LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri May 31, 2024 1:49 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
What to put into my necro's shield and Hammerdin counters
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
Phyre

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder SC
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject:  What to put into my necro's shield and Hammerdin counters  

As most of you already know, I duel at level 35 in pubbies mainly. With that out of the way, I'm looking for advice on two topics:

1) My level 35 necro just got his hands on a +2 p/b, +revive, +decrep, +fg, 2 socket necro head. (thanks PageFighter Wink) I'm curious what I should socket it with. I don't think anything would really allow him to have a reasonable block rate, he's at base dex and has 8% block at the moment. Maybe if it had deflecting mods I'd use Elds or dex jewels for blocking but it doesn't. So, I'm thinking I could use pdiamonds but I already have maxed res from the rest of my gear almost. I need exactly 12 lightning and 12 psn res to hit max, so 1 pdiamond would do it, but I'm thinking I could use charms instead and use that socket for something else. Perhaps an Io rune for +10 vita each?

2) My 35 sin doesn't really have problems with too many builds (smiters aside Mad ) but I got to duel a good 35 hammerdin today and needless to say he won the majority of the time. I couldn't WoF+MB since he'd just charge out too. Basically it came down to alot of luck with weapon block and alot of running around both of us trying to get under the other. Any hints on making this matchup easier would be appreciated.

Also, which claw do you think would be best to have as a main claw for this? I use a +2 SD claw on the inactive side, and I tried a Strength, Malice, and a +2 SD 5% ctc Amp claw. None of them really seemed like they did much better. Amp didn't trigger, CB helped a bit, and OW I didn't get to experiment much with.

At the moment my strategy is to DF to him with Malice while he is running to try to get OW for hit and run attacks before he can get hammers flying again. If he stays still, I'll keep my distance and throw some Blade Fury his way to get him running again. He can't afford to walk or else I can get under him too easily.

P.S: He was using mana pots, so I did also starting in round two. There was no way he could keep charging around and throwing hammers at the rate he did without plenty of mana pots. So, for our purposes, assume a pretty good amount of mana available to us.
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject:  

Personally, I would double P diamond the shield because 75 resist all won't mean much against an FOHer or a blizz sorc or a psnmancer. You'll need more than that to compete.

I don't play trappers, but I do play hammerdins, and I would suggest:

Stay below him as much as possible. Make him chase you, and not the other way around. It is not easy for a hammerdin to connect with a fast moving target. And since hammers start at about 10-11 o clock, and move clockwise, if you stay below him, he should have trouble hitting you. Basically, you have to rely on your trap dmg for the most part. Doing the DF/OW thing is dangerous because if you get right on top of him, you are in prime position to get hammer time. If you can catch him off guard, then do it, but otherwise, you are in deep trouble.

Nosferatu
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: Ladder East
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject:  

heheh i was thinkin elds in the shield but im not experienced with lld casters so im guessing elds and alot of dex charms. but wait till knarl replies that guys nec looks godly anywas good luck man.
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject:  

id personally do 1 pdiamond and 1 str/dex jewel. or if you are dead locked on NOT getting max block, then a pdiamond and that io rune would be a good idea (mmmm 30 more life). think about it this way however.

1 pdiamond = 19 res all
-youd need 4*5 res all scs to get that res = 4 less slots for 15 life scs = 60 less life.
-youd need 2*8res all lcs and a 5res sc to get that res = 5 less 15 lifers = 75 less life.
-youd need 1*15 all res gc and 1*5 all res sc = 4 less 15 lifers = 60 life lost again.

putting 2 ios in there would give you 60 more life. so technically...you could do that and then go with the 4 scs or 1 gc and 1 sc combos and still be at the same life, but youd be down 1 socket.

the choice is obviously yours. but getting more res/block without having to sacrifise life, is usually the way to go.

Phyre

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:52 am    Post subject:  

Thanks everyone for the input. Smile

I apologize for leaving out something fairly vital it seems. My sin is a kicker, not a trapper. I'd never try to actually kill someone with my WoF at level 1, let alone a hammerdin with around 1k health. Shocked If I was a pure LS trapper then I wouldn't be too worried as I don't think he'd be able to catch me and I have no reason to be anywhere near him.
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject:  

Phyre was it HFC's hammerdin? I am curious to see if it's working well I gave him a few things for that build and told him what I thought would work best but I still didn't know if it would work out. So pretty much I just want to know was it HFC, and if so, did you see him duel any necros?
Phyre

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject:  

Yeah Bel, it was HFCX's Hammerdin.

I didn't duel him with my necro nor did I see him duel any necros. At least none that were remotely competent that I can remember. If you wanted to test it against a necro, mine is semi-usable. Life is still low due to crap charms, but otherwise it's okay.
Knarl
You're Doomed

1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject:  

Phyre wrote:
Thanks everyone for the input. Smile

I apologize for leaving out something fairly vital it seems. My sin is a kicker, not a trapper. I'd never try to actually kill someone with my WoF at level 1, let alone a hammerdin with around 1k health. Shocked If I was a pure LS trapper then I wouldn't be too worried as I don't think he'd be able to catch me and I have no reason to be anywhere near him.

That would make a difference...lol

All I know is my lvl 30 hammerdin has 1K+ Life and has no fear of any melee characters. So I really don't know any effective counters except trying to stay below him.

Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject:  

That hammerdin you were dueling Only has 10 charms so far o.O So it seems if he could beat you most of the time now, then once he is finished there will be no contest >.< He also hasn't done any skill Q's yet. But anywho your necro can beat him easy. You could probably beat hmi on your necro while only using 1/3 of your items just to embarrass him even more ^-^ I did that vs any hammerdin without enigma on my necro Razz You'll probably just have to use your necro against him >.< I can't see you beating him when he's done unless he makes a mistake. But I did see a kicker in high lvl who beat up pretty much any hammerdin she came across o.O Maybe it's different in high lvl's I dunno or maybe there is something we're missing here.
Knarl
You're Doomed

1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject:  

Belarathon wrote:
That hammerdin you were dueling Only has 10 charms so far o.O So it seems if he could beat you most of the time now, then once he is finished there will be no contest >.< He also hasn't done any skill Q's yet. But anywho your necro can beat him easy. You could probably beat hmi on your necro while only using 1/3 of your items just to embarrass him even more ^-^ I did that vs any hammerdin without enigma on my necro Razz You'll probably just have to use your necro against him >.< I can't see you beating him when he's done unless he makes a mistake. But I did see a kicker in high lvl who beat up pretty much any hammerdin she came across o.O Maybe it's different in high lvl's I dunno or maybe there is something we're missing here.

My lvl 92 hammerdin does 15K-15K dmg. That'll kill most high level kickers in 1-2 hits.

Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: