LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 8:48 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Best Rpg Game Of all time
Page 4 of 11 [152 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ..., 9, 10, 11 Next

Best Rpg Game Of all time
ff 7****
28%
 28%  [ 27 ]
secret of mana***
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
chronotrigger*****
12%
 12%  [ 12 ]
xeno gears*****
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
ff tactics****
8%
 8%  [ 8 ]
fall out 1/2****
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
vagrant story***
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
disgeia****
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other...plz post in thread
42%
 42%  [ 40 ]
Total Votes : 94

Shieron
The Man

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast:*Shieron, *Shieron2
8.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject:  

Dao Jones wrote:
Shieron wrote:
Dao Jones wrote:

I liked FF9, but I think I'm alone in that one.

I liked it.

I think the complaint from too many people was that it was too "goofy" and "light-hearted", which was *exactly* why I liked it. All the other FF games had these chronically depressed, uber-Emo anti-heroes who spent most of the game in a state of self-loathing and pathos. (For God's sake - you lose control of Cloud for like 10% of the game because he sinks into a coma of self-loathing and despair. How weak was that?!) But the hero of FF9 (whose name escapes me) was a cheerful scoundrel, and a good guy. I really liked the fact that at the very end of the game he stayed with the villain while the world tree was destroyed, simply because he felt the bad guy was redeemable. That was pretty refreshing. Plus, the ending theatre act was just super cool.

Damn. I need to buy a PS2 and play that game again. (Assuming I ever find time between GW: Factions and ESIV: Oblivion. Hell, I've already given up on ever playing GTA: San Andreas.)

Final Fantasy 7 and 8 completely strayed from what the Final Fantasy series was. I think in 9, they did an excellent job in returning to their roots. Thats probably why I like it so much better than 7 or 8, and I suppose that's probably why so many people liked 7, because it was new and different.

Vixen

BNet Acct/Realm: The 'Big Apple'
7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject:  

Parasite Eve 2 brings back memories - especially going the whole game not realizing there was a second tier of spells... I spent the entire game using the basic ones. (Got to the big end creature thing in the wind tunnel or whatever).

The RE's were by far my most memorable consol games, used to have 'parties' and play them in the middle of the night with no lights and a bunch of friends.
Basically created my zombie obsession (yes they're coming, non believers are high on my list of knee-capping fodder.)

"Vixen's also the name of a reindeer"
sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject:  

oblivian, i accidently killed my horse!! Sad

Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject:  

Vixen wrote:
The RE's were by far my most memorable consol games, used to have 'parties' and play them in the middle of the night with no lights and a bunch of friends

Used to do the same thing. The RE series was as much fun to watch as it was to play. My friends used to come over and watch me rock RE2 & RE3. They were really cinematic.

The Tomb Raider games were like this, too. Well, Angel of Darkness was a steaming pile of crap, but the rest were pretty fun to watch. I was the only person any good at handling Lara's acrobatic abilities, so I usually played while friends watched. Personally, I think they just liked to watch her go bouncey-bouncey, if you know what I'm saying.

[Wow. Just previewed this post, and it sounds like my friends and I are huge dweebs. We did other stuff than play/watch video games, you know. Really, we just did that while we waiting to come down off the crank we snorted off the naked bodies of hookers we picked up at the numerous illegal raves we were constantly being invited to. Plus, uh, I once killed a guy. *cough* Sad ]

[sad/10]

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
sPiN
The tool formerly known as Tool

BNet Acct/Realm: Quit D2.
22.16 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject:  

what's wrong with having dweebs as friends, i have dweebs and skaters and gothic kids and emo i have all kinds of friends, are you jealous DAO, are you jealous? Twisted Evil

i just re read my post and if it sounds like i was bored (to me it does) it is because i am, i'm in school right now supposed to be listening to the teacher ahah screw him he doesn't know crap

Vixen

7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject:  

Well, i'm no dweeb, but because of all those years playing the RE games I have a zombie kit, full of items i'll need to live in the mountains and a mapped out contigency plan.

Hell, i've got a knife with knuckle-grips stashed between the mattress's.

Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject:  

Serenity wrote:
what's wrong with having dweebs as friends, i have dweebs and skaters and gothic kids and emo i have all kinds of friends, are you jealous DAO, are you jealous? Twisted Evil

Pshaw. I'm not jealous. Why would I be jealous? Who said I was jealous? That's just silly.

Okay, I'm a little jealous. I was lying. I don't actually have any friends.

Quote:
i just re read my post and if it sounds like i was bored (to me it does) it is because i am, i'm in school right now supposed to be listening to the teacher ahah screw him he doesn't know crap

I *know* I'm bored as hell. I have to shoot an event in an hour, and my apartment is half an hour away (so going home would be a waste). So I have nothing to do for the next 60 minutes, and here on base (I work on post out here in Kuwait) there ain't a whole lot to do. I'm surprised the soldiers manage as well as they do, since they're stuck on post 24/7.

I think someone mentioned "Luna: the Silver Star" earlier. That game was seriously awesome. I first played it on (get this!) my Sega Genesis CD, back when they sold the CD attachment. I liked the use of anime/manga style cutscenes in lieu of traditional sprite animations. And the story was pretty cool.

I need like... a month off work so I can sit down and replay all my old favorite games. This thread is giving me some serious nostalgia.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
Shademehr

BNet Acct/Realm: GONE to D2JSP. I know, good riddance, right? LOL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject:  

I liked FF2 better than the rest in the series. You could actually create your own characters AND name them iirc. FF tactics also rocked (both versions).

Other faves: ANY Shining Force game, almost all of the old SSi DnD computer games (Treasure's of the Savage Frontier, etc), Neverwinter Nights, Fallout 1 (haven't had the time for 2), Wizardry 7 (The beginning is soooo tough until you get the hang of it, damn Savant's! The sheer numbers of races and character classes are also amazing).

As for pen and paper, Mutant Chronicles is > ALL. Cyberpunk and DnD come in tied for second (but nothing NEWER than 3rd edition, blecht).

Hmmm...that's all I can remember atm. When I get bored with d2, I usually install one of my "oldies but goodies" and have at it for a bit.
Vixen

7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:34 am    Post subject:  

Neverwinter Nights was awesome - man I got pissed at it though.

Twice I get into it and get pretty far (I think I got past some monastary part or am about to enter Luskan) and twice it corrupts my godamn saves.

Lame thing is I started to save twice whenever I got off - corrupted both of the damn things.

If you liked NVN, there's a pretty similar one called Lionheart. Pretty cheap and you get a decent bang for your buck.

WaveDash

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast L/NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject:  

Chrono Trigger, FF7.

Personal favorite RPG-Like game has to be Banjo-Kazooie/Banjo Tooie, though.

PM me if you're in need of Signature GFX help, or just want someone to game with.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Meegz ?

BNet Acct/Realm: *meegz @ east ladder
39.74 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject:  

shade, i cant get a couple of my friends to even play 3rd with me...they are diehard 2nd edition geeks. nothing wrong with that, its just too hard to get all the books like they have (they have nearly every one made for 2nd edition, minus the premade campaigns)

i like the white wolf games (vampire, mage, werewolf, etc..) although i havent got to play them very much. i really wanna try a pen&paper that my friends play called Champions. its like dnd version of city of heroes, and its d6 based.

personally, i havent played d&d in way too freaking long, but school does that, eh? i really wanna get back on Bob (2nd edition human male fighter, eventually there will be a legendary item about him in our campaign settings..long story)

and my no-magic ranger in 3rd was a badass too. Jinquai sadly got his head cut off by a teammate when i got mind-controlled by a very powerful vampire. he'll get rez'd though, i am planning to re-introduce him in the near future.

oh and dont get me started on resident evil. i own all of the books, have read each multiple times, and have played all the games minus survivor cuz my best friend told me it was a disgrace to resident evil. he and i used to spend hours on those games. he'd always call me Vickers (cuz my first name is brad) and i'd always call him Wesker (cuz he had the shades and the haircut). oh, they days of middle school. i need my playstation now Razz

Napalm loves the little children of the world.
ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject:  

I see you put Fallout 1 and 2, but no Fallout: Tactics?

IMO tactics waas FARRR better than 1&2 [turn based IS the devil!]. Maybe less/worse story, but way better gameplay [i cant ever go back to 1&2 now].

Also theres somthing about the d&d games, icewind dale and baldurs gate that REALLY annoy me, maybe its because theyre slow, hard, and have incredibly cheesy storylines.
Knifer

BNet Acct/Realm: Hawaii/Oregon
1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject:  

ooo i forgot, naruto RPG for gba and FF tactics advance are up there too.

WaveDash

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast L/NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject:  

I might add, Pen and Paper RPG and the Curse of Time RPG.

Adventure Quest is decent, aswell.

PM me if you're in need of Signature GFX help, or just want someone to game with.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Chronotrigger

BNet Acct/Realm: ladder east/Florida
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject:  

Adventure Quest heh thot i was only one who played that when i got
bored

i can not fathom why i forgot this horrible game

castlevania symphony of the night
Page 4 of 11 [152 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ..., 9, 10, 11 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Jump to: