LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:33 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Guild Wars
Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject:  Guild Wars  

I see a lot of people are leaving to play Guild Wars. Any of you guys have previous experience with MMORPS? If not, let me warn you, they are good. Too good.

If you consider yourself "addicted" to D2, then you have a whole new world of addiction headed your way. I don't let myself play MMORPGs anymore Smile
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject:  

congratulations, you made the first post about alternative gaming in the non alternative gaming designated section.
Entreri

BNet Acct/Realm: Wsccl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject:  

bought guild wars... evidently my video card is crap, and none of the armor shows up, it is all metalic white...
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject:  

i bought it as well, and now am having the problem described in this thread.

http://www.rpgstars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2998

the only problem is, these computer geniuses that come up with these solutions dont think of 1 thing. anyone who couldnt figure out how to fix it on their own, probably has no idea what they are talking about when they refer to things in technical terms.

i dont suppose anyone can explain this to me in english, eh?

Captain Crunch

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject:  

bios is the basic control system for all of your basic functions, like keyboard, monitor, disc drives, w/e. u can access bios by holding a certain key when your computer is starting. only thing is i forget the key. i think its the "del" key tho.

once your inside the bios interface, it shouldnt be that hard to reset it to factory defaults, or to find the memory controls and change them around. pcs are built for home use, and so must be understandable even for the average computer person. i dont know how to update the bios tho, since ive never had a problem like this.

as for power supply, that just means make sure u have enuff electricity going into your computer as u need. u can check how powerful your pwoer supply is by taking apart your computer and looking at the heavy metal box that should be somehwere near the back and has all the power cables running out of it. but be careful, and make sure everything is unplugged first, or u could give urself a nasty surprise (permanent erectile dysfunction resulting for electric shock Very Happy). on the metal box, there should be a sticker or some sort of writing that describes how powerful the supply is.

AGP is a type of port, i believe. i suppose u could enable or disable fast write and test from inside of the bios

You're a stupid thread.

VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject:  

i just updated my processor drivers, and so far iv played for about 5 minutes without freezing. *crosses fingers*

Rampage

BNet Acct/Realm: US East
12.98 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:
i just updated my processor drivers, and so far iv played for about 5 minutes without freezing. *crosses fingers*

You should download and install the latest drivers for your video card or chip also. If you have a built in graphic solution (like an Intel chip on the motherboard) you are going to me at a severe handicap in playing this game. I am running NForce 4 cards on two of my computers and a ATI Radeon on the other and they all handle the game easily. The only time I see any hitch at all is if my Virus Scan decides to run while I am in game.

You can check what Graphics card (Vid Card) you have by right clicking on the desktop-properties-settings-select advance-pick the adapter tab. It is best to go to the Graphics card manufacturer website or Guru3d.com to download the latest drivers. Most come in an exe. file that you just double click and they will install. Sometimes the improvement in performance with new drivers is amazing. Make sure to get the ones for the operating system that you are running ie. XP,NT, 2000 or 98.
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject:  

ill try that, thanks steve.

and i have an NVIDIA GeForce fx 5200 graphics card. im not sure if thats good or not? Confused

edit: updated my geforce drivers and it still freezes on me. Evil or Very Mad

Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts]  
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Alternative Gaming
Jump to: