LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:15 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
[Guild Wars] Random Talk
Page 2 of 4 [46 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:02 am    Post subject:  

Arcane[hoh] wrote:
traditionally game graphics used pixels. they still do. but now they have made it to where the video card will smooth out the rough edges on pixels so that they dont have a jagged appearannce

i guess you have to have a graphic eye for that. i didnt notice a difference either.

Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:25 am    Post subject:  

http://www.widearea.co.uk/designer/anti.html

youll start to notice it now that your aware of it

matic_random

BNet Acct/Realm: usEast -usWest [NL] Unknown Legends Crew
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject:  

ill buy one this weekend hopefully,btw can any1 tell me wut kinda pc requirements it got?

nationalsigleague.com
retired lvl18 palie
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject:  

Okay... just slapped together my first guy. Ranger (level 2 at the moment), considering branching into Monk or Necromancer. His name is Djibril Hafasa. Dear god, if any of you more experienced players happen to see me around, show this poor nublet some wisdom and patience. Shocked

Right now I'm trying to figure out how (and where) to recruit npcs, and if there's any way to ID items without buying a 100 gold ID kit.

[Edit: new guy posted further down. Don't add this dude - he was just here to get my feet wet.]

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)

Last edited by Dao Jones on Mon May 30, 2005 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject:  

Dao Jones wrote:
Okay... just slapped together my first guy. Ranger (level 2 at the moment), considering branching into Monk or Necromancer. His name is Djibril Hafasa. Dear god, if any of you more experienced players happen to see me around, show this poor nublet some wisdom and patience. Shocked

Right now I'm trying to figure out how (and where) to recruit npcs, and if there's any way to ID items without buying a 100 gold ID kit.

you can recruit hirelings, but only after the searing. and they;re free, they just take a portion of the gold you collect when they are in your party.

and there isnt a way to identify things without the kit. it eventually becomes worth it. its basically 4 gold a pop to indentify, so if you are identifying items that sell for 5+ then you;re in the blue. anything lower and its being wasted. but usually blue items will sell for atleast 5+.

matic_random

BNet Acct/Realm: usEast -usWest [NL] Unknown Legends Crew
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject:  

i got gw yesterday,and im buying new card radeon 9600xt in few days got it 4 very nice price,but i can still play gw with my old card just lags whole lot.

anyways u can find me on /matic black widow

i also need some help to get a go with this game cause im just lost,lmao,just too used to d2 and didnt play any other rpgs that came out recently

nationalsigleague.com
retired lvl18 palie
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject:  

matic_random wrote:

i also need some help to get a go with this game cause im just lost,lmao,just too used to d2 and didnt play any other rpgs that came out recently

http://www.gwonline.net/

XxCold_DeathxX

BNet Acct/Realm: Palm Springs
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject:  

Gloria Deathsong

I got a POS computer. 1.2 Ghz with Intel probably 16 MB video factory card in it. 384 MB RAM. Game runs great. I only seldom (once every 5 hours) have a problem where the landscape goes white in town. All i do is log off and log on and it goes away. Don't know what problems you guys are having but I do have Road Runner High Speed Cable Internet. Like I said its a POS computer and game runs great. I actually ran D2 and GW at the same time for several hours.

We gonna make a Guild or what....that would be easier then trying to compile a lame list that everyone has to enter in each and every name. Dao head it up Wink

We need some real competitive gamers to be in this guild not teenagers or kids!

P.S. Im getting a new comp soon.

rarnold696969
Lvl 30: Cold Sorc, Elem Druid, Sorc Killing Pally
Vlld: TSin
Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject:  

XxCold_DeathxX wrote:
We need some real competitive gamers to be in this guild

and

Quote:
Dao head it up

Are mutually exclusive, and a bit oxymoronical...

And there's nothing wrong with teenagers, so long as they understand they don't know anything, they're never right, and good spelling is the key to not looking like a nitwit in an online game. Actually, the previous rules are generally applicable to everyone - it's just that teenagers have the hardest time grasping the first two. Wink

VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject:  

XxCold_DeathxX wrote:

We gonna make a Guild or what....that would be easier then trying to compile a lame list that everyone has to enter in each and every name. Dao head it up Wink

We need some real competitive gamers to be in this guild not teenagers or kids!

more than 70% of this forum is made up of "teenagers and kids". if you were to make a guild in LLD101s name, youd have to allow anyone on this website in. thats only fair.

and be our guest if you want to spend the 2k gold to register a guild. but there are already 2 other guilds i know of that have members of this site in them, and im not interested in creating/joining a lld101 guild.

Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:

more than 70% of this forum is made up of "teenagers and kids". if you were to make a guild in LLD101s name, youd have to allow anyone on this website in. thats only fair.

Yes, and more to the point: "lld101" is essentially the intellectual property of the owner of this website, which is Knarl to my understanding, and it would be subject to him as to whom he would want running something in "His" name. (Mind you, this is hardly a copyright issue, but there is a minor amount of legal accuracy to my statement.)

Plus, and more to the point, LLD101.com is really a Diablo 2 concept, not a Guild Wars concept. Though many people from here play there, it is not accurate to say that Guild Wars functions in the context of this website. Furthermore... LLD101 isn't a clan, or guild. But you all know that...

I'd say, Cold, that if you want a guild you should make one yourself and let in whomever you wish. I doubt there's much momentum on here for the maybe dozen or so GW players to unionize, such as it were. Voices has made it clear he's not interested, I would likewise probably not join, and I haven't seen anyone else express interest in the idea. However, don't let that deter you from making a guild! If the idea is fun for you it's fun, and I'm sure many people here would appreciate the assistance you could give to newer GW players.

Now... since this is a stickied topic about character names on GW let's either move this subject to a new post, or just kill it and not pollute the sticky.

XxCold_DeathxX

BNet Acct/Realm: Palm Springs
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject:  

Fiona Flamestriker

New Elem/Mo you can see some question/details about her in another post.

Back to guild real quick that is fine I got 2 Plat I might spend on a guild.
I wasn't in particularily going to call it LLD101 guild I just wanted some nice people from here to join a guild that we can all play under rather then adding everyone that we know 1 at a time. I shall make my own little guild sometime I guess when I feel that I have enough "friends" to get a group together.

I am not having the best of time trying to find good people to play with and that is the whole reason I wanted to play with some of you.

Thanks for bursting my bubble guys. Have fun wherever you are and whatever you do.

rarnold696969
Lvl 30: Cold Sorc, Elem Druid, Sorc Killing Pally
Vlld: TSin
Rampage

BNet Acct/Realm: US East
12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject:  

XxCold_DeathxX wrote:
Fiona Flamestriker

New Elem/Mo you can see some question/details about her in another post.

Back to guild real quick that is fine I got 2 Plat I might spend on a guild.
I wasn't in particularily going to call it LLD101 guild I just wanted some nice people from here to join a guild that we can all play under rather then adding everyone that we know 1 at a time. I shall make my own little guild sometime I guess when I feel that I have enough "friends" to get a group together.

I am not having the best of time trying to find good people to play with and that is the whole reason I wanted to play with some of you.

Thanks for bursting my bubble guys. Have fun wherever you are and whatever you do.

I think xxkarnagexx and B[x] are in a Guild and both of them are good guys. I have spent the 2000 gold and designed a cape. That is about the extent of my Guild because I am too busy to play a lot right now but anyone that wants to jump aboard is welcome.
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject:  

im thinking about spending 2k just so i can have my own cool cape that no one else does. but then again, i only have 3k.

and i have a new character.

w/mo named Erik The Red.

Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:
im thinking about spending 2k just so i can have my own cool cape that no one else does.

This temptation has also seized me, I'll admit.

However, my feeling is that this game is starting to feel just a little bit like D2 to me, at least in the social aspect of it. The game is barely what - a month old - and I'm already seeing people selling 500k gold for 70 bucks on websites. When D2 came out it probably took at least a few years before people had beaten the game into the ground enough to get to the point that GW is starting to reach. It's a bit disappointing, because it feels like the game has lost its "new car smell", if you will, when there are already people asking to be "rushed" to new areas, and 20th level characters offering their questing services for money. It's bad enough you hear people bitching that PvE is boring, and that they've beaten the game 4365723657 times; it seems worse somehow that this mindset may inflict the general population soon.

Back to the point: I think money is going to start accumulating with an even worse frenzy than it has now, and soon having a cape will be neither "unique" nor particularly different. Everyone and their dog will have a guild cape, and every design possible will be seen on the back of countless players.

I think, instead, I'll do something silly, like buy the most unpopular dye possible (I think Yellow is the current contender, or possibly Orange) and dye everything I own that shade. Maybe I'll form a guild, and require that members also dye themselves this color...

Page 2 of 4 [46 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Jump to: