LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Taking a break from D2, gonna give GW a spin, got questions
Page 2 of 2 [20 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject:  

Dao Jones wrote:
Ultimately, I decided be a Necromancer/Monk.

This was one of the builds that I was thinking about making for my next character (or perhaps a Mo/N). Let me know how it goes.

[Important Links]
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject:  

Well, so far I've focused on Death magic, with a little Blood and Soul Reaping, and nothing in my Monk abilities. Right now my primary concern is how I will benefit a group I'm in. My Death magic doesn't really do as much damage as a good elementalist can do (I think - seems low), and while my summons are tough, I'm not sure what else I'll be doing. I'm currently debating between Protection or Smiting magic (I figure I'll skip healing, since I won't be that great at it anyway.), and if I get faster on the spells I may switch out Blood magic for Curses. But it seems like a fairly versatile support caster. Guess I'll find out.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
Don Vito

BNet Acct/Realm: [nl-e]
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Taking a break from D2, gonna give GW a spin, got questi  

Dao Jones wrote:

1) Mesmers: how well do their skills work against opponents? To read it, it sounds like they can seriously bamboozle and deter an enemies' attack with effects, but are these effects effective enough to consider this class?

they are very good for the ole "bamboozle" Cool , but they take some practice, and thats why i only use my mes when i play. once u get the hang of this char, it can be dynomite!
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: And just like that, it all clicked...  

B[x] wrote:
Dao Jones wrote:
Ultimately, I decided be a Necromancer/Monk.

This was one of the builds that I was thinking about making for my next character (or perhaps a Mo/N). Let me know how it goes.

Update. I've been increasingly disatisfied with my N/Mo lately. I was focused in Death Magic, Soul Reaping and Healing (needed for parties), and I'd been feeling like I was both a secondary damage dealer and a secondary healer. (i.e. not a "primary" anything.) I couldn't deal out death like a Elementalist, and my healing spells were too weak to be as effective as a Monk's. (My best Death attack was Deadly Swarm which did 54 damage to three opponents but took 3 seconds to cast, while my healing could only heal about 37 damage; neither was particularly potent.) And while my summons were useful as extra tanks, they weren't exactly worth basing a build around. So, in frustration I started swapping around skills, and came up with a really good skill package: Curses, Soul Reaping, Smite and Healing. I use the following skills:

1. Mark of Pain
2. Shadow of Fear
3. Bane Signet
4. Symbol of Wrath
5. Orison of Healing
6. Retribution
7. Live Vicariously
8. Resurrect

I usually cast Retribution on two Warriors, and Live Vicariously on the fastest attacker. This leaves me with only one Energy regen pip but (and here's where being a Necro primary comes in handy) having 7 Soul Reaping means than Energy regen isn't usually an issue. I keep Orison handy to help with a little healing as needed, Symbol of Wrath for when I get mobbed, and Bane Signet to interrupt the occasional foe. The two Curses really help the tanks against mobs: Shadow slows enemy groups down while Mark deals about 20 damage to adjacent foes whenever the target is hit.

This build seems to work *much* better in parties. My enchantments do constant damage to foes (and keep my health up), while my curses keep the enemy from being effective. I like this a lot better than my Death/Heal combo. Trying to be a damage dealer with a Necro just isn't worth it.

(Incidentally, I went with Curses instead of Blood because at this point the best Blood ability I have is Well of Blood, which seems cool but isn't very useful. Too often by the time I had a Well going, the battle had moved beyond the perimeter of the Well, and it went unused.)

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
strykerz

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject:  

I know an EXTREMELY good n/mo (name is "Indivisible Truth" if you wanna talk to him) who has nearing 400 hours on his n/mo... he for the first like 300 hours was my favorite healer to group with using soul-reap with heal prayers he could pretty much never run out of mana to heal which was great cause primary monks seem to always be out.. and if 1 person did die he got mana from it so only 1 would die and not more like primary monks. I think he has teched to curs/prot prayer at this point, not sure as i havent logged on in over a week but he was talkin about it. In any case, if you wanna be a really kick ass healer send him a whisper and talk to him for a while, tell him Hadin sent ya and he will be sure to give you all the help you need Very Happy

And if i manage to pull myself away from B.O.T.S. and back to GW ill be happy to help ya on Hadin Garkhan.. hes a war/mo and considered by pretty much any top ladder pvpers i play with to be best warrior ever seen Twisted Evil Twisted Evil (mainly cause i got really fuck all lucky on some drops hahaha, and my build while random ended up sick lol)

Page 2 of 2 [20 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Jump to: