LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:39 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
I get banned alot.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 2 of 2 [30 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Spazz
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject:  

Why are you drived to go around and post everywhere giving your opinion when your opinion is even more stupid than the topic in question?

Account: -=-Spazz-=-
Realm: USEast
Characters:
Carousel - 57 Trap Assassin MLD

giantsquid

BNet Acct/Realm: USwest [L]
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject:  

Spazz wrote:
Why are you drived to go around and post everywhere giving your opinion when your opinion is even more stupid than the topic in question?

By 'drived' you mean 'driven', right?

You should really quote what you are responding to, since I had a very hard time to find any place in this thread where anyone gave their opinion in such a way to be considered stupid. It took me a while, but by looking at the time stamps on the posts I decided that you were most likely responding to Dao Jones' post. Which made me laugh.

See, what Dao has done is express his dislike of ignorant people and suggest a creative way of dealing with them. You seem to be offended by this, and help the situation by reverting to insults with imaginary words in them.

Grow up man. If you do not agree that it is ignorant to use the word 'fag' as an insult, then say so. I don't imagine that debate would go too well for you.

Of course, it is possible that you were responding to a different post. I cannot see you getting this worked up over the discussion of what angle bent infers or 1337speak, however.

Spazz

0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject:  

giantsquid wrote:
Spazz wrote:

By 'drived' you mean 'driven', right?

You should really quote what you are responding to, since I had a very hard time to find any place in this thread where anyone gave their opinion in such a way to be considered stupid. It took me a while, but by looking at the time stamps on the posts I decided that you were most likely responding to Dao Jones' post. Which made me laugh.

See, what Dao has done is express his dislike of ignorant people and suggest a creative way of dealing with them. You seem to be offended by this, and help the situation by reverting to insults with imaginary words in them.

Grow up man. If you do not agree that it is ignorant to use the word 'fag' as an insult, then say so. I don't imagine that debate would go too well for you.

Of course, it is possible that you were responding to a different post. I cannot see you getting this worked up over the discussion of what angle bent infers or 1337speak, however.

You angry about that little west trading post? Boo hoo. Get over it, kiddo. By the way, correcting grammar? Please, that was cool when I did it.. like when this site came into existence? Then we came to the conclusion that correcting spelling and grammar is the most pathetic attempt at "shaming" or "flaming" someone, it just proves you have no real other valid point and you just feel the need to spew whatever shit comes to mind in desperate attempts of someone hearing you, and as a side effect, you getting attention. Good job, you succeeded. Oh? and I didn't quote? I'm sorry! I'm not a professional at frequenting a forum. Should I take lessons from you?.. Please, teach me.

Dao's expressing his dislike for ignorance IS ignorant. Just like kids who say popular music is lame, ARE LAME.

I said fag? Oh.. sorry.. does it offend you? I wonder why.. heh.

Why is it gang up on Spazz month? Becuase whenever I seem to post (which is rare), Dao is on my ass, and you seem to be close behind.lately..

Characters:

giantsquid

BNet Acct/Realm: USwest [L]
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject:  

Spazz wrote:

You angry about that little west trading post? Boo hoo. Get over it, kiddo.

Could you jog my memmory as to which post you mean?

Spazz wrote:

By the way, correcting grammar? Please, that was cool when I did it.. like when this site came into existence? Then we came to the conclusion that correcting spelling and grammar is the most pathetic attempt at "shaming" or "flaming" someone, it just proves you have no real other valid point and you just feel the need to spew whatever shit comes to mind in desperate attempts of someone hearing you, and as a side effect, you getting attention. Good job, you succeeded.

I have noticed several places that you have used ellipsis marks improperly. An ellipsis mark consists of three spaced periods; it is wrong to use any other number of periods. I know I have made some grammatical mistakes too, and if you could point them out to me that would be great. This is one of the best ways to learn!

Spazz wrote:

Oh? and I didn't quote? I'm sorry! I'm not a professional at frequenting a forum. Should I take lessons from you?.. Please, teach me.

You seem to have it now.

Spazz wrote:

Dao's expressing his dislike for ignorance IS ignorant. Just like kids who say popular music is lame, ARE LAME.

It would be closer to the truth to say that Dao expressing his dislike of ignorance is like pudding. Just because you say something doesn't make it true. I agree with the music statement. With out the first two words, that is.

Spazz wrote:

You got me. Shucks.
I wasn't just joking about the ellipsis marks.

Spazz wrote:

Why is it gang up on Spazz month? Becuase whenever I seem to post (which is rare), Dao is on my ass, and you seem to be close behind.lately..

Maybe I just hate you for no reason and want to make you feel bad about yourself? Or, better yet, maybe I like Dao so much that I can't stand anyone calling him names. I bet you can go crazy with that one. Should be fun for you, if nothing else.

Koshi

BNet Acct/Realm: US East scnl, New Zealand
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject:  

Knarl wrote:
Koshi wrote:
if youre not mature enough to use proper language, shut up.

Says the person with the 1337speak sig. Laughing <3

yea, because thats how I talk when Im on WOW Rolling Eyes
And by proper language, I meant have some manners , even if you cant spell.

Dao Jones wrote:
Knarl wrote:

LOLZ PWND NOOB! GGKTHXBAI!

If you need some explanation, the sig is there to be laughed at, its not my problem you cant get that, do you dress like, and do you hair up like the boy in your avatar?

VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject:  

Spazz wrote:

it offends me. and it isnt for that reason you are wondering. words of biggotry have no place on this forum. so lets not see it used again, ok?

as for everyone, im tired from jetlag, so i didnt bother to read all this squabbling. lets just everyone cool it, take a breath, and move on.

Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject:  

Koshi wrote:

Dao Jones wrote:
Knarl wrote:

LOLZ PWND NOOB! GGKTHXBAI!

If you need some explanation, the sig is there to be laughed at, its not my problem you cant get that, do you dress like, and do you hair up like the boy in your avatar?

Uhh... I assumed that my similar over-the-top leetspeak response would have clearly indicated I was being humorous. I actually like your sig.

giantsquid wrote:
Maybe I just hate you for no reason and want to make you feel bad about yourself? Or, better yet, maybe I like Dao so much that I can't stand anyone calling him names. I bet you can go crazy with that one. Should be fun for you, if nothing else.

Never argue with a man whose avatar is a squid made in MS Paint. He'll cut you, boy! Very Happy

Spazz wrote:
Dao's expressing his dislike for ignorance IS ignorant.

I can't get drunk enough for that to make sense. I've stared at it for three minutes now, and I still can't seem to summon enough understanding to generate knowledge of what the phrase "expressing his dislike for ignorance IS ignorant" could possibly mean. You're like Confucious, man. Confucious.

Maybe it's like a Zen koan? If I meditate on the statement "expression of dislike for ignorance is ignorant" long enough, will I achieve enlightenment?

Spazz wrote:

You were not-so-subtly trying to hint that because I do not tacitly endorse your use of the word "fag" I must therefore be gay? Guess what - I don't much like people using the word "nigger", either, and I'm not black. See, here's my five second opinion on the matter: prejudice, when allowed to percolate in our youth (which you most definitely appear to be), takes root and forments attitudes that follow throughout life. Kids call each other "fag", or "jew" (to imply cheapness), and they do so not out of jest, but because they actually feel that these people (fags and jews, as it were), are worthy of ridicule. It's attitudes like yours that got Matthew Shepard beaten to death and nailed to a fence out in Wyoming. It's fucking sick that people can act like that, and it depresses the shit out of me that human beings could hate someone based on such triviata as sexual preference, religion or gender. Am I equating you to someone that would kill a gay man? No. Are you perpetuating the stereotypes that lead to such violence by calling people "fags"? Yep.

Spazz wrote:
Why is it gang up on Spazz month?

<checks calendar> Yep, at least for 10 more days. Then it's August 1st, which is by tradition "Give a mod a sponge bath" day. (I'm trying to get Meli temporarily appointed as a mod for the day.) The rest of the month is "Free SoJs 4 noobz" month. I plan to be on Guild Wars.

Spazz wrote:
Becuase whenever I seem to post (which is rare), Dao is on my ass

Spazz wrote:

I'm like Batman, and whenever people say something stupid (which is often), it shines like the Bat-symbol outside my house. It's pretty persistant, too. Makes it hard to sleep unless I do my duty and ridicule the poster. That's the only way to make it go away. For a full explanation of my sad tale, and why I must flame, read here: http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?p=90899#90899

Never was a man so aptly named as you, "Spazz".

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject:  

dao, you are included in that "everyone quit your squabbling"

get back to the topic at hand, or dont post.

Chewie

BNet Acct/Realm: AWOL
16.10 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject:  

Dao Jones wrote:
Then, as you're on the ground rolling around in pain, have a large, sweaty man teabag you.

Omg. lol. I don't care if it seems like I kiss Dao's ass on this board. hahah.

Quote:

'Cause I think it's safe to say that, were that the punishment, NO ONE would make the mistake of calling someone a "fag" twice. Very Happy

Ahh, the pro's of utilitarian punishment.

Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:
dao, you are included in that "everyone quit your squabbling"

get back to the topic at hand, or dont post.

Actually, good sir, I beg your pardon. The topic is the vague subject "I get banned alot". In my opinion, the concept of explaining via insinuation or outright insult what Spazz is doing wrong falls entirely within the scope of this thread. Is it "squabbling"? Of a sort, yes. But as this thread is basically a referendum on Spazz's poor behavior on forums, discussing his actions here is relevant. It may not have been his intent when he posted this thread in the first place, but everyone (including yourself), immediately focused the discussion to the more specific "what Spazz is doing to get himself banned in the first place". Responding to comments from other board members, even in the form of verbal jousting, should be considered fair game.

Chewie wrote:
Omg. lol. I don't care if it seems like I kiss Dao's ass on this board. hahah.

Anyone that thinks you're "kissing my ass" here is a moron. You just happen to appreciate my style of humor. I appreciate the compliment. At least someone thinks I'm funny. (Other than my mother. And homeless people, but they'll laugh at anything for enough malt liquor.)

Besides, you won like four of the brackets in the last Arena tournaments (as well as my white tourney). Who's gonna screw with you? Wink

VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject:  

while that may be the topic, the point is not to flame each other, or bate each other into flaming. with that said, drop that side of the conversation now.

Spazz

0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject:  

Why not just lock or delete it? Becuase I'm tempted to flame. Seriously buddy, were you the one that said you managed topless dancers or some shit? If so, why the hell do you hound the forums so much?.. I'd think you'd be keeping a tight watch on your topless dancers, unless I was right about the reason you were offended by the word "fag"..

You hound people who act stupid?... the fact you spend 45 minutes writing one post and making sure your grammar and spelling are to perfection, and your flames and baits are just right.. IS STUPID. Again, why are you hounding when you manage topless dancers? Go find something better to do with your time than attempt to piss me and other people off, you think it makes people here love you? Sure, maybe.. until you hound them, which you eventually will, and everyone will hate you. I've seen a couple people say "I love dao!" but they haven't been hounded by you, and I've seen people say "I hate dao!" and somewhere down the line, you hounded them..

This post doesn't make the most sense, and if you don't manage topless dancers then who cares, you should have something better to do than hound anyway.. anyway..

FUCK OFF

Characters:

Dao Jones

33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject:  

Spazz wrote:
Seriously buddy, were you the one that said you managed topless dancers or some shit? If so, why the hell do you hound the forums so much?.. I'd think you'd be keeping a tight watch on your topless dancers, unless I was right about the reason you were offended by the word "fag"..

Burlesque, not topless. Lingerie, not partially nude. And it's not a 24-hour-a-day-job. I also take an acting class, a video-editing class, intern at a television studio, and work part-time as a talent agent. None of which takes more than a few hours per day, if that. That's the joy of being an independent contractor - you make your own hours. And for the record, "manager" doesn't mean "pimp", Spazz. I don't need to micromanage the girls 24/7, nor do I even need to speak to them more than once a day on most days. See - that's what being an "adult" means. It means I can do my job while not feverishly masturbating every ten seconds just because part of my life involves being around hot chicks in skimpy clothing. But that's neither here nor there.

And that's now twice you've essentially called me a "fag".

Quote:
you think it makes people here love you? Sure, maybe.. until you hound them, which you eventually will, and everyone will hate you. I've seen a couple people say "I love dao!" but they haven't been hounded by you, and I've seen people say "I hate dao!" and somewhere down the line, you hounded them..

Since when is it a popularity contest? Who cares what people on a website think about them? I certainly don't. I appreciate compliments when I get them, and ignore insults when they come. If everyone "hated" me, I would care about as much as if everyone "loved" me. I don't come here to make friends - I come here because I find some topics interesting. And when those topics stop becoming interesting, I'll stop coming here.

I also think you fail to understand that "hound" is not meant literally. I don't scrupulously monitor these forums, checking every post for a chance to flame someone. Truthfully, I spend probably half-an-hour here per day, at most. I check roughly four forums (and usually just two: Alt gaming, Off-Topic), and I may do it a few times a day, many times a day, or not at all, depending on my availability. The fact that I try to catch all my typos is a left-over habit from college, and a previous job I had as a typesetter, where I was allowed to have exactly zero mistakes in anything I wrote.

But let us address the topic at hand, then, instead of resorting to flames (as per Voices' request). I think you can see why you "Get banned alot". You don't tend to contribute much, and you clearly enjoy antagonizing people with your adolescent "humor". You're immature in the extreme, and you see nothing wrong with calling people "fag", which is symptomatic of the issue at hand: you are a little kid, trying to play with big kids.

In short, you need to grow up. You are the 13 year-old little brother at a college party; you're there because it's happening at your house, and you think you're "cool" enough to associate with the adults, but in fact you're just a smirking teenager with an undeveloped sense of humor embarrassing himself every time he opens his mouth. People humor you to be polite, but most everyone dismisses you for what you really are: someone who has a lot of growing up to do.

Do you think you're "cool" when you call someone a "Fag"? Does it make you 1337? Is that *really* the best insult you can come up with for someone? THAT is why you get banned, or admonished at places you go.

What little kids like you need to understand is that my generation grew up with video games. It's not just an "activity for kids" anymore - it's a larger industry than television or film. And a significant portion of that market is people over the age of twenty. We don't stop playing because we get older. We date, we marry, we have kids, we get jobs, and we still play computer games, just like the previous generations didn't stop "watching television" when they left high school. The point of this? The "gamers" are growing up, and a lot of us have as little patience for immature kids in our games as we do at our parties, and in our lives.

Vixen

BNet Acct/Realm: The 'Big Apple'
7.76 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject:  

I think all of you need a nice long ride on the waaaah-mbulence.

Seriously though...c'mon guys why can't we all just kiss and make up...?

"Vixen's also the name of a reindeer"
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject:  

right. im glad you guys know how to drop something.

dao, you are just as much in the wrong here as spazz is. if you continue to be an instigator and flame bator, you may find yourself with the thin ice tag. being an adult, as you say you are, also means you know when to quit and walk away. you havent shown me that aspect yet.

spazz, dont make us give the title back to you. you were doing good, stop being so easily bothered.

both of you drop it. if you cant act nice to one another, dont talk to each other at all. if i find this arguement taking place in other threads, action will be taken.

Page 2 of 2 [30 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Jump to: