LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:51 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Q & A Spot
why?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
Entreri

BNet Acct/Realm: Wsccl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject:  why?   Reply with quote 

i love being here... i love trading here but its impossible... i mess up once because of a time difference on a bump (didnt know if it was 24 hours or not, considering my clock is messed up) and my post got locked

my question is:
why in the freaking heck do i have to wait another 24 hours to post and trade again? i did it without knowing i couldnt post, and now i have to wait 48 hours to trade something on a fucking game.... what the hell? plz tell me the use of this pos rule...

Bumping:
You must wait at least 24 hours between bumps in your trade threads. there's an edit button for a reason, use it. If you bump your thread twice in any way or form in under 24 hours, it will be locked. This trade forum is not as busy as the b.net forums, we don't need a bump every hour on the hour.
For clarification purposes:
The 24 hour bump rule means that if you were the last person to post in your thread, you may not post anything else in your thread for at least 24 hours. Also, if your latest post does not contribute to the thread (for example, just saying "bump") and is less than 24 hours after your last post in the thread (even if other people have posted in your trade thread), it is breaking the 24 hour bump rule and your thread will be locked. If you feel that the moderator that locked your thread is in the wrong, PM him asking why, it does not need to become a public affair.

nowhere does it say i cannot repost after it is locked... i'll watch the bumping from now on, but 48 hours? what the hell... its useless...
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

its the punishment of not following the 24 hour bump rule.

there is no reason to bump a post more than once a day, we arent that busy.

if you do, and you dont get punised, then youll do it again. if you do it again, then everyone will start doing it, and whenever they want.

do you want to have to bump your post every 15 minutes to make sure you are on the first page?

that is the point of this "pos rule". deal with it. wait your 48 hours and dont make the mistake again. problem solved.

forsaken wrote:
forsaken wrote:
B[x] wrote:
24 hour bump rule, do not repost for another 24 hours from now.
locked.

that means 24 hours from the time that i locked it, not from your last post

forsaken wrote:
forsaken wrote:
B[x] wrote:
24 hour bump rule, do not repost for another 24 hours from now.
locked.

that means 24 hours from the time that i locked it, not from your last post

now its 48. repost any earlier and it will be a week. and maybe u should just set your forum clock to the same time as your computer clock. then u will know if it's been 24 hours, or if its still too early.

says so right there. he is the trade mod, he enforces the rules.

Last edited by VoicesLLD on Mon May 30, 2005 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Captain Crunch

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: why?   Reply with quote 

Wizardspike15 wrote:
i love being here... i love trading here but its impossible... i mess up once because of a time difference on a bump (didnt know if it was 24 hours or not, considering my clock is messed up) and my post got locked

if u mess up, even if u didnt know it was too early, u still have to pay the consequence. there are no exceptions, first time or not. other mods are not exempt from this rule either.

Wizardspike15 wrote:
my question is:
why in the freaking heck do i have to wait another 24 hours to post and trade again? i did it without knowing i couldnt post, and now i have to wait 48 hours to trade something on a fucking game.... what the hell? plz tell me the use of this pos rule...

you have to wait 24 hours, because that is the designated consequence for breaking the 24 hour bump rule. and now u have to wait 48 hours because u did not read the explanation i posted when i locked your post.

as far as i know, the point of the 24 hour bump rule is to prevent people from randomly stacking their post counts higher, and to prevent people from always clogging the front page with repeated bumps.

edit: we posted at the same time jason xD

You're a stupid thread.

Entreri

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

well i would be satisfied if that was posted on the rules page, instead of pulling it out of your ass and shoving it in my face when i am trying to follow the rules actually stated in the rules thread

also: what is GMT? GMT +4? what does this have to do with time?

Quote:
do you want to have to bump your post every 15 minutes to make sure you are on the first page?

when i bumped it i was like... 2 hours away from 24 hours? considering this thing is messed up, and i was just guessing i think i did pretty well
Captain Crunch

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Wizardspike15 wrote:
well i would be satisfied if that was posted on the rules page, instead of pulling it out of your ass and shoving it in my face when i am trying to follow the rules actually stated in the rules thread

which part are u referring to?

Wizardspike15 wrote:

GMT = Greenwich Mean Time

greenwich is a city somewhere in britain or one of the surrounding countries. at that spot, the time is gmt. anywhere else, and u have to add or subtract hours based on how far away u are and what time zone u live in.

http://wirsz.phpwebhosting.com/LLDBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10042
check this post out. there is a very short and simple explanation of how to set up your time zone. maybe if u had bothered to read the stickies, then u would never have run into this problem at all.

Wizardspike15 wrote:
when i bumped it i was like... 2 hours away from 24 hours? considering this thing is messed up, and i was just guessing i think i did pretty well

it was more like 4 hours. 3 hours and 40 something minutes.

Wizardspike15 wrote:
nowhere does it say i cannot repost after it is locked... i'll watch the bumping from now on, but 48 hours? what the hell... its useless...

it doesnt say u cant repost. but thats because I said u cant repost.

and also, if u read that section closely, u might notice it says to pm a mod with a complaint, and not to make it a public affair. its kinda interesting how u overlooked that section

You're a stupid thread.

Last edited by Captain Crunch on Mon May 30, 2005 1:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Wizardspike15 wrote:

Quote:

it wasnt "pulled out of his ass", it has been the consequence since the rule was employed. its your own fault for never paying attention when it happened. and its your own fault for not reading the responce given to you by the mod who locked your thread.

the "thing" isnt messed up. when i set my clock, i didnt know what GMT was, all iknew was it had something to do with my time zone (and still didnt know what it exactly was, until i just read andrews explaination). so i kept changing it til it showed the same time as my computer. wasnt hard, just took some effort on my part. but i guess thats the problem right? the effort, and you having to give it sometimes. Rolling Eyes

as a reference, i am gmt -7, and my current time is 215pm. go from that. if you are 515pm, you are -4.

Entreri

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

Quote:
i didnt know what GMT was, all iknew was it had something to do with my time zone (and still didnt know what it exactly was, until i just read andrews explaination). so i kept changing it til it showed the same time as my computer. wasnt hard, just took some effort on my part.

thank you for some useful information...

sorry i guess...
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote 

WWW.FREESTATEPROJECT.ORG
Or in the D2 case
Out-lawz

If you don't like it then bye byes.
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » LLD101 Forum Information Booth » Q & A Spot
Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum