LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 7:57 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Holiday story
Page 2 of 3 [31 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
DSotM
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject:  

Well.. there is no proof of a true God unless you are a TRUE believer. It has happened more than once, where situations that could really turn my life for the worse I've prayed to God and he blessed it. Not to say lots of terrible things haven't happened to me when I've prayed before it, but the point it, you have to have faith for religion to be clear to you.

LLD FIRE & KICKER GUIDE
Quote:
ISO girlfriend, atleast you don't have to fucking scan her hard drive for spyware once you've finished

heprea
pokemon fanatic

BNet Acct/Realm: europe laddars
8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject:  

DiPLOMAT wrote:
id fight that teacher if he tried to pull some shit like that.. forcing athiesm upon students in school is a felony in my book.. punishable by a mean ass whopin and a swift kick in the teeth. gonna be a nice warm hot day in the lake of fire for that fuck.

Merry Christmas!

why is forcing religious allowed and forcing atheims isnt allowed?

in your opinion

cos, they are forcing us to beleave in god in here @ school's, i dont beleave in god so should i go punch them or something?

zarc

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast NonLadder *fyarbeast USEast Ladder *fyarbeast1
-2.48 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject:  

i've studied about prayer and it breaks down as this
people who were told they would be prayed for but were not: conditions improved
people who were told they would be prayed for and were:conditions improved
people who were not told they would be prayed for and were not:conditions not improved
people who were not told they would be prayed for and were: conditions did not improve.

its all coincidences and mind over matter. logic and science are in a disagreement with religion because logic and science are in a disagreement with the fantasy world.

If one is to allow one religious text in a discussion, one must also allow all other form of text in the discussion because there is not another source to provide for validation. If one cannot be validated then none have to be validated.

DSotM
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject:  

No one needs to hear this on Christmas, c'mon man.

LLD FIRE & KICKER GUIDE
Quote:
ISO girlfriend, atleast you don't have to fucking scan her hard drive for spyware once you've finished

zarc

-2.48 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject:  

im a little to drunk to care that its christmas

Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject:  

Arguing religion on a forum dedicated to computer gaming is ridiculous. We've tried it before (and I even supported it), but it's failed every time to produce anything approximating intelligent discussion. Most of you are insufficiently educated to understand the details of religion, its points and counterpoints, and the rest of you are just interested in making broad, inaccurate statements that mirror your own beliefs without any interest in understanding the opposing view.

Religion has a value if you find it valuable to you. It has nothing to do with religion whatsoever; it has everything to do with belief. Fyar correctly reported on a case study done (I forget where atm) where what was proven was that prayer in fact had nothing to do with recuperation or healing; what was relevant was the belief that prayer was occuring. It's commonly known as the "placebo" effect. The body is strongly affected by your mental state, and the effect of religion, if nothing else, is to provide a soothing state of well-being that promotes better health. (It also provides a moral compass for people unable or unwilling to define "right" and "wrong" for themselves.)

However, anyone dumb enough to assert with conviction that religion is a lie and God does not exist is an idiot, plain and simple. (Something I frequently mention to my devoutly atheistic friends.) The real "fact" of the matter is that we, as a species, are wholly unable at this stage in our development to assert "truth" on a wide range of issues, among which are the creation of the universe, the reality of God, and why Cubs fans don't get it that their team will never win.

So, let's just accept each others' beliefs today without the need to aggrandize our own positions unduly, okay? Truth is, I doubt any of you are religious scholars to an extent great enough to hold a serious debate, and if not all you are doing otherwise is propagandizing. God is there for you if you need him to be, and if you don't, then you don't care where he is anyway. (If he's anywhere at all.)

Happy Mithras Day to you all, by the way. This was originally the Roman holiday for a god that was gaining popularity amongst the Roman ranks around the 1st to 4th century AD, and whose festival day was co-opted by early Christians as a way to gain followers without the need to make them change their festival days much (which was a big deal back then). If you're interested, read more here, and pay particular mind to the section detailing Mithraism and Christianity.

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject:  

Dao Jones wrote:
Arguing religion on a forum dedicated to computer gaming is ridiculous. We've tried it before (and I even supported it), but it's failed every time to produce anything approximating intelligent discussion. Most of you are insufficiently educated to understand the details of religion, its points and counterpoints, and the rest of you are just interested in making broad, inaccurate statements that mirror your own beliefs without any interest in understanding the opposing view.

Religion has a value if you find it valuable to you. It has nothing to do with religion whatsoever; it has everything to do with belief. Fyar correctly reported on a case study done (I forget where atm) where what was proven was that prayer in fact had nothing to do with recuperation or healing; what was relevant was the belief that prayer was occuring. It's commonly known as the "placebo" effect. The body is strongly affected by your mental state, and the effect of religion, if nothing else, is to provide a soothing state of well-being that promotes better health. (It also provides a moral compass for people unable or unwilling to define "right" and "wrong" for themselves.)

Both you and fyar are correct.

Dao Jones wrote:
Happy Mithras Day to you all, by the way. This was originally the Roman holiday for a god that was gaining popularity amongst the Roman ranks around the 1st to 4th century AD, and whose festival day was co-opted by early Christians as a way to gain followers without the need to make them change their festival days much (which was a big deal back then). If you're interested, read more here, and pay particular mind to the section detailing Mithraism and Christianity.

I knew that!

WATCH THE BOONDOCKS CHRISTMAS EPISODE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txD-hYPLwRM
Best thing to happen to anyone anywhere. This show.

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
DiPLOMAT

12.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject:  

heprea wrote:

no one is forcing religion in that story..........................

heprea
pokemon fanatic

8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject:  

DiPLOMAT wrote:
heprea wrote:

no one is forcing religion in that story..........................

duh i need to learn to read

Torrent

BNet Acct/Realm: Torrent@USEast
13.37 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject:  

[/random nonsense]

thats still a good point. i mean, people born into religious households are taught from birth (or dunked in holy water from birth) that their parents' religion is right.

people really should be allowed to choose for themselves. if that ever happens, im going to assume that atheism would take the top spot, and not without good reason.

however, like dao said, religion is used for order...atheists everywhere would either function like anarchists or brilliant scientists.

i hope that makes sense, im a little tipsy atm

[/random nonsense]

edit: did he just say tipsy? no one ever says tipsy...

I don't want a cycle of recycled revenge

I don't wanna follow Death And All of His Friends
http://lld101.com/viewtopic.php?t=44473 (for my own reference)
zarc

-2.48 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject:  

either way....atheists have never slaughtered millions of people over many centuries in the name of their god....

Waramp

0.59 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject:  

wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text.

merry xmas Smile

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showuser=246043
heprea
pokemon fanatic

8.01 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject:  

Waramp wrote:
wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text wall of text.

merry xmas :)

yah <3

ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject:  

Thanks for sharing, skulls.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject:  

Merry day of eating left overs!!!! MMM yum Very Happy

Oh opinions are like arseh*les, everyones got one but we might not like the look of someone elses. Altho in some cases they like others a tad too much for comfort lol.

Now where was that post about worshipping that bottle of milk? lol
Page 2 of 3 [31 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: