LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat Jun 15, 2024 3:58 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
1.09 = Zon 1.10 = Hammerdin 1.10 Lad Season 2 = Smiter?
Page 1 of 3 [37 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
LLD_Pie

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject:  1.09 = Zon 1.10 = Hammerdin 1.10 Lad Season 2 = Smiter?  

in 1.9 zonz pwnd basicaly everything except equaly well hacked barbs

in 1.10 hammerdins bacame the popular own everything character

now with greif on ladder do you think smiters will be the new pvp char of choice? ive noticed that a pure smiter/charger Edit: and V/T can wreck basicaly everthing..my lvl 59 smiter rarely dies to anything under lvl 75...

just thought id get some opinions

EDIT: pshh forgot to put V/T in there

Last edited by LLD_Pie on Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Captain Crunch

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject:  

ive seen some foher/smiters that are really powerful

but i bet a charger/smiter would be good too

You're a stupid thread.

wake-up

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject:  

Maybe just Paladins in general? FOHers are really hard to beat for most classes, unless you stock up on absorb and stack, Smiters were good before the new runewords and now they look incredibly nasty, and Zeal pallies with Exile are very good except perhaps against casters. Charge pallies are devestating against any casters without summons.
CareBearsRule

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject:  

Paladins overpowered?

There should be a new patch. ^.^
Phyre

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder SC
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject:  

Zealers will never compete with any half decent caster first off.

Hammerdins were powerful before but certainly not the top dueling class, I regularly killed them with my necro.

The new V/T's and Charge/Smiters with Grief will be tougher, but not that much stronger than their original forms against casters. V/T's will only really use FoH against casters and Charge/Smiters will only really use Charge. Any half decent caster won't let you get a smite off.

The paladin killer of choice is still the Windy.
- Cyclone armor = FoH is useless.
- Minion stack = Smite and charge are useless.

Their only hope is to get a very lucky Lifetap trigger and hope they can smite to death before they are nado'ed to death. I would put my money on the Windy in a tankfest.

LLD_Pie

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject:  

Phyre your absolutely right... the best way to kill them is minion stacking... in fact thats probably the only way... i built my pally for caster pk which means he has... depending on set up somwhere upwards of 180 stacked resist... unfortunately with all the pubby newbs that use AA minion stacking isnt as effective as it sould be against charger :-/

Phyre

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject:  

Just another reason to do what I intend to be doing should I start another HLD, make a WW barb. They are the, in my opinion, ultimate anti-aa char. Built right they can stack enough res to negate just about anyone with little sacrifice, they have enough life to survive alot more than most chars, and lastly so many AA attacks are nullified by simply doing short WWs. Downwards in the case of AAing Hammerdins and Windies, away from the target in the case of chargers.

Correctly played, they have a chance against anything. They have no perfect counter, only overcomeable weaknesses. I still favor my necro, but I certainly want to start a BvC barb one day.

VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject:  

how can they stack magic reduction? necromancers school ww barbs.

Phyre

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:

Yeah, that's my stance as well. But the BvC barbs on West seem to be 100% sure that they can kill necros left, right, and center without too much trouble. When they come back from whatever vacation they are on, I'll be borrowing a necro on West to test them out.

bad_luck

BNet Acct/Realm: Waukesha, WI
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject:  

[quote="VoicesLLD"]how can they stack magic reduction? necromancers school ww barbs.[/quote]

That's a bold statement. My MLD barb hasn't met a MLD Necro he cant kill and that includes a few level 7x's. While you can't stack magic damage reduction, you make up the difference with life (my lvl 54 has over 3000) and massive damage. Even with the Marrow Walk bug, once you get past the bone armor, most necro's just don't have that much life. Build to tank the first volley of spears/spirits and you can own them. Just my .02 cents.
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject:  

bad_luck wrote:
VoicesLLD wrote:

That's a bold statement. My MLD barb hasn't met a MLD Necro he cant kill and that includes a few level 7x's. While you can't stack magic damage reduction, you make up the difference with life (my lvl 54 has over 3000) and massive damage. Even with the Marrow Walk bug, once you get past the bone armor, most necro's just don't have that much life. Build to tank the first volley of spears/spirits and you can own them. Just my .02 cents.

then you havent met a good necro yet. and i was refering to HLD, since that is what is being talked about. a barb without enigma vs a necro with or without enigma = dead, if the necro knows what he is doing. its not hard to dodge ww, its not hard to recast armor. and a good 2-3k spirit will eat your life up pretty fast.

dragonlord543

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:
bad_luck wrote:
VoicesLLD wrote:

then you havent met a good necro yet. and i was refering to HLD, since that is what is being talked about. a barb without enigma vs a necro with or without enigma = dead, if the necro knows what he is doing. its not hard to dodge ww, its not hard to recast armor. and a good 2-3k spirit will eat your life up pretty fast.

But don't use spirit for gods sake. Use spear. I've been HLDing with my vit nec. Can beat almost every barb except for sometimes HannibalKoRn's barb. Barb with enigma is still easily killed by a good HLD Nec
Knifer

BNet Acct/Realm: Hawaii/Oregon
1.39 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject:  

basically any necro with max block and a good bone armor will kill a ww barb anyday. mine has taken hits from barbs with all the stuff, 400 some ebotdZ, enigma etc etc. also a good necro will tele out of the way of a tele'd ww and spear him to death
zoe_lldgod

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject:  

I agree with Voices. You must not have met a really good necro yet. In MLD, a good necro is going to be at 125% frw or more. Try catching that, especially with no teleport and trying to WW. I know you can easily hit 2-3k spirits and spears. That's 500 damage a pop. The highest life barb I've seen under level 60 was 4.2k life, and he'd still be dead in 9 hits. When you stop and think about it, that's really not too much.
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject:  

spirit is used to herd your opponent into a predictable run path. thats when you shoot spear at them.

Page 1 of 3 [37 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: