LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:30 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Death Of A God
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
LOCRIAN]oL[

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:37 am    Post subject:  Death Of A God  

At the time of posting this the Shooter of Dimebag had just been released as Nathan Gale. I actually had tickets to Damageplans show which would have been tonight at the "MachineShop" here in Flint Mi where I live.
I'm by no means a young man although I play one on the net. Back in the mid 80's when I graduated, the music sceen was full of the "hairband" deal and altho there were many great guitarist from the era like Warren DeMartini(Ratt),George Lynch(Dokken), Jake E Lee(Ozzy at the time),Steve Vai(David Lee Roth) only to name but a few, the music direction wasn't much to my liking other then the riffs of the above guitarist. I used to play in local "bar-bands" up untill I got married(my ex wife was a striper, imagine that....a musician getting hitched to a stripper...unheard of) and she didn't care for amount of women at shows ready to do just about anything(the groupie sceen was really as fun at the bar level as at the stadium I'd have to think remembering back to our antics traveling town to town).
Being that we were a bar band we were expected to do sets that involved mainly cover material and any original material had to be "ok'ed" by the club owners. I remember in 1990 when "Cowboys From Hell" came out and being that alot of the material we played was hairband stuff(Hey, thats what was popular and we really had no choice as you were "expected" to play a certain amout of music in the "top ten") I immediately went to my studio to learn the title track.
I remember the trouble I had getting the exact "sweep" of the flange effect on the yamaha spx90(yeah for you musicians out there thats 90 not 9000 >.<). I remember also useing the spx's detune feature so I didnt have to physicaly retune one of my axes as most of the set was at 440. What can I say, Dimes use of detuning and that awsome E penatonic riff had me hooked and since it was "popular" music I was allowed to sneek this one in the set list.
My playing days live are long gone, although as I write this I've still got a Marshall to my right and my walls adorn Jacksons, Gibsons, Charvel , and a Wasburn(dime sig guitar maker)D12 12 string accoustic that remind me everyday what a joy it has been to have music in my life.
Even my online personna Locrian mirrors my love of music and its study. Locrian is the seventh mode of the greek natural major scale. The intervals of the minor 2nd,3rd,4th,5th,and 7th in the 13th century were belived to invoke demons because of the dissonance the flated 2nd within the scale in relation to the major caused.
Basicaly all this has been said to prove I'm not some idiot when it comes to the technical aspects of music. Dime was an innovator and one hell of an axe slinger. At the age of 38 he's left us with a great body of work but unlike people like Randy Rhodes, Dime was taken from us on purpose..not accident.. and thats whats so truely sad. I've loved his music for quite a wile and as I listen to 101.5 which is in tight with "The Machine Shop" they say that TMS is closing down tonight out of respect for Dime.
For those of us on the forums that loved Dime we've still got a large body of work to enjoy and the constant reminder of Dimes live stage presents in every post we veiw of Voices.

Good bye Dime

I missed your show by but 24 hours and ill remember this till im old and grey
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject:  

i remeber getting, vulgar display. and i think it was cemetary gates,,, i musta practiced playing for months.. I am forever a fan as well

the pentatonic is the scale that (imo) sounds egyptian?
(i dont read notes so im looking at my tuning wheel),, but is it something like: F,F#,A,A#,C,C#,D#,F ?

or in tab form
E| 1-2-5-6-8-9-11-12 ?

i think i was noting (when tryign to learn guitar) alot of metal uses those scales ?

(i have no musical training what-so-ever,,, i chose discipline in the visual)

Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject:  

Jerkazoid wrote:
i remeber getting, vulgar display. and i think it was cemetary gates,,, i musta practiced playing for months.. I am forever a fan as well

Cemetery Gates is on Cowboys from Hell, and yeah, I had it on "repeat track" when I first got the CD. Cool song. Twisted Evil

VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject:  

im only 20 years old, so i didnt get into them til i was about 14, and for that i am sad. but, im just incredibly greatful i got the chance to see them live before they broke up. and now im even more greatful that i saw them before darrel and vinnie were assassinated.

only 2 words will ever describe this event.

THIS. BLOWS.

nathan gale. hmm. where is this mans grave now. i need to piss.

Full name: Darrell Lance Abbott
Instrument: Guitars
Birthday: 20th August 1966.
Birthplace: Dallas, Texas

Short biography:
Darrel Abbott grew up outside of Dallas, Texas, where his father owned a recording studio. He saw many great blues and country artists come through as clients of his father and he learned from them. He learned quickly. So quickly in fact that he was not allowed to enter any guitar contests in the whole state because he'd already won them all... He was 16. It seems though that, even with this prodigical skill, the band wasn't sure which direction to go artisticly until almost 1990 with the release of Cowboys From Hell. Before the development of their Power Groove, Pantera released a few unknown albums of cheezy-sounding glam
rock (if you ever get a chance to hear anything from that era, I suggest you do. Songs like Ride My Rocket off of Metal Magic are quite entertaining. I can only decribe the sound as something like old Bon Jovi or Poison with amazing guitar solos). As far as the change of alias from Diamond Darrell to Dimebag Darrell, the six-string guru claims that it has always been Dimebag, there was just a bunch of confusion about it. Personally, I believe he was coaxed into toning the Dimebag handle down early on strictly for PR purposes.

Full name: Vinnie Paul
Instrument: Drums
Birthday: 11th March 1964.
Birthplace: Dallas, Texas

Short biography:
Vincent Paul Abbott, brother to Darrell Lance Abbott, grew up under the same circumstances as Dimebag. With a father who owned a recording studio, I suppose he was destined to be the studio genius that he is (I believe that he remixed all of the techno-sounding remixes that you can find on most of their Vulgar imports, though I myself don't own any to know for sure). And I suppose that he was also destined to be the rythmic wizard that his syncapation and double kick-bass speed has proved him to be. Vinnie loves Pro-Football and Pro-Basketball (especially those Texas teams).

bios taken from http://klub.posluh.hr/metal/pantera/bio.htm

elsmokinmonkey

BNet Acct/Realm: Jacksoville, Florida
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:48 am    Post subject:  

from what i read, vinnie is alive guys...i dont really want to talk about this whole thing much anymore, i am still pretty bummed about it, and words cant even begin to describe ya know...but im pretty sure vinnie is alive, 2 fans, dime, and that fucking douchebag nathan gale are dead...*sigh*
/w *theklein (rushing)

Over and Out Connecticut

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: