LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 28, 2024 8:43 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
SCAMS to watch out for
Page 2 of 2 [23 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Meegz ?

BNet Acct/Realm: *meegz @ east ladder
39.74 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject:  

haha...i just hit some noob with the 'unid ik armor' one. green ornate. on ladder, i got pul, 2 shaels, nat helm and trang armor. sold trang armor and debating selling the nat helm, but its more desirable than trang armor, so i may keep for a bit. but you just have to love that scam, because 2/3 of the people who need it fall for it. ah. the hilarity.
Napalm loves the little children of the world.
Twisted-Prodigy
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject:  

haha i think thats bad i lost a 39 hoto, 40hoto, lol arch belt, and a spirit...

--I GOT SCREWED OVER--

1st-i was trading for anni, and guy was doing in a2 near palace and then he was moving around town and then he was like ok lets go by the house and i was like sure, i stood inside and he stood outside, he droped then i droped i started to go for anni and he just picked up all my shit through the wall, well i got messed up- haha sucks!

2nd-trading for a pally torch gave up a 18/20 barb torch or might have been 19/20 barb, sucks!!

3rd-got scamed for keys in act5 near wall..... lol that was stupid of me

4th- got scamed in upper part of act5, lol person droped in lower spot if u know the part im talkin about, and i was at top and i started to run over to him, and he picked up his item at the time i couldn't see b/c i was to far down and wasn't holding the [alt] key, so i ran there and his stuff wasn't there, lol i got messed up that time, lol!

--funny scams--

1st-i had a friend scam me, he for some reason is no logger on diablo though don't no what happened to him, he had a [speed hack].... do not know how it worked, he claimed it was a program, he would start running and when he ran after couple inches or steps whatever u wanna call it, he disapeared then reapeared half way down the map, not tellying not doing anything strange other than walking/running, just dispeared with out tellying, lol --well to make a long story short i bet him he couldn't do it and he was able to do it over and over again, in different games, so i ended up haveing to give me 2sojs, haha, and help get him keys!

2nd-been scamed with trading lots of stuff, kind of like some 1 showing shako then puttin up a funny green helm, lol but with lots of items in trade window, me not checkin lol (dum idea)

3rd- just friends who know for like 8months and deside to steal your torch and stuff like that and act like game lagged out and no one got it : (

--stupid scammers. bad atempts to scam--

1st-lol i got anni for 2sojs, i mean guy was trading me in act2 and thought i was a melee char with out vigor, and he was an assasin and thought he could run and get my sojs then run back down and pick his anni back up.... lol i ended up gettin his anni and he got my 2sojs, lol ... and i was like thx, and he was like F*CK f*Ck , and i was like what? you did the trade you wanted to right, u said 2sojs for anni, lol
then he just left he was madd, lol, he was a bad scammer!!

2nd-people who think your dropping a 4b/o or something u end up dropping a 1b/o and u get a good deal .. lol

ok well thats all for now, haha, i got some more but dinner time, -cya
Astrana

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject:  

So called friend wanted to try my fort to see what dmg was like on his barb...so i drop fort...along with lastwish Z and beast Z... (im too trusting)

You know the rest...

This was about 2 weeks ago...

Ehh...Beat that ^^
MeshinLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject:  

Ive Lost items to a friend before, as some of you may know i took a break / quit from D2 for awhile, well im back now.. with about 1/10th the items.. one of the people i entrusted my accounts to took all of my HLD gear, and all my best LLD gear, luckily saken had my sorc moved to atomics account for safe keeping since saken was the second person watching my lld accounts. But i lost a mule of nigmas about 4-5 stones 6 or 7 botds of various types and ed's best was a 410% ebotdz lost many godly uniques lost a legit 39/15 lost a rare godly lvl9 0.8 jewel, i lost soo much stuff, but he was smart enough to not mess with my barb, only char in tact, besides the 25 7%mf sc's he took, he was my 3rd friend on D2 i couldnt belive it, and when i messaged him about it he said " You were a fool to trust me, sorry we had such good times together but this is just how things go." and he blocked me or something cuz i never heard from him again (also he had his number changed or blocked cuz i called that -insert bad word here- up ALOT like 50 times a day =/) i guess he is right.. this is just how things go sometimes..

Now im depressed again.. heh.

UsWest [NL]
*MeshinLLD
UsEast [NL]
*MeshinLLD
*Meshin
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject:  

Most likely the speed hack was same scam as glitched wirts leg. They'd use telekinesis charged items on a wp and click really fast, then would just click back on wp and appear in town.
Chronotrigger

BNet Acct/Realm: ladder east/Florida
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject:  

me and a frend recntly fel for a stupid one
guy says 6 hrs for a 20str 20 cold reist ring
so we thing koo he gots duped runes and is spending like water
so time pases frend trades cham um for the ring and tels the guy with the hrs to come to game when both the person that needed the ring and the
person that had the ring come in game and say your on canded camara
heh felt so nobish i lost nothing but frend lost cham um:/
Emu

BNet Acct/Realm: *3mu
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject:  

Hehe, my little brother used to do the scam with the unid'd Milabrega armor (he told them it was IK). Worked on quite a few people, but it was never for anything godly Shocked

My friend also had someone try to outrace him for the anni drop at the bottom of Act 2.. My friend was usin a barb, thus increased speed and nigma.. Either way the other kid messed up and my friend was able to run back and get his anni and get part of what the kid was droppin. The best part about it was that the one kid told my friend before the trade.."Wow, your character's pretty fast!" Twisted Evil

LLD-Vamp

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject:  

I've done the second scam to people who did it to me except I go for the throat, I steal their entire account.

Anyhoo another scam thats just kinda cruel is using metalgrid in anni or torch trades on a metal item. not good EBOTD IRON GOLEM, it's kinda hilarious in a way.

Page 2 of 2 [23 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: