LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri May 31, 2024 6:41 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Who else gets pissed off at BM hlds?
Page 1 of 2 [23 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject:  Who else gets pissed off at BM hlds?  

I'm in a dueling game as my level 86 cold sorc. I see another orb sorc in the game, so I decide to challenge her. I start out fine, not taking any hits, and I get two direct hits on her with my orbs, but she is still alive somehow. We keep going, I keep wittling away at her life, and I accidentally click outside my window. I get back in and I'm still alive. So we keep going and then she kills me. Now, as she runs to Akara, I notice that she has 25% of her life left. My jaw dropped there. I ask how much cold resist she is stacking, and she says that she is using two Ravenfrosts.

Sigh...

Phyre

BNet Acct/Realm: US East Ladder SC
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject:  

HLDs generally are BM. I'm assuming this was in a pubby, and in pubbies always expect that your opponent is being BM. This is why I play practically un-negateable builds like Bone necros.
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject:  

yup. takes no skill what-so-ever to negate another person. iv always said that all along. the point of dueling is to make a character who can take on all walks of life. not make a character who has a stash full of items for every scenario. that proves nothing. it just proves you can switch items reeeeeaaal good. Rolling Eyes

Captain Crunch

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject:  

I GET PISSED OFF TOO!!!! thats why i use a bone necro and hammerdin for dueling tho ;D no one can absorb all that magic dmg
You're a stupid thread.

demon_seed

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject:  

or you could just make a mb trapsin, wit x10 trap gc's, you can make them regret having negation equiptment making their death slow. Twisted Evil
ExPiReD

BNet Acct/Realm: *ExPiReD --West hCL--
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject:  

mmm...
most hated things:
Trapsin (run/spam)
Hammerdin (sit+spam/run+spam)
Absorbers of anytype.
Runeword: Doom
And people who kill your 55 with a HLD 1 outa 5 and think there godly.

-Nate

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address 
Entreri

BNet Acct/Realm: Wsccl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject:  

yea... my orber used to get owned in pubbies by raven frosts...

absorb my axe noob bm hlds Sad
wake-up

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
yup. takes no skill what-so-ever to negate another person. iv always said that all along. the point of dueling is to make a character who can take on all walks of life. not make a character who has a stash full of items for every scenario. that proves nothing. it just proves you can switch items reeeeeaaal good.

Yeah, true, but what happens when you encounter a build like a lit trapsin, FOHer, or fire sorc...which, lets face it, at high levels are pretty much impossible to beat without a bit of specialized equipment/absorb, assuming the player knows what he's doing.

I never know where to draw the line... Sad

Wouldn't it be nice if the game were 100% perfectly balanced? Very Happy
Entreri

BNet Acct/Realm: Wsccl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject:  

all it takes is practice... i havent used items with absorb since... those items were all i could afford. listening to people whine just isnt worth it
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject:  

fire sorcs are easy to kill. dodge their fireballs and theyre finished.

fohers can be taken down by necros/wind druids/other fohers/blizzard sorcs/ etc etc.

trappasin, get alot of FHR to begin with, and mass resists, and you should be fine.

i use a FOH'er as my HLD back up for my LLDs. he has 220+ resist all, and enough FHR. i can still get killed pretty often, but usually its 50/50.

vs a wind druid i let him come in close and then smite him to death. if im lucky, he has no FHR and cant retaliate. necros: foh/run/foh/run never stop to let the spirits hit you.

ChoboSkillz

BNet Acct/Realm: Canada, Vancouver BC
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject:  

its pretty hard to win again elemental builds without stack or absorb, (fire sorc, blizz sorc, light sorc, FOH, trapsin etc)

if you stack they call you a stacker
if you absorb they call you aborber
if you die they call you newb and diss your gear

so it really depends on you and where you draw the line.

no matter how good you are, if you dont stack vs sum elemental chars exp: foh or trapsin, u'll lose.. Foh can just charge around u, wait till conviction locks and rape u 1 hit.
VoicesLLD

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject:  

eh, if stacking res is part of your every day gear, then its nothing bad. if you have a 4 ort monarch for every time you face a trapper or foh'er, then its bad.

like i said, my foh'er has 220+ resist all. thats for every duel. i dont change items at all.

Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject:  

i think if nobody ever absorbed, the only thing able to kill a skilled light or fire sorc is another skilled sorc.
ChoboSkillz

BNet Acct/Realm: Canada, Vancouver BC
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject:  

Quote:
if you have a 4 ort monarch for every time you face a trapper or foh'er, then its bad.

But isnt diablo about adapting and exploiting your oppenents weaknesses?
If people chose to make a pure foh, or pure trapsin, sorc they should expect that people will stack and use absorb.

If switching items to negate your oppenents attack is bad, then wouldnt switching to a wind druid to duel a foh be considered bad =o?. Or switching to a hammerdin when your up against zealers, fury druids etc, shouldnt that be bad too?

If no one absorbed, i think foh would win cause its aa and you dont have to click on your opponent to hit them
lld-Zer0Cool

BNet Acct/Realm: useast sc-nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject:  

in 1.09 i had a foh/sorber char....i could fight the dif types of sorcs at same time and take no dmg....and he had no problem beating ne other chars with same gear....

1.10 is a diferent story tho, in 1.09 sorb > res....its actually not the case ne more. i have a 1.10 foh'er, does 5k foh and then aura lowers enemy res by 150%, also have a lower res weapon to cast which to my amazement does stack with aura Smile

i tested my sorb vrs my friends 200+ stacked res, i have maybe 100-150 res and then i can do light(wisp, t god, blackhorns), fire(hellmouth, rising sun, dwarf), cold (raven, blackoak sometimes)

my friend used no sorb but had at least 200 res all if not 250...i had ne were from 100-150 res with sorbs....

he did lots more dmg to me with traps then i could do with foh and aura

so learning from that i do not stack sorbs ne more, not only can it be negated by a good dueler (he started throwing fire things at me and almost killed me that way when i stacked res and sorb)...but it seems stacking res works better

also there is such a thing as magic resist, it is just nt shown in char screen and is always at 0 no matter what dificulty u r in, as ull notice there r more and more items (lots of new rune words) that offer magic absorb...

i think blizz intentionally wanted to make magic resist too, but b4 1.10 magic dmg chars were weak, so they decided not to make them worse by adding magic res, now in 1.10 they do tons of dmg bc blizz never finished adding the res...

thing i hate the most
lld game and some 1 brings hld necro or hammerdin knowing full well
A) they suck, and would not beat me in a hell game, they realize they have crap res, thats y they r not dueling in hell
B) magic dmg cannot be resisted so being in norm they have a big advantage

just my own complaint, today i go into a "low lvl duelers" game conating chars from 27-35 (my smitter was lvl 30)

i beat every 1 in there with no problem (pub game no big deal)..then some kid decideds its time to bring his lvl 73 bow zon in and teach me a leason (leason being hes a newb that cant kill me, even if hes double my lvl)...so i kill his zon with my lvl 30 smitter, he does maybe half my life away...then he decides his last resort is to get his lvl 85 hammerdin....so what do i do, get my necro, he leaves and gets his zon, i go get my hammerdin...he comes back with his hammerdin....

so my hammerdin lvl 89 vrs his lvl 85, i walk out....stand in place, chk my email, come back to him gaurding my body.....then i kill him in 1 hit naked...type not good esc exit....he listens wisely

still anoys me that ppl cant just say "hey that char is pretty strong for low lvl" and either make there low lvl better or ask me if i wana hld...dunt think that bc u have a hld and can beat a lvl 30 with it u r cool, i have hld's too, as do most of u guys
Page 1 of 2 [23 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: