill be waiting on the edge of my seat for your explaination.

dgenerate

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

VoicesLLD wrote:
please explain to me how my reply was childish.

ill be waiting on the edge of my seat for your explaination.

you thought you were being sneaky, but you werent. so now you;re paying for it by having your trade thread locked. you are the exact example of why the rule was created in the first place. to stop people from constantly bumping their thread up when they arent even on the second page yet.

You dont know me for one. Your flat out wrong. This is a joke and not good way to keep good people around let alone adults.

Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

All that needs to be learned from this is to edit your posts in the future when you elaborate on something pertaining to your last post.

Now let's stop bickering about who killed who and...oh wait, this isn't Monty Python.

Last edited by Knarl on Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
dgenerate

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Knarl wrote:
All that needs to be learned from this is to edit your posts in the future when you elaborate on something pertaining to your last post.

I learned alot from this. I thought i found a decent place to do some trading, I was wrong. I clearly stated i would trade in a few hours if no one replied. No one did so i asked what runes he had so we could get the ball rolling on the trade.

I could have seen this being done if there was more trafic and my post was on the bottom or second page. It was at the top and i admitt that. Like i said communication seems to be no go here.

Captain Crunch

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

dgenerate wrote:
How old are you.....

what does his age have to do with anything? there are plenty of teenagers and young adults who are more mature than older people. and if u think your older than he is...well u certainly arent acting that way.
dgenerate wrote:
This is a joke and not good way to keep good people around let alone adults.

if u want to leave because u think our rules are wrong or too harsh, then your welcome to. all ull be missing out on is the best lld site anywhere.
dgenerate wrote:
I could have seen this being done if there was more trafic and my post was on the bottom or second page. It was at the top and i admitt that. Like i said communication seems to be no go here.

and u still havnet grasped the fact that u can edit a post?

You're a stupid thread.

dgenerate

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

dgenerate wrote:
This is a joke and not good way to keep good people around let alone adults.

if u want to leave because u think our rules are wrong or too harsh, then your welcome to. all ull be missing out on is the best lld site anywhere.

The bump rule is fine. LIKE I SAID you dont have enough traffic to warrent bumps. YOU SAID i was trying to be sneaky and bump my page. THAT IS BULL.

dgenerate wrote:

and u still havnet grasped the fact that u can edit a post?[/quote]

Why would i edit that post. I answered his question towards the post he replied to. I was asking him a question of my own.

Knarl
You're Doomed

1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

This is a decent place to do some trading.

The rules aren't unreasonable or hard to follow. They are there for a reason. If you have a moral dilemma about following them, then you are welcome to discontinue your trading efforts. No one is forcing you to trade here if you don't like it. But the point is that you broke a rule, and you don't seem to think so, so you are rebelling and trying to get some special attention because you're an adult.

I'm 20, Voices is older than me, if he wishes to disclose his age, he's welcome to. So talking as one mature person to another, the "adult" thing to do in this situation is to drop the argument and do one of two things: 1) Continue trading here and follow the rules and everything will be fine, or 2) Find another place where you find the rules to be acceptable to trade your LLD items.

But this thread won't continue much longer if it keeps going like this. I suggest the egos get dropped and that we get on with our lives. Internet arguments get nowhere, and you gain nothing.

VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

dgenerate wrote:

The bump rule is fine. LIKE I SAID you dont have enough traffic to warrent bumps. YOU SAID i was trying to be sneaky and bump my page. THAT IS BULL.

chill out, and act like the adult you claim to be.

Knarballz: interesting conversation going on with that dgenerate guy's post
Knarballz: i dont think he was being sneaky though if his post was really only a few posts down
thelittlev0ices:i was more refering to him being sneaky about him pointing people in another direction, from what he was actually punished for
Knarballz: maybe if you explained that it would drop the argument
thelittlev0ices: ok

Quote:

Why would i edit that post. I answered his question towards the post he replied to. I was asking him a question of my own.

then you could have PM'd him instead. if you had read teh rules, you would have known what you were doing would get your thread locked. if you did read the rules, then you knew you were taking your chances of being caught, and you were caught. suck it up, and move on.

dgenerate

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Knarl wrote:
This is a decent place to do some trading.

The rules aren't unreasonable or hard to follow. They are there for a reason. If you have a moral dilemma about following them, then you are welcome to discontinue your trading efforts. No one is forcing you to trade here if you don't like it. But the point is that you broke a rule, and you don't seem to think so, so you are rebelling and trying to get some special attention because you're an adult.

I'm 20, Voices is older than me, if he wishes to disclose his age, he's welcome to. So talking as one mature person to another, the "adult" thing to do in this situation is to drop the argument and do one of two things: 1) Continue trading here and follow the rules and everything will be fine, or 2) Find another place where you find the rules to be acceptable to trade your LLD items.

But this thread won't continue much longer if it keeps going like this. I suggest the egos get dropped and that we get on with our lives. Internet arguments get nowhere, and you gain nothing.

Im not looking for special attention. The first responce i got was bull crap. Like i need to be sneaky on a forum room that gets 10 posts a day. As for not following the rules. I didnt bump my post, and i didnt think i needed to edit the first post to ask a question that would start to finalize the trade. Instead of giving a little advise to a new user he or she slapped my hand by banning me from posting a trade for a day, and call my a sneaky liar. Whats to not like.

If i had been warned in that thread the post was considered bumping i would have said ok and not done it again. I was actually looking forward to a slower pace site. Anyways, good to see your still around knarl.

Knarl
You're Doomed

1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

I think this has all been a big misunderstanding.

I'm sorry if you've been mistreated, let's just drop this and get on with it.

Btw, now that you mention it, dgenerate sounds familiar. Where do I know you from? Clan-honor?

Captain Crunch

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

dgenerate wrote:
Like i need to be sneaky on a forum room that gets 10 posts a day.

are u kidding me? we probably get closer to 100 posts a day...
dgenerate wrote:
If i had been warned in that thread the post was considered bumping i would have said ok and not done it again. I was actually looking forward to a slower pace site.

jason used to do warnings. then, i guess he got tired of the new people waiting for the first warning before actually paying attention to the rules, so he stopped.

You're a stupid thread.

dgenerate

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Think we played around the same people or some thing. Cant remember. I used to do a fair amount of LLDing so that might also be where i know ya.

I was talking about the forum my thread got locked in. I was off and on most of yesterday and it didnt get 100posts or i could see you thinking i was bumping the post.

Page 1 of 4 [46 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Q & A Spot

Quick Reply
Username: 

Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum