LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 9:07 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
For Intelligent Christians Only.
Page 3 of 11 [157 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 9, 10, 11 Next
Mr_Bilson

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
anyone see that episode of south park where everyone became athiests in the future, but there was still war because the 3 main factions of athiests were all fighting over what to call themselves? was pretty funny. there was the allied athiest alliance, the united athiests league, and 1 more that i cant remember.

ya i remember that, it had something to do with nintendo wii and wasnt the other group a bunch of otters? there was some evolution stuff there as well i think. perhaps i have about 4 episodes mixed in my mind Very Happy either that or southpark is random....

breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
Man, I sure am glad a low-quality poorly edited youtube came around to finally prove Christianity wrong after 2000 years. Boy do I have egg on my face!

Science has always proved Christianity wrong.

Walking on water is impossible.

Want more examples? Nah, I'm sure you get my point.

But your "faith" is strong so science doesn't matter to you. Of course, "faith" is just a term that keeps delusional people content in their ridiculous beliefs. Every time someone says religion makes no sense, you guys always reply "well you just need faith." Sorry, but faith and common sense don't mix.
SoaringSquirrel

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject:  

Oh noz, not another religion thread!! Confused

Aye, it's folly to attempt to completely disprove the existence of God since it's inherently an unfalsifiable entity, but the video was still a nice iteration of fallacy of "correlation implies causation" that so many theists forsake. Sure, it doesn't really disprove God, or any religion, but it's something people should keep in mind before attributing an event to God, or Allah, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Grim04 wrote:
Christians don't say that he hears every prayer to him.

Don't they? What of that "omniscience" thing that Christians and atheists are all raving about these days then?

Quote:
Recently we found the book of Judas, which describes Judas being told by Christ to have him arrested.

Whether it was true isn't known, but some factors of why the book wasn't put in the bible is that it hints at a relationship with Jesus and Mary.

Correct me if my recollection is failing me, but the Gospel of Judas is a Gnostic text, which isn't even attributed to Judas to begin with. I don't think it's Christians find it the most reliable source for information on Christ, though I feel the same way about the synoptic gospels too.

Goky wrote:
The reason amputees aren't being given their legs back isn't so much because God doesn't care or doesn't want to give away some big eternal secret, but because God realizes that the small time you're living on earth without a leg isn't really a big deal in the grand scheme of eternity.

I mean no offense, and maybe it's just my stubbornness and militant atheism speaking, but I still find this argument a bit ridiculous in light of an omnibenevolent/omnipotent God. If he wills good upon us all and has the power to protect us from harm, why doesn't he? Hell, why must he banish those who disbelieve in him, for that matter?

Props to Mark Owens for the sig. My firstborn baby squirrel will be sacrificed in your honor. Wink
AmishSpeedGoat

BNet Acct/Realm: Yes
38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject:  

breakbeatz2 wrote:
Quote:
Man, I sure am glad a low-quality poorly edited youtube came around to finally prove Christianity wrong after 2000 years. Boy do I have egg on my face!

Science has always proved Christianity wrong.

Walking on water is impossible.

Want more examples? Nah, I'm sure you get my point.

But your "faith" is strong so science doesn't matter to you. Of course, "faith" is just a term that keeps delusional people content in their ridiculous beliefs. Every time someone says religion makes no sense, you guys always reply "well you just need faith." Sorry, but faith and common sense don't mix.

I cant belive im gonna defend the bible thumpers... But seriously who the hell are you to call them crazy? They have a deep passion for christ and instead of spitting in there faces and down talking them, you should respect there beliefs.

Its obvious that you have never read the bible, and until you do, you shouldnt down talk it.
breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
But seriously who the hell are you to call them crazy? They have a deep passion for christ and instead of spitting in there faces and down talking them, you should respect there beliefs.

They have a deep belief in a fantasy which is obviously false. If I had a deep belief in faries and elves, I would expect people to think I was an idiot.

Quote:
Aye, it's folly to attempt to completely disprove the existence of God since it's inherently an unfalsifiable entity

In that case it's impossible to completely disprove anything.
AmishSpeedGoat

BNet Acct/Realm: Yes
38.99 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
They have a deep belief in a fantasy which is obviously false. If I had a deep belief in faries and elves, I would expect people to think I was an idiot.

So just because they dont belive in what you do, that makes them idiots? So in theory your a idiot too, because you dont belive in what they do? Wow...
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject:  

A neutral opinion is meaningless, you dont deserve what you will not fight for.

by accepting 1 non provable entity and not another IS retarded.
choose "none of the above" and be right every time Smile

religon is for the damned

pick a side and get a hand gun,, the US is still at war

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject:  

sooperman wrote:
Quote:
anyone see that episode of south park where everyone became athiests in the future, but there was still war because the 3 main factions of athiests were all fighting over what to call themselves? was pretty funny. there was the allied athiest alliance, the united athiests league, and 1 more that i cant remember.

ya i remember that, it had something to do with nintendo wii and wasnt the other group a bunch of otters? there was some evolution stuff there as well i think. perhaps i have about 4 episodes mixed in my mind Very Happy either that or southpark is random....

you're pretty spot on. sea otters, nintendo wii, and evolution. only south park haha

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
Elusive

BNet Acct/Realm: *elusive-
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject:  

you cant prove faith which is my view on religion thus i rarely argue either side of it

i really couldnt care less who worships what unless it infringes on others ie: islam dictating it is religiously acceptable to kill non-muslims lol

scientists have been able to "prove" evolution but even then you cant rule out a diety. but still you cannot prove it lol.

oh joy
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject:  

Grim04 wrote:

Dao is right, having an open mind is far better than letting a religion think for you.

Or having a closed-minded zeal to passionately insist that religion is a lie. As I said in the other "let's talk about God" thread, we as human beings frankly don't know enough to prove or disprove the existence of a God. ANY attempt to claim with certitude that God does or does not exist is the height of folly for the claimant. It's so hilarious as to be embarassing.

breakbeatz2 wrote:

Okay, so what started the universe? The Big Bang? That theory has enough holes in it that I could strain my pasta with it. Even accepting it, however, I'll ask you this: what was before the Big Bang? What caused the Big Bang? Where did the energy that came out of the Big Bang come from?

When science can definitively, absolutely, and without any cause for argument prove how the universe began then I'll allow that perhaps God does not exist. Until then, atheistic and religious zealots alike arguing in the absoluteness of their belief sound to me like four year-olds trying to explain the plot to Memento.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
you cant prove faith which is my view on religion thus i rarely argue either side of it

In that case you can't prove anything.

Go ahead, try to prove something. I'll just make up a far fetched magical-based counter argument that is impossible to disprove.

I chellenge all you religious nuts out there to take me up on this offer. You say that I can't disprove the existence of God. Well you can't prove ANYTHING. You can't even prove what your screenname is on this message board. Give it a try.

Quote:
Okay, so what started the universe? The Big Bang? That theory has enough holes in it that I could strain my pasta with it. Even accepting it, however, I'll ask you this: what was before the Big Bang? What caused the Big Bang? Where did the energy that came out of the Big Bang come from?

Steven Hawkings, and other top physicists all agree that the Big Bang is a technically sound theory. It doesn't make sense to you (or me) because we aren't physicists.

Quote:
When science can definitively, absolutely, and without any cause for argument prove how the universe began then I'll allow that perhaps God does not exist.

You have to pick a side. Which seems more reanonable to you?

Scenario #1: God created the garden of Eden. Moses parted the Red Sea. David slew Goliath. Jesus walked on water and rose from the dead. Water was turned into wine. Statues cry blood as we await for the return of Jesus.

Scenario #2: All that "scientific mumbo-jumbo"

So, which side are you on?

It doesn't matter that you can't disprove Scenario 1 without a doubt. It's just much, much, much less likely to be true.
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
Steven Hawkings, and other top physicists all agree that the Big Bang is a technically sound theory. It doesn't make sense to you (or me) because we aren't physicists.

Break, you do realize that the Big Bang theory was the brainproduct of a Roman Catholic priest, right? And he was roundly criticized for devising a theory that brought religion into astrophysics? Before you namedrop theories in an attempt to disprove religion, try a little background research first.

As an aside, the Big Bang makes perfect sense to me because I wrote a thesis on dark matter.

You can't disprove religion. I can't prove it. I'm perfectly content with that scenario. If I could prove everything, it would defeat the purpose of faith.

yarly
breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject:  

Quote:
Break, you do realize that the Big Bang theory was the brainproduct of a Roman Catholic priest, right?

What does that have to do with what I posted?

Dao said the Big Bang theory has holes in it and I disagreed. I don't care who created the theory, and I never mentioned it in conjunction with religion.
TacoBell

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject:  

Yay more people who constantly preach about why religion is fake! How ironic!
breakbeatz2

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject:  

I'm not a hypocrite.

I'm not offended by people preaching their beliefs.

I just don't like people preaching beliefs which are obviously false.
Page 3 of 11 [157 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ..., 9, 10, 11 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: