LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri May 31, 2024 6:27 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Page 6 of 15 [214 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, ..., 13, 14, 15 Next
Rabby

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject:  

so far i've only seen 1 guy talking bout nything 'advanced' uhm im thinking most of uguyz are plain casual players?
ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject:  

Does it matter? Are you a master or also a casual player?

Rabby

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject:  

nowhere near a master Very Happy but when i go to tourney's i usually rank 3/4th place
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject:  

ThatGuy wrote:
I had a 11 1/2 hour smashfest yesterday (yeah...3 pm-2:30 am) and I was dominating. Funny thing is my C. Falcon actually sucks, and I just realized that, but my Dorf is so pawnage, and my Link and D. Mario seem to benefit from that. So I think those are my mains (Heh...I'm like a super counter picker...).

Yeah, the dorf is definitely one of my favorite characters to mess around with, especially in teams. Yeah, I usually end up killing my teammate at least once between his sweeping f-air and wall of u-air spike, but at the same time, all my teammate has to do is toss them in my general direction and I'll hit them in some way, and as a result, will inevitably kill them. Twisted Evil Still, I'd recommend that you should consider picking up a top tier character so you don't get completely raped by tier whores whose best characters are Marth, Fox, and Falco Confused, because in all honesty, this game's good but broken, and you're probably gonna need a "good" character to back up your Ganon or Link.

Quote:
I can L-Cancel, Tech, Tech chase, Wavedash (properly and consistantly, but I can't use it for mobility very well, still needs timing practice), SHFFLs, Dash dance, Reverse U-air spikes (about 90% consistancy with Gdorf), Edgehopped ariels, Chain grab, edgeguard, bomb jump (only w/ Link, not Y. Link Sad), edgehog, and mindgame effectively. I have a VERY hard time edgehopping ariels with Gdorf, and I am still in the process of Ledgedashing jabs/tilts, pivots (1 frame to throw in an attack? Yeeash), wavedashing mobility, edgehopped ariels with Gdorf, and especially wall-teching (Marth's F-Smash! Arrrgh!).

Wow, I'm quite impressed by how quickly you learned all that, and I'm not even sure what a pivot is! You must be a natural. Wink It took me months to get all of that down (and I'm still working on mindgamin' like the Smash gods out there). A good bit of it might've been the fact that I mained as Peach back then, and with Float Cancelling and her d-smash, I didn't really need the other advanced techniques as much as, say, Samus, which is Fleur's main.

I think at Final Destination, the only possible ledgehops without killing yourself is the Up Air and the Back Air (though I haven't tried the N-Air, but it kinda sucks anyway), so it might not be just your problem.

Quote:
I would like to see some videos of you playing, and I'm sure you want to see some of mine =P. I'll see what I can do but don't expect me to put any of me up anytime soon (like...months?).

It'll be a while for me, too, but hopefully the next tournament'll inspire initiative into me if I don't get served by KM like last time again. Rolling Eyes

Are you going to be in Montreal the last week of March? That's when Fleur is gonna be around, and even though I can't make it, I think it'd be interesting to know how Canadian smashers play. Very Happy

Rabby wrote:
so far i've only seen 1 guy talking bout nything 'advanced' uhm im thinking most of uguyz are plain casual players?

I consider myself a casual player, as I never money match and only really play for fun, but if you live anywhere near Delaware or Virginia, I'd be happy to show you how we casuals enjoy ourselves. Wink Just to warn you though: I'm not a tier whore by choice, but I can pick up any of the top tier characters (Marth, Fox, Shiek, Falco, Peach) and use 'em like they're my main. Twisted Evil

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject:  

All this talk about special techniques and learning the game... is stupid imo. I just play the game how it's supposed to be played... like not using grabs in the first smash... or not using shield grab because that's gay.

I switch between young link and shiek mostly, only picked shiek because all my friends, who I usually beat, wanted me to pick a bad character and since none of us used Shiek/Zelda I picked her. Now I'm probably the best with her, I like her the best because she's fast on the ground and in the air her speed doesn't increase so you can actually manuever her alot better.
ThatGuy

5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject:  

Lol Grim, I guess no one told you Shiek is #1 on the tier list, a.k.a the dominating character in the game =P. Looks like Shiek isn't such a "bad" character.

Well...I think I might have stretched a bit on those advanced techs...let's see. I can do ledgedashes well enough (70%?), tech chase...err...not very well, L-cancel, wavedash and platform dashes are good, so are SHFFLs, DD's, and Teching. My Uair edgeguard is meh, but after watching "Triforce of Power" video by Thomas Tipman (OMFG hands down best vid I've seen so far), I see many ways it could be tweaked, so it should improve my game a lot. For some reason, I have difficulty doing the infinite edgehog (which should be like the easiest thing to do!?!) with Gdorf because every time I test it out my friends somehow get an attack in =/. My Ledgehopped Uairs (which should be the only thing I ledgehop) SUCK, I can't do them because they are so rediculously tough (I might as well practice infinites =S too bad I don't like Fox). I've yet to test my teching abilities against a Marth Fsmash (coming this Thursday I'll try it out =O).

Pivots are when you dash forward, and while in the dash frame, you turn around (like a DD). When you turn, you have 1 frame of a neutral stance, in which you could get an attack off. DL the Triforce of Power vid, because Tipman actually shows all the advanced techs needed for Ganondorf very well.

My mindgames?....yeah right...

I think I'll TRY picking up Shiek for the sake of what you said, Squirrel, and for the sake of getting the Triforce together in one big happy family =)

ThatGuy

5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject:  

Sorry for double post, but I just watched a vid of Fleur against a crazy ass marth...OMG! You must be REALLY good to keep up with this guy, because I can't pull off the stuff that he was doing so flawlessly! To be honest, I don't think I would be much of a challenge vs. him, but there are some people that I'm sure will want to play him and pose a good challenge. I might be able to hold a smashfest at my place while he's in town =O

Rabby

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject:  

SoaringSquirrel wrote:
ThatGuy wrote:
I had a 11 1/2 hour smashfest yesterday (yeah...3 pm-2:30 am) and I was dominating. Funny thing is my C. Falcon actually sucks, and I just realized that, but my Dorf is so pawnage, and my Link and D. Mario seem to benefit from that. So I think those are my mains (Heh...I'm like a super counter picker...).

Rabby wrote:

I consider myself a casual player, as I never money match and only really play for fun, but if you live anywhere near Delaware or Virginia, I'd be happy to show you how we casuals enjoy ourselves. Wink Just to warn you though: I'm not a tier whore by choice, but I can pick up any of the top tier characters (Marth, Fox, Shiek, Falco, Peach) and use 'em like they're my main. Twisted Evil

tier whore Razz

my best char is Falco, altough i just use him in tourneys/money matches, but for when im just having fun i'd like to wreck havoc with my zelda Very Happy

but, im from jolly Holland...so i aint close Very Happy
ThatGuy

5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject:  

Hey, I hear Fleur is coming to town this week. You better remind him to go to my smashfest next Thursday =O

SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject:  

Oh, he's coming. He's bringing a friend too, who isn't as good as either of us, but he's good enough to go about even with me while I'm really trashed. He's gotten better than me, though, since he often goes to tournaments and Smashfests, while I just hang around town and mingle or study during the weekends.

Anyway, he's meeting up with a few reputable Quebecois smashers on Saturday, and then going to your place Thursday, I believe. Enjoy! Razz

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject:  

Actually since we always just assume Sheik was a bad character without ever really trying her out. Luigi is always fun to, after I started playing Sheik as my main we did realize she's extremely good, so my friends also started practicing with her.
ThatGuy

5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject:  

Well, I played Fleur and Paraj yesterday, and it was quite fun. 14 people in total were here, and Fleur actually came in with his buddy unnoticed as I was playing a match, so one of the smashers told me "Hey, some more people are here" and it was Fleur. He has an awesome Samus, and a pretty good Marth. My poor friend mains C. Falcon and has a really good one, but since Fleur plays G-reg a lot he was able to 3 stock my friend =(.

I personally played horribly last night. A guy I usually rape day in day out was beating me up with his crappy secondary, an egg spamming Yoshi. I couldn't believe it.

Fleur basically took the whole place by storm until The Hard Hitters (Vwins, Jih, Damax(Pow), and Bam) came in, and they started laying on the pressure. The place basicaly exploded into a smashing frenzy, we had 5 TV's going and we recorded a couple matches on my VCR (Sadly, no Fleur, but Paraj is in there I think, and I got a Link ditto in vs. Pow, my Link nemesis =D, of course, the guy with the capture card forget to take the tape...but I might have a different vid up soon enough, 2 vids actually, with outside of game sounds to make it a lot better =D). Fleur actually got beaten in a Samus ditto by Vwins, but then they did a best of 3 and Vwins lost...but they were very intense matches! I think every member of Hard Hitters was able to beat Fleur, but overall it was a VERY good smashfest. I was disappointed with my performance, but hopefully I'll be able to prove myself a lot better in an upcoming tourney in Montreal this July. Also, I think The Hard Hitters might be going to FC6...

Sadly, Fleur took the wrong bus heading back to his hostel, they took the 202 instead of the 211 and ended up at the wrong metro station, which was not running anymore. There were no buses running anymore either, so they were stuck over there =/ Luckily they had my number and I called them up a cab. I'm hoping they got back okay, safe and sound.

All in all, Fleur and Paraj are really cool guys. Fleur is a really go-to person, with plenty of energy, and he took the smashing VERY seriously...we were doing impromptu 5 on 5 and 7 on 7 crews, and most of us were like "Okay let's just go and fight each other" but Fleur was proposing the stage counterpicking and all, and he was saying out strategies during the matches like a coach =P so it was very interesting...I still think that I should've gone 2nd to last and taken out the Fox, and allow my Jigglypuff teammate to finish the job on Fleur, but alas, Jigglypuff went in, got (Surprisingly!) beaten up by Paraj (which was amazing because Jarc is a pretty good Jigglypuff and fights very good Falcos, so he was thrown way off and lost 2 out of 4 stocks), and I got finished by Fleur's Marth on Yoshi's Isle =(. Also Paraj is really awesome too, he's very mellow and an all around cool guy. He says you play Diablo 2 a lot too =P

It was a really fun smashfest, and I'm hoping I can try to organize the same next year. And next time I hope you come!

SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject:  

ThatGuy wrote:
Well, I played Fleur and Paraj yesterday, and it was quite fun. 14 people in total were here, and Fleur actually came in with his buddy unnoticed as I was playing a match, so one of the smashers told me "Hey, some more people are here" and it was Fleur. He has an awesome Samus, and a pretty good Marth. My poor friend mains C. Falcon and has a really good one, but since Fleur plays G-reg a lot he was able to 3 stock my friend =(.

Ah, glad Dean (that's what I call Fleur) and Parag made it. And I'm also glad that he made a good impression. Very Happy

Quote:
I personally played horribly last night. A guy I usually rape day in day out was beating me up with his crappy secondary, an egg spamming Yoshi. I couldn't believe it.

Ah, yeah, it's tough to play well under pressure, oftentimes. You'll get used to it - I still do poorly against people I'm definitely better than from time to time, but I quickly get over it.

Quote:
The place basicaly exploded into a smashing frenzy...I think The Hard Hitters might be going to FC6...

Mm, sounds fun. No worries about not catching any Dean, I see enough of him as it is, and I'm sure TA's gonna put up some more vids of him before long. Very Happy Fleur's Samus is pretty well rounded, but his biggest weakness is Samus dittos, I think. He's learning pretty quick with each match, however, which is good. I'm glad the smash fest was a big success, though, and I'm looking forward to seeing THH at FC6 if I make it this year. Maybe you'll be good enough to want to join them by then, too, you never know. Wink

Quote:
All in all, Fleur and Paraj are really cool guys...I got finished by Fleur's Marth on Yoshi's Isle =(.

I am proud of Parag! Not meaning to be arrogant, but Dean and I often 4 stock him on a 4 stock base and that's including with my Ganondorf or G&W Confused That's actually how intense we get about crew matches at TA smash fests, heh The most useful advice I've been told in the heat of battle is "don't lose!" Laughing People in the US can get pretty serious about Smash.. sometimes I think the crew battles can almost pass as nerdy gang wars at major tournaments. Honestly, it's part of the reason I'm tiring of the game and easing away from it.. it's fun, but I'd rather do something other than play an hour or two on the couch for a change.

Quote:
Also Paraj is really awesome too, he's very mellow and an all around cool guy. He says you play Diablo 2 a lot too =P

Yeah, he's a really nice guy. Probably the most mellow guy I know, so he makes for a great college hang-out friend. Except I'm afraid he's only projecting his GW addiction on me (which, I might add, he's tried to burdern me with too Rolling Eyes), because he's been on it constantly, while if you ask any of my D2 friends, I haven't been online in months.

Quote:
It was a really fun smashfest, and I'm hoping I can try to organize the same next year. And next time I hope you come!

Ack, I'm planning on quitting SSBM before long! Confused It's a fun game, but I think I've other horizons to tackle. Besides, it's even cut into my socialization (party) time before, and that's simply unacceptable! But hey, maybe with SSB Revolution, it won't matter, as we'll be able to play online. Not the same as a Smashfest, but it'll be a little easier on the wallet and more considerate of time constraints. Still, maybe we can all make it next year - an invitation to a Smashfest is difficult to turn down, especially one as lively as yours!

Well, glad you had fun! And I'm proud of Dean and Parag, representing the most insignificant state that we call home. Hopefully, next year we'll meet, and narrow the gap between the D2 and Smash community, and become the first D2-Smash conversion duo ever! Or maybe we'll just hang out a few times. Either way, here's hoping.. Very Happy

Knifer

BNet Acct/Realm: Hawaii/Oregon
1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject:  

all the talking, i wanna see some of your guys' videos!

ThatGuy

5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject:  

My vids will probably be up within a MAXIMUM of 2 weeks. The best ones are me getting owned badly, but with every match lost I improve...

Page 6 of 15 [214 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, ..., 13, 14, 15 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Jump to: