LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:36 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Max damage on a Shock Bear?
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
ophio

BNet Acct/Realm: UsWest,Van City
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject:  Max damage on a Shock Bear?  

It's kinda sad that the highest skill a wear bear can have is shockwave, and it has no synergies...
Maybe im missing something, but I i cant seem to figure out how you could get viable damage with shockwave as a lvl 30 wearbear. I've been tempted to make a shock bear, but im starting to loose confidense in the build being able to own more than just half rate pubbies... Crying or Very sad

Can shock wave work... or is it a lost cause?

What could I possibly get my shock wave damage to at lvl 14?

Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: Max damage on a Shock Bear?  

ophio wrote:
It's kinda sad that the highest skill a wear bear can have is shockwave, and it has no synergies...
Maybe im missing something, but I i cant seem to figure out how you could get viable damage with shockwave as a lvl 30 wearbear. I've been tempted to make a shock bear, but im starting to loose confidense in the build being able to own more than just half rate pubbies... Crying or Very sad

Can shock wave work... or is it a lost cause?

What could I possibly get my shock wave damage to at lvl 14?

A lvl 14 shock wave would do 61-71 dmg.

And the idea of a shockwave druid is not to do massive damage with shockwave. The idea is to be able to spam it fast in order to stun your opponent while your MINIONS attack your opponent, i.e. wolves or grizzly.

Just ask chasingchickens about it. He used to have a shocker back in the olden days when he used to LLD. Wink

ChasingChickens

BNet Acct/Realm: *Chasingchickens, *LegendofRooster
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject:  

ok ok ok make way for the shockbear originator for lld, (ok maybe not but i need something to be proud of)
ok well when I made my shockbear I could only go to level 29 but now its open for level 30, when I did it I pretty much maxxed spirit wolves and let them all attack at once while my level 1 or so shockwave stunned, shockwave is only meant to stun and not allow your opponent to move. Now at level 30 you have the choice of using either a grizz bear and hope that with your +skills it will bring the damage above, and you can pour the rest of your points into spirit wolves or HoW, the nice thing about no synergies is they already get natural synergies from before 1.10 so if I'm not mistaken +skills will increase the damage for all your summons, so jsut play around with seeing if you like the one hit high damage of a grizz or a bunch of spiritwolves doing a lot of average damage, and the nice thing about grizz is that if he dies you only have to recast once, spirit wovles you'd have to recast like 5 to make them efective...

and knarl...I am almost back...

iso: 18 max/-15 req jewel
20+max damage jewels
3/ar/life scs
ed/max jewels
Standard LLD Currency (15 lifers, 15 maxers, SoJ's, Runes, etc etc)
VoodooCamel

BNet Acct/Realm: Gettin' Owned USEast Style
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject:  

I had the calculations, but noticed some discepancies between the skill planner and the arreat summit...

Here is the setup I was going to use:
1 Lycanthrope
1 Werebear
2 Shockwave
10 Spirit Wolves
1 Grizzly Bear
13 Heart Of Wolverine
(1 into each pre. req)

For gear i was going to use:
Club (+2 druid summoning)
Magi
SoE
'Rhyme' Grim Shield
2x Soj
+2 summons + life ammy
Magefist
Cow Boots
+2 summons +fcr circlet

that will give me a decent amount of +skills while still allowing me to cast at a decent rate. (11 Frames... kinda slow but condiering I think that fastest is 9 which takes an obscene amount of fcr to get too... not that shabby... plus shockwave will stun for like 4 seconds with this setup!)

I will get back to you guys with the calculations once I can figure them out!
P.S. are there any special PvP rules for summons? Thanks ahead of time!
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: