LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
What levels are fair in pubbies?
Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]  
Phyre

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder SC
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject:  What levels are fair in pubbies?  

I know I'm probably going to get a couple "anything goes in pubbies" but I'm just going to ignore those. Despite the vast amount of morons that come into LLD games with level 60+ chars, there are some that try to keep it around mid 30's at tops. I'm curious what the various level groups are. Which interact with which basically. I've seen the following groups mainly:

I'm not sure which groups is it generally accepted for each group to duel with outside of their own. I know if any of the lower groups challenge a higher level, its accepted. But I know certain ones are just not accepted, like level 35s challenging 18s.
meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject:  

You said it yourself, just use some commen sense there then it's fine.
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject:  

Assuming decent/well-built chars:

A 9 can't beat an 18.
An 18 can beat a 25. (though it's tough)
A 25 can beat a 29. (though it's tough)
A 29 can beat a 30.
A 30 can beat a 31.
A 31 can beat a 33. (though suicide branch becomes an option...especially with ele druids)
A 33 can beat a 35 (though it gets iffy again when you talk about 'white' necros)

And I've beaten all lvl 35 necros I've faced with my lvl 30 necro. Even up into the lvl 40 necros I've beaten unless they surprise me with a bone prison every now and then. Though most prison necs just spam bone spirit anyway and have no real skill so I don't really consider it a loss. Rolling Eyes

VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject:  

only level 40s sean? my necro has killed 60+s, though they might have been shitty necros, they atleast knew how to spear and spirit.

Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject:  

I was just talking about killing semi-low lvls in pubby lld games in comparison to the other lvls.

I've killed 80+ bowazons and many random 60+ chars in lld games with my necro. I've killed a few good 80-90 barbs by just side stepping and BSing/spearing them as they fly by. Laughing And I killed my friend's lvl 86 necro in a straight up bs/spear duel, no tele, no teeth on his part, no prison for either of us. And he isn't bad either. 10 p/b gcs, 1.5k life (I don't think he used CTA because he would have had 2k+). But my aim is better than his. Twisted Evil

Spazz
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject:  

Fat-Lip beats high levels all the time, it's no big deal to kill 80+ Confused

Account: -=-Spazz-=-
Realm: USEast
Characters:
Carousel - 57 Trap Assassin MLD

Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject:  

I wish my necro could duel yuors knarl but he's level 35, jus cause you said yours beat all the white necros o.O I'm pretty good at nec vs nec duels- it's my favourite duel. And at level 35 he has 1233-1334 bone spirit i want to get this one circlet though that will up it to 1400 max. 1030 life right now with circlet add 200 cause of a remake, 820 mana, 80%fcr. It's really sad that we can't duel Sad Though i know the levels aren't fair I think it would be fun anyways. Right now i think my record is the same as yours- never lost to another necro who doesn't tele, regardless of lvl (90+ w/e) as logn as they don't tele. But most high lvl necros have no duel skill so without their tele, vs a skilled nec vs nec dueler they are totally nullified. Their 5k dmg spirit can't hurt if it doesn't hit you, right? Very Happy I find the hardest to duel are fire sorcs lvl 45+ trappers can get hard, they were a lot harder before i practised with a trapper, after i practised some i beat a lvl 96 trapper ;D she was trying too but without bo on Mad i would have lsot if she had bo Embarassed oh well... i don't even know why i posted this i guess i'm just super, duper bored. Anywho, wish we could duel! but we can't (unless a virtual super villain takes over d2 and merges the 2 realms in an attempt at world domination, starting with the gamers) maybe? it could happen.
MysticFalcon182

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject:  

Whoa, Bela! Paragraphs are your friend Wink

The main thing about pubbies that I hate is how everyone gets mad and brings in high levels...

...And how I rarely meet up with a challenge on ladder.

Phyre

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder SC
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject:  

MysticFalcon182 wrote:
Whoa, Bela! Paragraphs are your friend Wink

The main thing about pubbies that I hate is how everyone gets mad and brings in high levels...

...And how I rarely meet up with a challenge on ladder.

I've started making low level dueling games myself so this way I know there is a level restriction on it. Wink As long as the cap is around 40 ish, things never get too ugly and if the level restriction's lowest level allowest is 9, then you don't need to worry about gold leechers and spam bots.

@Bela: Why don't you and Knarl duke it out on Open Bnet? I'm sure you are both trustworthy enough to not use bugged gear or something, so it should work out fine.
MysticFalcon182

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject:  

I've never personally seen Bela die. Confused

Belarathon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject:  

i made an account on west today maybe i can mf some and get a necro like mine on east lol... only i'd make lvl 30 on west cause they actually have lld'ers. It would take forever to get the same type of charms though. but i can make a crappy necro to duel with him! i won't be playing west much though unless if i end up having a good lld over there then iw ill probably play it more than east but to have a good lld nec from starting at zero items -.- know knows how long that will take. btw blarg.. or mystic falcon w/e you call yourself on forum, you've known me for awhile now, the longer you know me the more you'll realize that if it isn't for school, you'll rarely see paragraphs in my written work. and depending on what time of the day it is, it can be all misspelled bad grammer poor sentence structure (late at night) or it can be pretty good everything except paragraph use. (i hate thos edamn paragraphs, mainly i have a problem with the tab button and i refuse to use it, something it did to me way back, long story) anywho.. i forgot what my point of this was so... er... ah screw it i'm gonna go make some soup
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject:  

Belarathon wrote:
i won't be playing west much though unless if i end up having a good lld over there then iw ill probably play it more than east but to have a good lld nec from starting at zero items -.- who knows how long that will take.

trade items with someone on west who wants to switch over to east, if you can find such a person

Belarathon

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 8:05 am    Post subject:  

That's a pretty good idea maybe I'll make a post for that... but I wouldn't know where to put it. I figure it wouldn't take exceedingly long to get most of the items (besides the shield, ammy, wand [stupid drognan]) I'll just stick with pcrown for awhile I guess. But I don't know I'm just going to make a high level mf'er first and see what I find. If I can't find a good shield/wand/ammy then I probably won't start. Trading for that stuff with my east stuff wuold be too expensive for me Crying or Very sad But I'm gonna try anyways! What are some west people's accounts so I can have some friends O.O My list is empty on west. Maybe this should go in a new post but I'm too lazy!!!
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject:  

theres a llder account list. look in there.

Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: