LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun May 19, 2024 7:42 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
I know it cant be done. But can it?
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]  
LordPat

BNet Acct/Realm: Tristram
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject:  I know it cant be done. But can it?  

ok we ALL know u cant make a low lvl psn dagger necro... but bare with me.
Ok if this jewl doesnt exist then this char wouldnt work . Carbunlke Jewl of Envy.4 to max damage 2 psn damage over 2 sec.
now lets say u put 3 of thos in a sup mask and 3 in a sup breast plate thats 120 psn damage over 2 sec and 24 to max damage. then a diggler with 1 4 max 20 psn damage jewl and a 3 soc necro skull with +3 psn dagger +3 bone armor +3 clay golum and 3 carbunkle jewls of envy so that brings it up to 200 psn damage over 2 sec and 40 to max damage.
now for the other equip i would use angelic rings and ammy and deaths gloves + belt and hot spurs or beter boots if i can find. For the skills i would put 1 point into amp damage 7 into psn dagger and 6 into golum 5 into bone armor and 1 into golum mast. That gives me a lvl 10 psd dagger doin 129-153 psn over 5.6 sec. a lvl 9 bone armor absorbing 115 damage with the 15 absorb bonus from bone wall , a lvl 9 golum slowing target by 49 % and a lvl 1 golum mast giving it 456 life in norm 798 in nightmare and 1254 life in hell and doing 7-19 damage in norm 7-22 in nightmare and 11-26 in hell and the last point into amp damage. Now i dont know how the 2 different kinds of psn damage add togather because there is 200 psn damage over 2 sec and 129-153 psn over 5.6 sec and there is 40 to max damage in there somewhere. hmm uhhh there isnt much more this prob wont work out but giv me some feed back i think it would at least be fun for killin noobs but it would be alot cooler if it stood a chance against other llds Razz
Hades

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject:  

Hmm well one of your biggest problems with dueling other lld's will be the deaths glove which a good portion of lld melees use. Deaths gloves are the bane of all poison builds for low lvl. I think poison is stacked to the lowest time scale, well with venom it does, not so sure about poison dagger but I think it would be similar, ie that 129-153 psn over 5.6 sec would change to 46-54 poison over 2 seconds. Lastly necroheads can only get 2 sockets so go for a 1pnb with +skills and Blocking mod with 2 sockets. But yeah, will be a fun build for killing noobies, but I doubt it will be any good against propper llders.
LordPat

BNet Acct/Realm: Tristram
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: .  

hehe didnt think so deaths = rapeage for psn but now all i gotta do is get 9 carbunkle jewls of envy

LOL
Zero
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: U.S. east
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject:  

I didnt know 2x 6 = 120

Moritz

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject:  

psn dmg= too slow and before u hit anyone u get charged or zealed or w/e... Very Happy
Chibi

BNet Acct/Realm: Lou Ky, UsEast
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: I know it cant be done. But can it?  

LordPat wrote:
ok we ALL know u cant make a low lvl psn dagger necro

We all know? That's funny, I seem to remember building a level 9 psn dagger necro that worked pretty well.... Rolling Eyes ^^;

ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject:  

No charge or zeal at lvl9 [although this is being used to kill pubbies so expect to face them]

And Zero, i think he meant 20 poison dmg.

I think you should build it, blizz gave us the poison dagger skill for a reason.

And i think just +20poison jewels will be ok, unlessyou are seriously commited to this build and want to spend a LOT on it.
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject:  

Zero wrote:
I didnt know 2x 6 = 120

you also obviously didnt know that the "envy" mod is 20 poison damage. 20 * 6 = 120. he made a typo. and we;er all guilty of that once in a while. some more so than others. Wink

and if anything, i would look for envy jewels with AR on them. most people would give away 20 pd jewels as it is, with ar, pgems i would think could get you enough.

Bountiehunter

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject:  

sorry to bring up an old thread but ive put 6envy jewels in a sword and its actualy 121 dammage Rolling Eyes

@Us West - Bountiehunter <-> Bountiehunter13 mostly on 9 Wink
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject:  

omg, make an all red envy necro, sex!!!!!
xZephyrX

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject:  

The first bp to make poison length reduce and stacked res ineffective is 55k. Figure out a way to do that on an lld and not only will it kill but it will kill realitively quickly. I've only achieved it an a mld. But it might be possible for lld. In addition, lld duel in norm generally and its much easier to kill with elem damage in nm or hell depending on your difficulty preference. THe second bp(surpasses 200layered poison res and 125% length red is 77k) . Food for thought.....
Inexorable

BNet Acct/Realm: TheSupplier, Cancerofdabowel
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject:  

It all depends on the Life, Poison Resist, and Poison Length Reduction of the character.

With a norm Anya done, and Death's Gloves/Belt on, a character has 75% length reduction and 75% resistance to poison. Given the PvP penalty of 1/6.. in this case, the actual poison damage dealt is 1/4(resistance)*1/4(length reduction)*1/6(PvP penalty) = 1/96 of listed damage, not taking into account +replenish life.
So for a 700 life character, you will need 67,200 listed poison damage to kill them, assuming they have no +replenish life.

Stacking tons of extra poison resist has no additional effect UNLESS you have +poison resist on your gear. Darkglow gives +5max resistances for all resists, so we'll recompute to accomodate for that. Now it's 20%(1/5) that gets past resistance. 1/4*1/5*1/6 = 1/120 of listed that gets through.

700 life character with 80% poison resist and 75% length reduction requires 84,000 listed poison damage to die.

If Venom Ward is used, this jacks the max poison resistance up to 90%(1/10)..

700 life with 90% poison resist and 75% length reduced requires 168,000 poison damage to kill.. once again, so long as there is no +replenish life. 168 I don't believe is attainable by low OR high level characters in Diablo II.

Hope some of these numbers help.

Knarl wrote:
Inexorable beat LittleKnarl, 4-3. Grumble grumble. My poor smiter.

Knarl wrote:
4-3 for inexorable again in melee. 10 life...pssh.

If you cannot take the heat....
Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: