LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:13 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
How many of you used to/still do play Pokemon?
Page 2 of 2 [29 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
TheBigL481

BNet Acct/Realm: Lancashire, NW of England, UK
2.80 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject:  

They should really release more games in the Pokemon style, its such a supreme gaming type. I used to play a uber good game called Jade Cucoon(i think thats how you spell Cucoon), whch was quite similar to Pokemon, but it was eerie at times, and you could merge the monsters you caught together, to eliminate some of their weaknesses, introduce them to new strengths, and combine their good skills. Very fun and addicting game, if anyone wants to try and get it on Playstation 1 (or an emulator)
Koshi

BNet Acct/Realm: US East scnl, New Zealand
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject:  

Id like to see another game with that style..since pokemon are a little childish Laughing

T_Maldo

BNet Acct/Realm: USA. Cal
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject:  

Pokemon also has horrible animation.. the shows i mean... its like... really bad.
JelloSockets

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject:  

its a kid show... it doesnt need dbz graphics
yeaaaaah!
*~~Meli~~*

BNet Acct/Realm: Boston
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject:  

I used to play red blue and yellow. And I watched the show every day at 4pm
And if we're talking about obsessions! well, I started drawing them and thought I was going to be able to draw all of them:

How embarassing Embarassed
(I actually only reached pokemon #29)
Pikkon85

BNet Acct/Realm: Missouri
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject:  

Go DBZ. i still have all the eposides of vhs and the movies on dvd. I really don;t watch them much anymore but i do still draw from it alot. And my accounts are based on a character form it (Pikkon who should have beaten goku easy pwn.)
Grim04

BNet Acct/Realm: Grim04/UWNL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject:  

DBZ was good for awhile, but now I started to hate that there were only like 3 people who could actually do stuff. Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan (up to buu saga... then he became a pansy). What do you mean DBZ animations... half of the fighting is the same sequenced over and over again.
velocity

BNet Acct/Realm: Lazy_Dragon69 UsEast-Nonladder
-2.73 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject:  

DBZ is classic, no-1 can forget about it, i use look on the internet and print out pictures of em, then one day i lost em all which was about 300+ good pictures, i dunno how... but i soo into it i think my bro burn em all.. ( i was pissed but it was a longg time ago)

Martin V. Li
Sept. 17, 1987-Mar. 3, 2008

He wasnt just my Brother
He was my Teacher
My partner
And my best Friend

Rest In Peace
LoSt_BaNaNa

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject:  

i spend around 3k+ on polemon cards at least (my mom did neway) i remember when they first came out i gave a kid a dollar for an energy card and a nitoran i believe Razz sumthin like that and i still remember all the names almost in order from 0-151 0 being the missing no thing where i could dupe the rare candy and lvl all my pokemon to lvl 99 or 100 i forgot what it goes to lol i thinkin 100 anyway i used to have a crush on misty from the show when i was in like 5th grade lol.
stay smart be dumb.
Entreri

BNet Acct/Realm: Wsccl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject:  

went straight from pokemon to d2... games suck.
pwned.nl
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: us east / *pandaeater / 1
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject:  

LoSt_BaNaNa wrote:
i spend around 3k+ on polemon cards at least (my mom did neway) i remember when they first came out i gave a kid a dollar for an energy card and a nitoran i believe Razz sumthin like that and i still remember all the names almost in order from 0-151 0 being the missing no thing where i could dupe the rare candy and lvl all my pokemon to lvl 99 or 100 i forgot what it goes to lol i thinkin 100 anyway i used to have a crush on misty from the show when i was in like 5th grade lol.

3k and u dont even know the name? do you know how much 3 thousand dollars is? Obviously not, if this is true im sorry but your thr most spoiled kid alive, altho i doubt this very much

JelloSockets

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject:  

whether dbz plays the same scene over and over again doesnt mean it has bad animation
was just comparing detail... all the characters on poke look like they were bucketed colors on paint, while dbz obviously took more time on theirs.

yeaaaaah!
Dao Jones

BNet Acct/Realm: *Dao_Jones, Bi-Realmsual.
33.66 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject:  

I was too old to play Pokemon (I was well into my twenties when it came out, if I remember correctly), but I did play Magic: the Gathering for a few years. A girl I was dating was obsessed with some tarot cards I had picked up on a lark, and she offered to trade me a crapload of magic cards for them. Willing to do anything to get into her pan... uh, "good graces", I assented, and my brief obsession took off. (For those that played, I started right as "Legends" came out, which was I believe the second expansion.) I'm sure I spent several hundred dollars on it over the few years I played, but a game like that is a lot like Diablo 2: those with the best items tend to win the most. And since I was never willing to invest too deeply I could never keep up with my more pathetic and geeky friends who had nothing else to use their money on.

I also remember the day I quit. I arrived at a friend of a friend's house - the guy with all the cards that some friends and I used to hang out with to mooch drinks and free cards from - and he was really excited. Ushering us into his living room, he revealed that he has just bought the most elusive and hard to find card in the game: the Black Lotus. "Yeah," he said, "and I only had to pay $200 for it! I totally ripped that kid off - this thing is worth five easy!"

I think I still have a box of my old cards in my apartment somewhere. I remember right before I moved I went to a comic shop to see if I could sell them for spare cash. Turns out no one plays with the old cards anymore, so all of my "collectibles" are worth about as much as beer coasters. At least the artwork was nice to look at... and my "death by squirrels" green/white deck is still ready to kick some noob MtG arse!

Woot me! Embarassed

The New LLD101 splash page (Props to Shieron)
LoSt_BaNaNa

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject:  

pwned.nl wrote:
LoSt_BaNaNa wrote:

3k and u dont even know the name? do you know how much 3 thousand dollars is? Obviously not, if this is true im sorry but your thr most spoiled kid alive, altho i doubt this very much

yeah dollars i'd hope you would be smart enough to figure out and wow a small typo you complainabout ppldoing stupid things in posts look at your self i know im not innocient either but still just please learn to keep stuff to yourself sometimes.

And DbzBored me when they just stood there for most of show screaming like they are constipated and their ass is going to explode.

stay smart be dumb.
Page 2 of 2 [29 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Jump to: